Master a model for implementing an incident management process throughout your organisation - using the ISO/IEC 27035 standard - in just 3 days.
You’ll study practical exercises as you get the knowledge you need to manage information security incidents quickly. You’ll also learn:
- Incident management standards and best practices
- Effective security incident management using ISO/IEC 27035
- Change management and incident analysis processes
- How to establish an Information Security Incident Response Team
Get immersed in ISO/IEC 27035 in a distraction-free environment and learn faster with Firebrand’s Lecture | Lab | Review methodology.
You’ll sit the PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager exam as part of your accelerated course. This exam is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
If you’re responsible for information and security or conformity in your organisation, this 3-day course is ideal for you. This course is also beneficial for:
- Incident managers
- Business Process Owners
- Information Security Risk Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Members of Incident Response Team
- Persons responsible for information security or conformity within an organisation
This accelerated training is fully compatible with ISO/IEC 27035 which supports ISO 27001 by providing guidance for incident management.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You'll be certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,622 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Introduction, incident management framework according to ISO/IEC 27035
- Concepts and definitions related to information security and incident management
- Incident management standards, and best practices
- Choosing an incident management framework
- Understanding an organisation and its context
Planning the implementation of an Organisational Incident Management Process based on ISO/IEC 27035
- Incident management strategy and project management
- Planning the implementation of an effective incident management process
- Preliminary analysis and selection of an approach and methodology
- Design and document an incident detection, reporting and management process
- Defining roles and responsibilities in the context of the implementation and management of an Incident Management Process
Implementing an Incident Management Process
- Define the document and record management processes
- Incident Management policies & procedures
- Implementation of security processes and controls related to incident management
- Change management process
- Incident analysis processes
- Effective communication and the communication strategies
- Establish the Information Security Incident Response Team
Monitoring, measuring and improving an Incident Management Process
- Monitoring and evaluating the effectiveness of incident management process in operations
- Development of metrics, performance indicators and dashboards
- Management reviews
- Implementation of a continual improvement program
- Develop and propose the best corrective and preventive action plans
See Exam Track...
As part of your accelerated course, you'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
PECB Certified ISO/IEC 27035 Lead Incident Manager exam
- Format: Open book
- Duration: 3 hours
- Passing score: 70%
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts in Incident Management
- Domain 2: Incident Management Best Practice based on ISO 27035
- Domain 3: Designing and Developing an Organisational Incident Management Process based on ISO 27035
- Domain 4: Preparing for Incident Management and implementing an Incident Management Process
- Domain 5: Enacting the Incident Management Process and handling Security Incidents
- Domain 6: Performance Monitoring and Measuring
- Domain 7: Improving the Incident Management Process
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending this accelerated course, you should have:
- An understanding of ISO/IEC 27035
- Comprehensive knowledge of Information Security
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
ISO Course Dates
ISO - 27035 Lead Incident Manager - Incident Management
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,622 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Global approved ISO Standards are a great way to provide a baseline of understanding Incident management workings and the need to provide next level of security Incident Management"
Anonymous, Sandvik (28/10/2019 to 30/10/2019)
"Firebrand gave me the chance to deep dive into topic."
Anonymous (28/10/2019 to 30/10/2019)
"This is the fourth time I have used firebrand and the first time for online training.
Whilst the online training is good the in-person training still suites my learning style a bit better."
James Packer, Kirk iSS. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"its great that Firebrand have adapted to run all their courses online."
Darren Edmondson. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"Firebrand training is efficient and effective. "
Anonymous (20/4/2020 to 21/4/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students