On this 2-day accelerated ISO 27005 Risk Manager course, you'll gain an understanding of how to use the ISO/IEC 27005 standard as a valuable information security reference framework.
Your Firebrand expert instructors will take you through best practices of risk assessment such as OCTAVE, EBIOS, MEHARI and harmonised TRA.
- Understand the correlation between Information Security risk management and security controls
- Understand the concepts, approaches, methods and techniques that for effective risk management process according to ISO/IEC 27005
- Learn how to interpret the requirements of ISO/IEC 27001 in Information Security Risk Management
- Acquire the competence to effectively advise organisations in Information Security Risk Management best practices
Our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique will allow you to learn and retain information better with immersive 10 hour days at our distraction-free centre, which means you'll be able to return to work and apply your skills in no time.
On this course, you'll study for and sit the ISO 27005 Risk Manager exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You'll be certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,614 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Introduction to Information Security controls as recommended by ISO/IEC 27002
- Course objectives and structure
- Concepts and definitions of risk
- Standard and regulatory framework
- Implementing a risk management programme
- Understanding the organisation and its context
Implementation of a risk management process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Risk identification
- Risk analysis and risk evaluation
- Risk assessment with a quantitative method
- Risk treatment
- Risk acceptance and residual risk management
- Information Security Risk Communication and Consultation
- Risk monitoring and review
Overview of other Information Security risk assessment methods and Certification Exam
- OCTAVE Method
- MEHARI Method
- EBIOS Method
- Harmonised Threat and Risk Assessment (TRA) Method
- Applying for certification and closing the training
See Exam Track...
You'll take the ISO 27005 Risk Manager (ISO27005RM) exam during the course.
This 2-hour exam covers 4 main competency domains:
- Domain 1: Fundamental principles and concepts of Information Security Risk Management
- Domain 2: Implementation of an Information Security Risk Management program
- Domain 3: Information Security risk management framework and process based on ISO/IEC 27005
- Domain 4: Other Information Security risk assessment methods
See What's Included...
As part of this course, you'll receive:
- Over 350 pages of training material containing information and practical examples
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development)
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You should have an understanding of ISO/IEC 27005 and knowledge of Risk Assessment and Information Security.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
ISO Course Dates
ISO - 27005 Risk Manager - Information Security Risk Management
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,614 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Firebrand training is efficient and effective. "
Anonymous (20/4/2020 to 21/4/2020)
"This is the fourth time I have used firebrand and the first time for online training.
Whilst the online training is good the in-person training still suites my learning style a bit better."
James Packer, Kirk iSS. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"its great that Firebrand have adapted to run all their courses online."
Darren Edmondson. (22/4/2020 to 24/4/2020)
"Its intense but rewarding having the pass guarantee is great comfort."
Steve Brain. (15/1/2020 to 17/1/2020)
"I feel well trained to lead ISO 27001 implementations after attending the Firebrand Training."
Sofia Larsson, Secure State Cyber AB. (16/9/2019 to 18/9/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students