Get the knowledge you need to administer, support and configure Windows 8.1 on this accelerated six day course. Plus, earning this MCSA: Windows 8.1 certification will qualify you for a position as a computer support specialist.
As well as learning how to install and customise Windows 8.1 operating systems and apps, you’ll also study:
- Volume Activation for Windows 8.1
- Answer File creation
- Remote management tools
- Windows PowerShell
- User profile management
On this official course, you’ll get access to Microsoft Official Courseware and take both MCSA: Windows 8.1 certification exams onsite.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be MCSA: Windows 8.1 certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be MCSA: Windows 8.1 trained in record time
- Our MCSA: Windows 8.1 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass MCSA: Windows 8.1 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn MCSA: Windows 8.1 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying MCSA: Windows 8.1 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,706 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a Certification Guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Windows 8.1 in an Enterprise Network Environment
- Managing Windows 8.1 in an Enterprise Environment
- Overview of Windows 8.1
Installing and Deploying Windows 8.1
- Preparing to Install and Deploy Windows 8.1
- Installing Windows 8.1
- Customizing and Preparing an Image for Deployment
- Volume Activation for Windows 8.1
Managing Profiles and User State in Windows 8.1
- Managing User Accounts and Profiles
- Configuring User State Virtualization
- Migrating User State and Settings
Tools Used for Configuring and Managing Windows 8.1
- Tools Used to Perform Local and Remote Management of Windows 8.1
- Using Windows PowerShell to Configure and Manage Windows 8.1
- Using Group Policy for Management
Managing Disks and Device Drivers
- Managing Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Maintaining Disks, Partitions, and Volumes
- Working with Virtual Hard Disks
- Installing and Configuring Device Drivers
Configuring Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv4 Network Connectivity
- Configuring IPv6 Network Connectivity
- Implementing Automatic IP Address Allocation
- Implementing Name Resolution
- Implementing Wireless Network Connectivity
Configuring Resource Access for Domain-Joined and Non-Domain Joined Devices
- Configuring Domain Access for Windows 8.1 Devices
- Managing Non-Domain Devices
- Configuring Workplace Join
- Configuring Work Folders
Implementing Network Security
- Overview of Threats to Network Security
- Configuring Windows Firewall
- Securing Network Traffic
- Guarding Against Malware
Configuring File, Folder, and Printer Access
- Managing File and Folder Access
- Managing Shared Folder Access
- Configuring File and Folder Compression
- Overview of SkyDrive
- Managing Printers
Securing Windows 8.1 Devices
- Authentication and Authorization in Windows 8.1
- Implementing Local Policies
- Securing Data with EFS and BitLocker
- Configuring User Account Control
Configuring Applications for Windows 8.1
- Application Deployment Options in Windows 8.1
- Managing Windows Store Apps
- Configuring Internet Explorer Settings
- Configuring Application Restrictions in the Enterprise
Optimizing and Maintaining Windows 8.1 Computers
- Optimizing the Performance of Windows 8.1
- Managing the Reliability of Windows 8.1
- Managing Software Updates in Windows 8.1
Configuring Mobile Computing and Remote Access
- Configuring Mobile Computers and Device Settings
- Overview of DirectAccess
- Configuring VPN Access
- Configuring Remote Desktop and Remote Assistance
Recovering Windows 8.1
- Backing Up and Restoring Files in Windows 8.1
- Recovery Options in Windows 8.1
Configuring Client Hyper-V
- Overview of Client Hyper-V
- Creating Virtual Machines
- Managing Virtual Hard Disks
- Managing Checkpoints
Introduction to Troubleshooting Windows 8.1
- Common Windows 8.1 Troubleshooting Scenarios
- Overview of Windows 8.1 Architecture
- Overview of Troubleshooting Steps
Troubleshooting Computer Startup
- Overview of the Windows 8.1 Startup Recovery Environment
- Optimizing and Troubleshooting Startup Settings
- Troubleshooting Operating System Services Issues
