Implementing and Maintaining Windows SharePoint Services 3 and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS)
Many companies, departments, and project teams need to share information and collaborate on projects in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
The latest 2007 version of SharePoint Server contains an integrated suite of server capabilities for enterprise search, content management, business process facilitation, simplified information sharing, and enhanced business insight.
SharePoint Services is a versatile technology which provides the infrastructure for collaboration and a foundation for building Web-based applications. With Firebrand Training you can now become an expert in both.
In this five (5) day Sharepoint Certification Program you will learn how to:
- Plan the Windows SharePoint Services 3.0 environment
- Install, Configure and Manage Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Plan and Deploy a Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS) implementation
- Implement Portals, Search and Indexing, Content Management and Business Intelligence solutions on SharePoint Technologies
- Administer, Maintain and Optimise Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS)
- The final day of the course will provide attendees with an overview of the new features / administrative model and interface of Microsoft Sharepoint 2010
Our Microsoft SharePoint Program:
- Allows you to become proficient in Microsoft SharePoint in less time than 'traditional training' while exposing each student to real-world, hands-on virtual team website enabling information sharing between project team departments
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be SharePoint certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be SharePoint trained in record time
- Our SharePoint course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass SharePoint first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn SharePoint faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying SharePoint with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,101 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Implementing and Maintaining Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- Module 1: Deploying Windows SharePoint Services
- Module 2: Monitoring Windows SharePoint Services
- Module 3: Configuring Security for Windows SharePoint Services
- Module 4: Administering Windows SharePoint Services
- Module 5: Managing Customisation
- Module 6: Configure Network Infrastructure for Windows SharePoint Services
- Review & Exam 70-631
Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Module 1: Configuring Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS) Portal
- Module 2: Managing Search
- Module 3: Configuring Content Management
- Module 4: Configure Business Forms
- Module 5: Managing Business Intelligence
- Module 6: Manage Administration
- Module 7: Deploy/Upgrade Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
- Exam 70-630
Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2010 Overview
- Installing and Configuring Sharepoint 2010 and Sharepoint Foundation
- New Features In Sharepoint 2010 and Sharepoint Foundation
- Upgrading from Microsoft Office Sharepoint 2007 to Sharepoint 2010
See Exam Track...
This course will include two Microsoft MCTS exams:
- Exam 70-631: Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist certification for Windows SharePoint Services 3.0, Configuring
- Exam 70-630: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 configuring
See What's Included...
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 Administrator's Companion - Book/CD Package ISBN: 9780735622821
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 5060 AC - Implementing Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0
- MOC 5061 AC - Implementing Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Students are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- On-the-job experience in implementing, managing, and supporting Microsoft Windows Server 2003, including IIS.
- Working knowledge of networking, e.g. TCP/IP and DNS.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint Technologies.
- Working knowledge of Windows SharePoint Services and Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007 (MOSS) interoperability.
Delegates are required to meet the following prerequisites:
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
What are the differences between Sharepoint 2007 and Sharepoint 2010?
- The main differences in the new version are in the user interface, which takes it's navigation from Microsoft Office 2007, "Ribbon" tool bars and the hardware requirements.
- SharePoint 2010 will only be available in 64-bit, not really a problem for most businesses nowadays but more of an issue for developers who may need to upgrade their development environment, requiring 64-bit dev tools instead of 32-bit dev tools.
- The new user interface will make SharePoint feel a little more user friendly.
What new tools does Sharepoint 2010 incude?
- Centralised logging area, in MOSS 2007 an administrator had to review several different logs to trouble shoot the installation and heath of the server farm. The new version provides this information in 1 central place.
- A health checker which checks the SharePoint Farm for common issues and will actually reconfigure and fix known issues automatically.
What customisation options does SharePoint 2010 provide?
- Sharepoint 2010 provides end-users with a greater degree of customization, providing users the ability to make SharePoint look slightly less like SharePoint without quite as many tools as would be necessary in MOSS 2007.
What Sharepoint 2010 Exams are currently available?
- There are no 2010 exams available therefore this course will not give students 2010 status.
Microsoft SharePoint Course Dates
Microsoft - SharePoint 2007 Professional (Dual MCTS) Training
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,101 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"It is a very positive and informative. The SharePoint developer training met all my requirements and I found it very helpful. "
Anonymous (24/5/2010 to 28/5/2010)
"Hard work ..., but everything you need to get the cert and an excellent trainer."
S.H, Computacenter. (24/5/2010 to 28/5/2010)
"Firebrand offered the perfect location for an intensive course. The facilities were first class meaning that there was nothing else to worry about. Everything needed was provided."
Jamie Maguire, Marshall Aerospace Ltd. (24/5/2010 to 28/5/2010)
"Firebrand facilities are second to none. with everything on one site. I was able to relax at night, and with 24/7 access to classrooms, studying was always available, the staff were most helpful, and nothing was too much of a problem"
Scott Jones, MOD. (24/5/2010 to 28/5/2010)
"The SharePoint training provided an excellent opportunity to master the intricacies of the platform in an unbelievably short time. The trainer was excellent with indepth understanding of the platform and the labs were well equiped with the required software. I wish I had attended the SharePoint 2007 course much earlier. "
Ekhorutomwen Asemota, Capgemini. (18/1/2010 to 22/1/2010)
Latest Reviews from our students