Networking and Infrastructure are the backbone on which all other digital fields function.
They’re not flashy, but they’re vital to keeping everything running. If you’re the sort of person who feels a great sense of reward in seeing a lot of green lights and enjoying a cup of tea while a system works, this field is for you. Naturally, if the system stops working at 3am, you'll also want to be able to fix it – but, if you designed and built it correctly, it didn't break completely, right?
Firebrand Network Apprenticeships cover key areas of Networking, such as:
- Network Devices and their roles
- OSI TCP/IP Models which lead into troubleshooting methodologies
- Routing / Switching
- Hardening a network
- Network monitoring and performance
- Servers and Service provision
- Change Management in a functioning Network
- Business continuity and high availability concepts
- Disaster recovery and incident response
Popular career choices post-apprenticeship include:
- Network Engineer
- Infrastructure Engineer
- Network Administrator
- Network Architect
- Systems Engineer
Our programmes are frequently updated to reflect developments in this growing field.
Browse our programmes below.