- Recovering BitLocker-Protected Drives
Troubleshooting Hardware and Device Drivers
- Overview of Hardware Troubleshooting
- Troubleshooting Physical Failures
- Troubleshooting Device Driver Failures
- Monitoring Reliability
- Configuring the Registry
- Using Remote Desktop
- Using Remote Assistance
- Remoting with Windows PowerShell
Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
- Determining Network Settings
- Troubleshooting Network Connectivity Issues
Troubleshooting Group Policy
- Overview of Group Policy Application
- Resolving Client Configuration Failures and GPO Application Issues
Troubleshooting User Settings
- Troubleshooting Sign In Issues
- Troubleshooting User Profiles
- Troubleshooting Folder Redirection
- Troubleshooting USMT
Troubleshooting Remote Connectivity
- Troubleshooting VPN Connectivity Issues
- Troubleshooting NAP Issues
- Troubleshooting DirectAccess Issues
Troubleshooting Resource Access within a Domain
- Troubleshooting File Access Issues
- Troubleshooting File Permissions Issues
- Troubleshooting Printer Access Issues
Configuring and Troubleshooting Resource Access for Non-Domain Joined Clients
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Workplace Join
- Configuring and Troubleshooting Work Folders
- Configuring and Troubleshooting SkyDrive Access
- Troubleshooting Application Installation Issues
- Troubleshooting Desktop Apps
- Troubleshooting Windows Store Apps
- Troubleshooting Internet Explorer
- Troubleshooting Client Hyper-V
Maintaining Windows 8.1
- Troubleshoot Windows Activation Issues
- Monitoring and Configuring Performance Options in Windows 8.1
- Protecting Windows 8.1 from Malware and Viruses
- Applying Application and Windows Updates
Recovering Windows 8.1
- Restoring Files in Windows 8.1
- Recovery Options in Windows 8.1
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams, and gain your MCSA: Windows 8 certification:
- Exam 70-687: Configuring Windows 8.1
- Exam 70-688: Supporting Windows 8.1
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 20687: Configuring Windows 8.1
- MOC 20688: Supporting Windows 8.1
- Managing And Maintaining Windows 8.1: Exam Ref 70-688 – ISBN 9780735684737
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on 080 80 800 888.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
As well as professional experience, Firebrand recommend you possess:
- At least two years of experience in IT
- Knowledge of networking fundamentals, including Transmission Control Protocol /Internet Protocol (TCP/IP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP), and Domain Name System (DNS)
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory Domain Services (AD DS) principles and fundamentals of AD DS management
- Understanding of the certificate security and working knowledge of the fundamentals of Active Directory Certificate Services (AD CS)
- Understanding of Windows Server 2008 R2 or Windows Server 2012 fundamentals
- Understanding of Microsoft Windows Client essentials; for example, working knowledge of Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 and/or Windows 8
- Basic understanding of Windows PowerShell
- Basic awareness of Windows deployment tools (Windows ADK components: Windows PE, Windows SIM, VAMT, ImageX, USMT, and DISM concepts and fundamentals) but no actual prerequisite skills with the specific tools are assumed
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on 080 80 800 888 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Microsoft MCSA: Windows 8.1 Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,706 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"With some preparation before arriving in the centre, everything went well. Off home now for some much deserved sleep."
Phillip Edwards, Telis Ltd. (24/8/2015 to 29/8/2015)
"Great place to be. I'm sad I have to leave here on my birthday."
Daniel Bishop, Telis Ltd. (24/8/2015 to 29/8/2015)
"One stop learning shop."
Simon Ramsbottom, CNS LTD. (1/12/2014 to 6/12/2014)
"Instructor was great as was the food. Instructor spent time ensuring that people understood technologies."
Namit Sood, Systematic. (1/12/2014 to 6/12/2014)
"Very intensive. Worthwhile. We will be back."
Susan Bielska. (1/12/2014 to 6/12/2014)
Latest Reviews from our students