Learn how to build big data applications to solve real-world problems using Apache Hadoop and associated tools, in just 3-days.
On this accelerated CCP Data Engineer course, you’ll get the knowledge to build and design solutions that can ingest data, determine the appropriate file format for storage, process stored data, and present the results to the end-user.
You’ll be immersed in your accelerated course with Firebrand’s Lecture | Lab | Review methodology. Get CCP Data Engineer certified - in just 3 days - and join an elite group of data engineers. You’ll also learn how to:
- Convert data between file formats
- Purge bad data
- Filter, sort, join, aggregate and transform complex data sets
- Create linear and branching workflows that include Hadoop/Hive/Pig jobs
You’ll follow the curriculum for Cloudera’s Designing and Building Big Data Applications course. This includes additional Firebrand material to prepare you for the CCP Data Engineer exam (DE575), which you’ll take as part of your accelerated course. This exam is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CCP Data Engineer certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be CCP Data Engineer trained in record time
- Our CCP Data Engineer course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CCP Data Engineer first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CCP Data Engineer faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CCP Data Engineer with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,044 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Scenario explanation
- Understanding development
- Identifying and collecting input data
- Selecting tools for data processing and analysis
- Presenting results to the user
Defining and using data sets
- Metadata management
- What is Apache Avro?
- Avro schemas
- Avro schema evolution
- Selecting a file format
- Performance considerations
Using the Kite SDK data module
- What is the Kite SDK?
- Fundamental data module concepts
- Creating new data sets using the Kite SDK
- Loading, accessing and deleting a data set
Importing relational data with Apache Sqoop
- What is Apache Sqoop?
- Basic imports
- Limiting results
- Improving Sqoop’s performance
- Sqoop 2
Capturing data with Apache Flume
- What is Apache Flume?
- Basic Flume architecture
- Flume sources
- Flume sinks
- Flume configuration
- Logging application events to Hadoop
Developing custom Flume components
- Flume data flow and common extension points
- Custom Flume sources
- Developing a flume pollable source
- Developing a Flume event-driven source
- Custom Flume interceptors
- Developing a header-modifying Flume interceptor
- Developing a filtering flume interceptor
- Writing Avro objects with a custom Flume interceptor
Managing workflows with Apache Oozie
- The need for workflow management
- What is Apache Oozie?
- Defining an Oozie workflow
- Validation, packaging and deployment
- Running and tracking workflows using the CLI
- Hue UI for Oozie
Processing data pipelines with Apache Crunch
- What is Apache Crunch?
- Understanding the runch Pipeline
- Comparing Crunch to Java MapReduce
- Working with Crunch Projects
- Reading and writing Data in Crunch
- Data collection API
- Utility classes in the Crunch API
Working with tables in Apache Hive
- What is Apache Hive?
- Accessing Hive
- Basic query syntax
- Creating and populating Hive Tables
- How Hive reads data
- Using the RegexSerDe in Hive
Developing user-defined functions
- What are user-defined functions?
- Implementing a user-defined function
- Deploying custom libraries in hive
- Registering a user-defined function in Hive
Executing interactive queries with Impala
- What is Impala?
- Comparing Hive to Impala
- Running queries in Impala
- Support for user-defined functions
- Data and metadata management
Understanding Cloudera Search
- What is Cloudera Search?
- Search architecture
- Supported document formats
Indexing data with Cloudera Search
- Collection and schema management
- Indexing data in batch mode
- Indexing data in near real time
Presenting results to users
- Solr query syntax
- Building a search UI with Hue
- Accessing Impala through JDBC
- Powering a custom web application with Impala and Search
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- CCP Data Engineer Exam (DE575)
You will be provided with five to eight customer problems, each with a large, unique data set and a CDH cluster. You will then have four hours in which to implement a technical solution to each problem that meets all functional requirements.
- This is a hands-on practical exam using Cloudera technologies
- You’ll get your own pre-loaded CDH cluster that includes:
- Your CCP certification is valid for three years
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You should possess in-depth experience developing data engineer solutions and a high-level working knowledge of data analysis.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Cloudera CCP Data Engineer Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,044 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Great training. Great Instructors."
G.S.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
"Trainer was excellent with REAL life experience. Training is also fun which makes learning really easy. "
G.S.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
"Excellent course with an excellent instructor. Highly recommended."
J.T.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
"I found the course was well presented. The instructor was enthusiastic and engaging allowing a good all round experience."
A.W.. (27/1/2020 to 1/2/2020)
"Good teaching. Encourages independence in learning. "
A.C.. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students