On this 6-day accelerated course, you'll develop the skills to manage the LAMP and WAMP solution stacks. You'll get an introduction to full-stack development using Open Source applications including MySQL and Drupal. You'll also learn to program in PHP, a server-side scripting language.
Once you've completed this training you can expect to have a well-developed understanding of topics such as:
- Building an ecommerce shop
- Creating a content management system (CMS)
- Developing contact us forms
- Developing web forms
- Handling form data using PHP and SQL
- Install Drupal website
- Build a website, blog or online shop
- Use Drupal distributions
- Understand Drupal View and CCK
Using Firebrand's unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique you'll learn both the theoretical knowledge and the hands-on skills required in MySQL and Drupal.
This course is designed for PHP beginners interested in creating a dynamic website and maintaining a website using Drupal.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Six reasons why you should sit your PHP, MySQL and Drupal course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be PHP, MySQL and Drupal trained in just 6 days.
- Our PHP, MySQL and Drupal course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- You’ll learn more PHP, MySQL and Drupal. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn PHP, MySQL and Drupal faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying PHP, MySQL and Drupal with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study PHP, MySQL and Drupal courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Part 1: PHP
- Introduction to dynamic websites
- What is PHP and Apache?
- Server Side vs. Client Side Scripting
- What is MySQL Database?
- Why choose PHP and MySQL
- Installing PHP, MySQL, phpMyAdmin, Apache web server
- PHP Syntax
- Hello world String
- PHP variables, data types and operators
- Conditional statements using If, else and Switch
- Creating numeric and associative Arrays
- Array() Construct
- PHP For and While Loops
- Server Side Includes (SSI)
- Defining your own PHP functions
- Functions Parameters
- Function return value
- Calling a function
- PHP Built-in Functions
- PHP Date and String functions
HTML Forms and PHP
- What is Form
- Form action and method
- How to send, capture and display form data
- URL Parameters
PHP Global Variables
- POST and GET
Part 2: MySQL
- Database concepts and RDBMS (Relational Database Management Systems)
- Introduction to SQL (Structured Query Language)
- Creating ERD (Entity Relationship Diagram)
- Understanding phpMyAdmin
- What are MySQL data types
- Creating and Editing Database and Tables
- Primary and foreign key
- Inserting Data in tables
- Updating, deleting, selecting and searching for data using SWL Wild cards
- Using group functions
- MySQL built-in functions
- Using table joins
Create Dynamic Pages using PHP and MySQL
- Connect PHP with MySQL
- Insert web page data into database
- Update data from web pages
- View dynamic data and delete data on web pages
How to setup a website development project
- Project, Folder and File Structure
- Database design
Projects in PHP and MySQL Course
Project 1: Build a Contact us Email Form
- Create Form on web page
- Accept data
- Mail function
Project 2: Build a Login system
- Create a login page and connect a login page to database
- Validate login data
- Creating a restricted area
Project 3: Build an online shop backend CMS
- Database for shopping cart website
- Add and delete product pages and images
- View and update products
- View customers
- View online orders
Project 4: Create an E-commerce shopping cart website
- E-commerce website design
- Create a home page
- Build a product search
- Display e-commerce catalogue
- Create a basket page
- Remove, add and update the basket page
- Customer checkout
Drupal Course Content:
- Introduction to CMS
- What is Drupal
- Role of HTML
Roles and User Accounts
- Changing Your account settings
- Roles and User Accounts
- Set-up New User Accounts
- Content Types
- Finding and Editing Content
- Editing Options
- Taxonomies - Organising content
- Input FormatRevision Information
- File Attachments
- Configure comment settings for a content type
- Authoring information
- Content publishing options
Setting Up Forums
- Create a Forum and Forum Container
- Create and Manage a Book and Book Outline
- Add a 'Child' Page
Using CK Editor
- Editing Content
- Cutting and Pasting - will Drupal pick up formatting if text is c + straight from Microsoft Word?
- Styling Text
- Adding Links and Images
Site Structure Overview
- Learn about structure of a Drupal site
- Regions, Blocks and Menus
- Images and resources library - how can images and resources be organised and easily accessed?
- Image resizing - is it possible to do this in the CMS?
- Homepage - what content can be featured here? Is it customisable?
- Search - how does the search work on the public facing website?
- Creating meta data
- Downloading Drupal
- How to upload your site to a hosting server
- Finding a web host for your site
- Reserve a domain name (website name)
- Installing Drupal on your Web Space
- Adding a pre-existing site theme to Drupal
- Creating and adding your own site template to Drupal
- Free vs premium Drupal themes
- What is Modules?
- Where to find Drupal Modules
- Downloading, Installing and Activating Modules
Drupal Core Modules
- Access statistics and logging
- Advanced search
- Blogs, books, comments, forums, and polls
- Descriptive URLs
- Multi-level menu system
- Multi-site support
- Multi-user content creation and editing
- RSS feed and feed aggregator
- User profiles
- What is Distributions and where to find them?
- Downloading and installing Distributions
- Activating Distributions
Managing Media in Drupal
- Uploading Images
- Image Formatting
- Managing the Media Library
- Adding Video to your website
- Adding Audio
SEO for your Drupal website
- What is Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- On and off page SEO
- Tools for SEO
- H1 and other headings
- Titles and Meta tags
- SEO friendly URL
- Optimising Images
- XML Sitemap
- Sitemap submission
Drupal Views, CCK and Panels
- Creating catalogue of services and products
- Create advanced content views using filters and argument
- Create contact form
- Drupal Content Construction Kit
- Create complex content types
- Visually design website.
- Drag and drop layout manager
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You do not need to possess any prerequisites for this certification.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
App and Web Development PHP, MySQL and Drupal Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The training was very engaging and made interesting. I was able to follow along with the course content well and had help re-capping parts I was less clear on. The facilities were also very appealing ."
J.S., BT. (6/1/2020 to 8/1/2020)
"I found the training very useful and all parts of it were taught in interesting ways. "
Oliver Randall, BT. (6/1/2020 to 8/1/2020)
"Good facilities provided to ensure the non class room side of the visit were as smooth as possible not to impact the course work.The days were really well planned with a constant mix of different learning techniques to gain as much knowledge as possible prior to exam.The instructor had a really good pace of keeping the course moving but going over any points that people needed further time on."
Owen Shaw, Lloyds Banking Group. (6/1/2020 to 8/1/2020)
"The experience was good and I learned a lot. The flexibility and freedom in learning methods was also really useful."
Craig Gillett, Virgin Media. (6/1/2020 to 8/1/2020)
"Constant access to classrooms has been very helpful. Staff always on hand to answer questions. Has been a positive experience."
J.H., Virgin Media. (6/1/2020 to 8/1/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students