Exciting news at Firebrand!
This spring, we're introducing a new Apprenticeship standard — the Level 4 Digital Forensic Technician, ideal for those interested in Cyber Security.
Here is what the Firebrand Head of Cyber Curriculum, Phil Chapman, had to say about it:
"At Firebrand Training, we have been involved in the delivery of Digital Apprenticeship standards across all disciplines for nearly 10 years. During this time we have built robust systems, support networks, and processes which result in us being amongst the top digital apprenticeship training providers within the UK — which aligns with Firebrand being in the Top 20 IT Training Providers at a global level.
"We have been providing quality technical training for over 20 years on an international level and are one of the UK's leading suppliers of vendor-specific training. Our commercial courses include a wide range of internationally recognised certifications from accredited organisations such as Microsoft, Cisco, ISACA, ISC2, Crest, and EC-Council. The depth and wealth of knowledge that is achieved through our continued support with such organisations feeds directly into the bespoke Cybercrime and Cyber Security courses that we develop.
"Firebrand Apprenticeships continue to rank amongst the top UK providers in the digital sector with the highest achievement and distinction rates for our learners.
"Based on our proven track record of quality training, in 2007 we were approached by several law enforcement agencies to spearhead the training and delivery of Cyber Security and Cybercrime courses to bridge the gap in skills and knowledge in evolving Cyber Crime Units (CCU) within UK law enforcement. This resulted in a series of programmes being developed that supported the Prepare, Protect, Prevent and Pursue strategies within the UK and was led by the Metropolitan Police Service (MPS), National Crime Agency (NCA), and the National Digital Exploitation Service (NDES). Other bespoke courses were provided at the regional and national levels.
"The courses have been developed in line with current policing practices, laws, regulations and standards appropriate to the investigation of digital evidence and forensic standards and regulations.
"Firebrand Training has been at the forefront of delivering the relevant knowledge and skills at the national level to over 1,200 operational police officers and staff and has gained a reputation of being the leading training provider for these courses. We employ instructors who have both technical and law enforcement operational knowledge and remain current in all aspects of these skill areas.
"In 2023, this was further enhanced when Firebrand was awarded the sole contract to deliver Cybercrime courses to all CCUs in respect to Prepare, Protect and Pursue operations by the National Police Chiefs’ Council (NPCC). We were awarded this contract due to the relevancy of our training, the high quality of our skills, and our use of digital forensics in support of cybercrime and cyber-enabled crime in operational and strategic investigations alike.
"Our commercial experience and continued success in the delivery of both NPCC Cybercrime courses and Digital Apprenticeships provides organisations with the perfect opportunity to onboard Level 4 Digital Forensic Technicians, knowing apprentices will receive the most relevant training, the highest level of support, and vendor-specific training and qualifications alongside their Level 4 accreditation."
Our DFT programme includes:
- One-to-one support from a Learning Mentor (LM) and Subject Matter Expert (SME)
- A dedicated set of e-learning packages which support the knowledge and skills relevant to the DFT standard and complement each training module
- End Point Assessment (EPA) support and guidance throughout the program from the LM and SME and our internal Quality Assurance Team.
- Training in digital social skills and behaviours
- Instructor-led training, either in class or online, in the following courses:
- NPCC Cybercrime Foundation, which covers all aspects of digital systems, acquisition, laws and regulations, forensic imaging, and associated areas
- EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (CIH), an internationally recognised vendor qualification in the knowledge and skills used in investigating a wide range of incidents, forensic readiness, and first response
- EC-Council Certified Hacking Forensic Investigator (CHFI), an internationally recognised vendor qualification in all aspects of computer forensics, providing digital evidence and cybercrime
- NPCC Cybercrime Investigation, which covers advanced technical concepts and practical skills required to detect, collect and analyse digital material from a crime scene in line with current UK laws, regulations, standards, and best practices.
What is Firebrand?
For the past 13 years in a row, we’ve been named one of the Top 20 IT Training Companies in the World.
We were the first Apprenticeship provider to adopt the new Digital Standards and, two years ago, we became the first training provider to be inducted into the World Skills Excellence programmes.
Perhaps one of them is right for you?