Who is this course for?
This apprenticeship is ideal if you’re interested in:
- Embarking on a career as a Network Engineer, Systems Engineer, Network Administrator or Network Architect
- Developing your knowledge and understanding of key concepts of physical and virtual networks
Network Engineer is a Level 4 Apprenticeship.
24 months total: 21 months Practical, 3-month EPA.
Firebrand’s sector-leading Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship develops apprentices to design, build, and secure multi-vendor networks.
Apprentices will get a thorough understanding of how Networking Infrastructure is installed, secured, and maintained for both physical and software-defined networks.
Firebrand’s programme is taught through a blended framework of Residential and Online Classroom learning based on our Lecture, Lab, Review methodology.
The learning of your apprentice is supplemented by support from our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) as well as full access to a complex e-learning platform and online labs, where they can practice administration in a safe environment.
Please note that, for this apprenticeship, pathways in CompTIA Network+ and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA): Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions are also available.
Before attending this accelerated apprenticeship, you should have:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or A-Levels, a Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship or BTEC in a relatable subject), or relevant experience and/or an aptitude test
STEM subjects would also be beneficial to your application.
You should not have an existing qualification at the same level or higher than this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
- Detecting and resolving Network Failures
- Improving Network Performance
- Install and Manage Network Architecture
- Test and Analyse Network issues
- Planning and working effectively
End Point Assessment
All Apprenticeships end with the End Point Assessment (EPA). This is completed by a third party, the End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO).
The EPA evaluates all the work completed through the duration of the Apprenticeship.
For the Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship, the EPA consists of:
- a Simulated assessment and questioning, and
- a Professional Discussion underpinned by portfolio with the independent assessor
The apprentice will only enter the EPA Gateway once the employer is content that the apprentice is working at or above the occupational standard. In making this decision, the in-work mentor may take advice from Firebrand, but the decision must ultimately be made by them.
EPAO determines when all other Gateway requirements have been met, and the EPA period will only commence once the EPAO has confirmed this.
The EPA assessment period in Gateway can be anything from 4 weeks to 6 months.
For more information, check out our EPA Fact Sheet.
Upon completion of the Level 4 Network Engineer Apprenticeship, progression routes include:
- Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (integrated degree)
- Level 6 Cyber Security Technical Professional (integrated degree)
- Level 7 Digital and Technology Solutions Specialist (integrated degree)