The Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 introduced significant legislative changes to financial practice and corporate governance regulation intended to "protect investors by improving the accuracy and reliability of corporate disclosures made pursuant to the securities laws".
Our Sarbanes Oxley SOX Certification 4-Day Accelerated Training and Certification Program provides you with a thorough understanding of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act, and how it applies to your job, your career, your company, and your industry.
This blended-learning program employs our outcome-based (Lecture/Lab/Review) delivery that focuses on preparing you with the practical Sarbanes-Oxley skills you'll need to effectively and efficiently achieve your certification. Students will live, learn, and take the rigorous examination at one of our state-of-the-art education centers.
Our Sarbanes Oxley SOX Certification Program:
- Allows you to achieve your certification in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages
- Helps you grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to your individual learning style through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
- Enhances your retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
Sarbanes Oxley SOX Certification Program is offered in partnership with the prestigious Sarbanes-Oxley Institute - the only global provider of Sarbanes-Oxley professional certifications. This rigorous course is based on actual projects and uses a real-world training methodology. Once you're certified, you'll possess the required skills to protect your company.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be SOX certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be SOX trained in record time
- Our SOX course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass SOX first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn SOX faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying SOX with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,044 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Sarbanes Oxley SOX Certification Program is offered in partnership with the prestigious Sarbanes-Oxley Institute - the only global provider of Sarbanes-Oxley professional certifications. This rigorous course is based on actual projects and uses real-world training methodology. Once you're certified, you'll possess the in-depth knowledge and hands-on skills you need to protect your company - and take your career to the next level.
- Learn practical Sarbanes-Oxley skills you can use on the job.
- Gain access to a wide range of SOX-related experts and instructors.
- Increase your effectiveness on the job in days, instead of months.
- SOX-certified employees will help elevate and secure your company's accounting and business methods.
- Knowledgeable employees help create a compliant and more ethical organization.
- Customers see great value in certification - they want the people on their engagement to have the best skills, and certification provides that proof point.
- Employer-funded training and certification programs are a key to retaining skilled staff. Career development and advancement opportunities are shown to significantly reduce rates of employee turnover.
- Certification Training Programs provide benchmarks for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately assessing technical skills.
- For-certification training programs maximize educational investments through immediate validation of skills.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need, including:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Friendly competitions between concurrently running classes
- Independent study
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Our award winning four-day Sarbanes Oxley SOX Certification is the most effective, efficient way for professionals to prepare for and pass the CSOX examination. Students who successfully complete the Sarbanes-Oxley Training and Certification Program will possess the knowledge and skills required to ensure SOX compliance within specific functions of an organization.
While attending this blended-learning program, you will receive a robust set of course materials that caters to each of the three primary individual learning-intake styles (auditory, visual, and kinaesthetic-tactual) - critical for a successful accelerated learning experience.
In addition to daily lectures, labs and review sessions, the course will cover the following materials, in depth. You will receive a complimentary copy of each:
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Guide for Finance and Information Technology Professionals by Sanjay Anand (a $50 value) This edited collection by Sanjay Anand, the Chairperson of SOX Institute, is widely regarded to be the most comprehensive SOX compliance guide for IT and finance professionals. Within its pages, you'll find:
- Key aspects and components of the SOX Act
- Valuable information on how to assess a company's SOX compliancy
- A 'roadmap' to compliance, including checklists, worksheets and project plans
- Business and technology implications and resource requirements for compliance
- ISACA/ITGI: Information Technology Control Objectives (COBIT) for Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX). This document by ISACA sets out the IT control objectives that might be considered for assessing internal controls, as required by the SOX Act. This is a practical guide for IT rollout in organizations.
- The Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404 Implementation Toolkit: Practice Aids for Managers and Auditors by Michael Ramos (a $75 value - includes CD ROM). This is the first book to provide detailed implementation practice aids for Sarbanes-Oxley 404 compliance. It's filled with work programs, audit checklists and examples that you can tailor to meet your own needs. A useful CD ROM is included, and contains all of the tools from the book.
