Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer certification demonstrates that you can design analysis solutions, data transformations, and reports. Business intelligence developers design and implement multi-dimensional database models (logical and physical), data marts, data warehousing, data transforms, data analytics, and reporting solutions. This includes programming and customizing servers that use Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), customer transforms, and custom reporting solutions. Business intelligence developers are typically employed by mid- to large-sized organisations.
This 6 day course is suitable for IT professionals who design and plan business intelligence (BI) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2005 tools.
The new generation of Microsoft certifications
The MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer credential is part of the new generation of Microsoft certifications, which separates validation of technology and professional skills, providing a more relevant, flexible, and cost-effective way to validate core technical, professional, and architectural skills.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Business Intelligence 2005 certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be Business Intelligence 2005 trained in record time
- Our Business Intelligence 2005 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Business Intelligence 2005 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Business Intelligence 2005 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Business Intelligence 2005 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,346 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
What are the benefits of a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer certification
For HR managers, a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer certification is particularly important because it
allows them to more easily identify the skills that an
individual possesses. When a company has employees
that possess certain skills, it can garner a
competitive advantage when seeking to attract
customers. A Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer can also contribute to
individuals with a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer have an
advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill,
and command more professional credibility.
Individual students may receive college credits to
utilize tuition reimbursement programs for their
IT training or to complete college coursework.
Employer-funded training and certification
programs are a key to retaining skilled staff.
Career development and advancement opportunities
are shown to significantly reduce rates of
Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer certification Training Programs provide benchmarks
for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately
assessing technical skills.
training programs maximize educational investments
through immediate validation of skills.
Microsoft certification affords special membership benefits
- Technical information, product information and exclusive discounts on products and services through a secured section of
the Microsoft website.
- Microsoft logos
and certificate for your personal promotion to
clients or potential employers.
Invitations to Microsoft
conferences and other educational opportunities.
training providers rely heavily on lecture and
independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction
must be highly varied and interactive to keep
attention levels high, promote camaraderie and
teamwork between the students and instructor, and
solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need, including
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Overview of Business Intelligence
- Overview of Business Intelligence Architecture
- Planning a Business Intelligence Project
- Determining Business Intelligence Requirements
- Revising and Updating a Business Intelligence Project
- Overview of Business Intelligence Development
- Managing Business Intelligence Development
- Determining Data Management Process
- Determining Infrastructure Requirements
- Planning for Scalability and Availability
- Overview of Business Intelligence Operations
- Managing Maintenance and Operations Tasks
- Managing Data Archiving
- Managing Business Intelligence Operations for Business Continuity
- Identifying Data Sources and Destinations
- Evaluating Source Data
- Identifying Staging Requirements
- Planning Packages
- Planning Package Development
- Designing Package Control Flow
- Understanding Data Flow
- Designing Data Flow Operations
- Handling Data Changes
- Logging ETL Operations
- Handling Errors in SSIS
- Implementing Reliable ETL Processes with SSIS
- Monitoring SSIS Performance
- Optimizing SSIS Packages
- Scaling Out SSIS Packages
- Deploying SSIS Packages
- Operating an SSIS Solution
- Planning an Analysis Solution
- Identifying Requirements and Constraints
- Designing and Implementing a Relational Database Schema
- Designing and Implementing a Cube
- Designing and Implementing Perspectives
- Designing Physical Storage
- Partitioning Relational Data
- Partitioning Multidimensional Data
- Implementing Calculated Members
- Implementing Named Sets
- Implementing Scoped MDX Scripts
- Key Performance Indicators
- Considerations for Analysis Services Resource Requirements
- Stored Procedures
- Considerations for Analysis Services Scalability
- Deploying an Analysis Services Database
- Considerations for Analysis Services Availability
- Monitoring Analysis Services
- Managing Analysis Services Security
- Introduction to Data Mining
- Optimizing Performance
- Implementing a Data Mining Solution
- Using Data Mining in a BI Solution
- Evaluating Business Requirements for a Reporting Solution
- Designing for Reporting Services
- Developing Reports
- Developing Report Models
- Integrating with Custom Applications
- Controlling Reporting Services by Using Web Services
- Deploying a Reporting Services Solution
- Managing Report Distribution
- Designing an Authentication Strategy
- Designing an Authorization Strategy
- Designing a Secure Communication Strategy
- Designing a Report Execution Strategy
- Scaling Reporting Services
- Exam 70-446
See Exam Track...
This course prepares you to sit the following exam
Exam 70-446: PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure by Using Microsoft SQL Server 2005
Exam topics covered
The following list includes the topic areas covered on this exam. The percentage indicates the portion of the exam that addresses a particular skill.
- Planning BI Solutions (15 percent)
- Designing SSIS Solutions (21 percent)
- Designing SSRS Solutions (14 percent)
- Designing SSAS Solutions (22 percent)
- Deploying and Optimizing SSAS Solutions (15 percent)
- Designing Data Mining Solutions (13 percent)
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests*
- Certification Guarantee**
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Some exceptions apply
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
The pre-requisite for the MCITP BID is the MCTS Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Business Intelligence - Implementation and Maintenance. Exam 70-445.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Business Intelligence 2005 Course Dates
Microsoft - MCITP Business Intelligence Developer
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,346 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Firebrand are the best training provider that I've encountered. However, be prepared for long days, lack of sleep, and absorbing massive quantities of information."
Simon Christmas, Data Interchange. (4/7/2011 to 9/7/2011)
"A good course, even though our priorities were different and wanted to focus more on pratical work. Our needs were accommodated and supported in more Lab work than just passing an exam which helped give us a good understanding of BI. A very intense, exam-focused course which will give you the best possible chance to pass and get certified. The instructor knows his stuff and we couldn't have asked for a better tutor. Thanks again!"
Tim OKeeffe. (7/2/2011 to 12/2/2011)
"I got what I came for .... certification.... I got it because of the Firebrand immersion technique and a fantastic instructor ... although he says it was me that did the work ?!?"
A.P.. (8/11/2010 to 13/11/2010)
"The amount of knowledge attained and I manage to keep in my head afterwards is superior to all other courses I have attained from other vendors"
Christopher Gray. (6/9/2010 to 11/9/2010)
"Intensive but well worthwhile. I learned a great deal."
Stephen Rael, Advantage Business Systems. (6/9/2010 to 11/9/2010)
Latest Reviews from our students