Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Database Administrator (MCITP: Database Administrator) is the premier certification for database server administrators. This certification demonstrates that you can keep up with your enterprise business solutions 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. As an IT Pro in database administration you can:
- Design and deploy a multi-server SQL Server infrastructure
- Administer and monitor multiple instances of SQL Server centrally
- Design and implement security policy, including authentication, auditing and encryption
- Design and implement recoverability and high availability strategies on SQL Server 2005
- Administer, Maintain and Optimise Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Our Microsoft SQL 2005 Server Database Administrator Program
- Allows you to become an expert in Microsoft SQL Sever 2005 in less time than 'traditional training' while exposing each student to real-world, hands-on virtual team website enabling information sharing between project team departments
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online Database Admin courses
- You'll be Database Admin certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be Database Admin trained in record time
- Our Database Admin course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Database Admin first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Database Admin faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Database Admin with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,363 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
So what makes SQL Server 2005 compelling? The following short list highlights some of its enhanced and new features. Several of these features should make a compelling case to upgrade your SQL Server environment.
- T-SQL enhancements
- Performance improvements
- Backup enhancements
- Online-maintenance operations
- Business-intelligence enhancements
- Management-GUI enhancements
- Security enhancements
- Increased memory usage with
- Standard Edition
- XML enhancements
- SSIS enhancements (formerly DTS)
- Better e-mail handling
- 64-bit support
- Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- Service Broker
- New product versions
- High-availability features
- Data encryption
- Database Tuning Advisor
- Dedicated administrator connection
So now that you have decided to upgrade to or deploy SQL Server 2005 - why educate?
As SQL Server continues to mature, more and more features are added to the base product. This is both good and bad. The plus side is that you get more than just a database engine. The down side is that you have a lot more to learn. The days of being of being an expert on every aspect of SQL Server are over -- but this doesn't mean that you can't still use these new features. If you are only using the product's base functionality you are missing out on a wealth of functions. Case in point: Analysis Services, SQL Server's business analysis tools. This product has been available for several years and most people that use SQL Server have never taken advantage or know little about it.
What are the benefits of certification?
For IT managers, certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. Certification can also contribute to increased productivity, because studies have shown that certified individuals are generally quicker to implement and design new technologies. And of course by knowing that their employees are certified, IT managers can feel more confident about their ability to implement and support a network infrastructure.
- Overwhelmingly, individuals with Microsoft certifications have an advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill, and command more professional credibility
- The Certified IT Pro in Database Administration certification is recognised as a particularly elite indication of an database administrator's prowess and skill level, and these professionals are highly sought by employers
- Individual students may receive college credits to utilise tuition reimbursement programs for their IT training or to complete college coursework
- Employer-funded training and certification programs are a key to retaining skilled IT staff. Career development and advancement opportunities are shown to significantly reduce rates of employee turnover
- Certification Training Programs provide benchmarks for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately assessing technical skills
- For-certification training programs maximize educational investments through immediate validation of skills
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Firebrand Training has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary to become skilled as an SQL Server 2005 professional.
- Module 1: Designing a Database Server Infrastructure
- Designing Security for a Database Server Solution
- Designing a Physical Database
- Designing a Database Solution for High Availability
- Designing a Data Recovery Solution for a Database
- Designing a Strategy for Data Archiving
- Exam 70-443
- Optimizing the Performance of Database Servers and Databases
- Optimizing and Implementing a Data Recovery Plan for a Database
- Designing a Strategy to Monitor and Maintain a Database Solution
- Designing a Database Data Management Strategy
- Designing a Strategy to Manage and Maintain Database Security
- Exam 70-444
See Exam Track...
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist on SQL Server 2005 candidates are required to pass Exams 70-443, 70-444.
Skills Being Measured
- Designing a Database Server Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Exam 70-443)
- Optimising and Maintaining a Database Administration Solution by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 (Exam 70-444)
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Students are required to meet the following prerequisites:
- MCTS SQL05 (Microsoft Certified Technical Specialist: SQL Server 2005)
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Database Admin Course Dates
Microsoft - MCTS / MCITP Database Administrator 2005
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,363 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"I was very much surprised on the extremely high level of the instructors at Firebrand Training. I felt at all times sure that all of the requirements Id need to pass a final exam would be fulfilled thanks to them."
Mns Axell, Private Industry. (14/9/2009 to 19/9/2009)
"High quality, focussed training that more than met the requirements for the certifications."
David Jamieson. (2/2/2009 to 7/2/2009)
"The instructor has done it again. In my second week with our instructor I have scored 865 and 952. The Firebrand way has worked its magic again."
Dave Allonby, Carlson Wagonlit Travel. (2/2/2009 to 7/2/2009)
"Excellent training, trainer and food with Microsoft certification at the end of it. What more could you ask?"
NH. (24/11/2008 to 29/11/2008)
"It was by no means easy, but very worthwhile and gained a lot..."
Richard Ward. (24/11/2008 to 29/11/2008)
Latest Reviews from our students