Firebrand Training has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements critical to an effective Project Management Professional:
- Lesson Objectives
- History and Impact of SOX
- Events leading up to the Act
- Key Components of the Act
- The role of the SEC and PCAOB
- Consequences for business
- SOX and Other Regulations
- Critical Sections of SOX Act including 302, 404, 409, 806, 301
- CEO/CFO Disclosure, Certification
- Internal Controls, Assertions, Risk
- Frameworks and Methodologies
- COSO, COBIT, ISO 17799, ITIL
- SOX for Foreign Issuers, SAS 70
- Entire SOX Compliance Roadmap
- Review of Day One
- Revisit SOX Compliance Roadmap
- Entity- and Process-level Controls
- Application & IT General Controls
- Designing, Documenting Controls
- Primary and Secondary Controls
- Preventive and Detective Controls
- Deficiencies and Weaknesses
- Identify, isolate and remediate
- Develop and Execute Test Plans
- Case-Study Discussion
- Breakout into Workshop Groups
- Conduct Case-Study Exercise
- Present Case-Study Exercise
- Revisit SOX Compliance Roadmap
- Understanding Project Management and SOX Implementation
- Understanding the SOXA Methodology
- Breakout into Workshop Groups
- Conduct Case-Study Exercise
- Present Case-Study Exercise
- Interactive CSOX Exam-Objective Reinforcement
- CSOX Exam Delivery
See Exam Track...
The CSOX credential is
the only globally recognized professional
examination certification in Sarbanes-Oxley. The SOX
Program provides two levels of Sarbanes-Oxley
professional examination certifications:
SOXBase (CSOX) is
an entry-level examination certification that
requires you to pass a qualifying test to determine
your factual proficiency in the fundamental tenets
of SOX, as covered in the program.
We will prepare
you for your choice of the the following exam
- Finance, Accounting, IS, IT (CSOX-FIT)
- Auditing and Accounting (CSOX-IA)
- IT and Information Security (CSOX-IT)
- Enterprise Risk Management (CSOX-RM)
One of these
exams coupled with attending our authorized
course certifies you at the SOX Base-level,
which is a prerequisite to obtaining the
industry recognized SOX Pro-level (SOX
is a more advanced level that requires you to
demonstrate substantial experience in SOX, and
certifies you at the Pro-level (SOX
For each exam,
Subsequent Annual Maintenance requires a minimum of
12 hours of Sarbanes-Oxley related CPEs or PDUs.
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
To obtain the SOXPro (CSOXP) certification, a candidate must have the following prerequisites:
- SOXBase-level certification. There is no additional exam
- 1200 hours of Sarbanes-Oxley experience in the prior year
When you register for CSOXP, you're asked to complete a questionnaire about your SOX-related work history. Please have locations, dates, and number of hours ready.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Sarbanes-Oxley SOX Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,044 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"That was a great experience to get high quality knowledge on the specific area, thank you."
Ozan Yasar, Turkcell. (17/11/2014 to 21/11/2014)
"The experience has been quite insightful, eye opening and interesting. One of the best training I have had and Firebrand is obviously one of the best places I have learned."
Oludare Atoki, Nigeria LNG Limited. (7/11/2011 to 11/11/2011)
"I have really enjoyed this weeks training. The instructor was great, very informative and knowledgeable and the training material assisted learning."
Kimberly Lewis, Barclays. (7/11/2011 to 11/11/2011)
"Generally satisfied with the facility (although the daily distance from Robinson to the training centre a bit inconvenient). "
Pavla Bowes. (7/11/2011 to 11/11/2011)
"The course was extremely informative and targeted my specific requirements. The course trainer was extremely knowledgeable."
Anon.. (7/11/2011 to 11/11/2011)
Latest Reviews from our students