Start your career with Jet2.com!
IT Support Engineer roles are in high demand, with many opportunities for advancement and competitive salaries. They're a great choice for starting out in tech.
What careers can it lead to?
A career as IT Support Engineer can begin in roles that provide troubleshooting assistance to customers or clients over the phone, email, or chat. Network roles focus more on providing internal aid to businesses in relation to their network performance or technology systems.
These roles can progress into Technical Trainer or Field Engineer positions that provide support and troubleshooting to customers on-site, often installing, repairing, and maintaining computer systems or equipment.
Working as IT Support Engineer is a good choice for those who enjoy problem-solving, have a strong technical aptitude, and are interested in a dynamic and growing field.
What will I learn?
You’ll develop a strong understanding of:
- Common concepts of computing hardware
- Networks and modern workplace deployment of the cloud computing platform Microsoft Azure
- Vendor-specific terminology
- Supporting businesses in small to large-scale deployment of IT devices, services and solutions.
Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900T01-A)
- Module 1 — Cloud concepts
- Module 2 — Azure architecture and services
- Module 3 — Azure management and governance
- Section 1 — Hardware
- Section 2 — Networking
- Section 3 — Mobile Devices
- Section 4 — Hardware and Network Troubleshooting
- Section 5 — Windows Operating Systems
- Section 6 — Other Operating Systems and Technologies
- Section 7 — Security
- Section 8 — Software Troubleshooting
- Section 9 — Operational Procedures
As part of this Skills Bootcamp, you'll sit the following exams:
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals (AZ-900)
- CompTIA A+ (Core 1 — 220-1001)
- CompTIA A+ (Core 2 — 220-1002)