Firebrand's two-day accelerated course provides comprehensive training and certification for anyone involved in software testing. It follows the syllabus specified by the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
Firebrand's accelerated course is designed to prepare you for and test you in the following accreditations:
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
On completion of Firebrand's course you will be able to:
- Manage, plan and prepare rigorous, formal, visible and repeatable tests that will fully exercise software, in the development of quality systems.
- Apply different testing approaches (black box, white box, static and dynamic) to all stages of software development.
- Prepare test plans, strategy, specifications, procedures and controls to provide a structured approach to testing.
- Identify what is involved in acceptance testing, system testing, integration testing and unit testing, what should be tested when and by whom.
- Document testing appropriately.
- Describe the different types of testing tools available and identify and implement the appropriate types of tools for their needs.
Firebrand's training for ISTQB's Foundation Software Testing certification:
- Allows you to achieve your certifications in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages.
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system.
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ISTQB Foundation certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be ISTQB Foundation trained in record time
- Our ISTQB Foundation course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass ISTQB Foundation first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn ISTQB Foundation faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying ISTQB Foundation with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
During our program the following topics will be presented:
ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing:
Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
- Testing Models
- Testing System Integration, Component and Acceptance
- Testing Maintenance
- Testing Non-functional system
- Testing Functional system
- Reviewing and the testing process
- Benefits and costs of reviews
- Types of review: Walkthroughs, inspections, technical review, informal review
- Static analysis
Test Design Techniques
- Testing Black and White box
- Testing black box techniques including equivalence partitioning, state transition and boundary value analysis
- Testing white box techniques including statements and decisions
- Experienced based techniques
- Choose test techniques
- Project testing plan
- Configuration management
- Estimation testing: Inclusion in project schedule
- Monitor and control
- Track progress and deviations from plan
- Incident management: Tracking, logging and analysis
- Risk and testing
- Types of testing tools
- Testing requirement; Static analysis
- Testing design
- Data preparation
- Test running
- Test harnesses, simulators and drivers
- Performance tests
- Dynamic analysing
- Management testing
- Coverage measurement
- Effective use, benefits and risk
- Introducing tools into an organization
See Exam Track...
After sitting Firebrand's accelerated course, you will be prepared for, and sit the following exam:
The ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (based on the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) syllabus) is taken at the end of the final day. It is a one hour multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
See What's Included...
- Firebrand's own Foundation Software Tester Courseware Kit
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Students should already have a basic working knowledge of IT and an understanding of the testing role in software development.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
ISTQB ISTQB Foundation Course Dates
ISTQB - Firebrand's Training for ISTQB's Foundation Software Tester Certification
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Good teaching. Encourages independence in learning. "
A.C.. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"The welcoming and accommodation was fantastic. Lecturers were really helpful."
Y.K.. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"I enjoyed my tine here and the staff are really welcoming and friendly."
Osman Salah. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"Great experience. Teaching was focused and straight to the point. Fantastic accommodation. "
Tola Henty. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"I enjoyed my time here and was taught what was needed to know very well."
E.W., Plexus Law. (20/5/2019 to 21/5/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students