On this 2-day accelerated course, you'll validate your knowledge of global concepts of privacy and data protection law. You'll also dive into the specific knowledge of building and managing privacy requirements and controls in technology.
The Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) is the first global privacy certification for IT practitioners. You'll develop your knowledge of privacy related issues and practices as you cover:
- IT risks and the mistakes organisations make
- Privacy considerations for IT systems
- System controls for identity and access management (IAM)
- Privacy-enabling technologies (PETs)
- Online privacy threats
- Privacy considerations in evolving technologies
The CIPT credential demonstrates you have the knowledge to build your organisation's privacy structures from the ground up.
Firebrand are Official IAPP partners, so you'll get access to IAPP certified instructors and the latest courseware.
You'll also be prepared for and sit the IAPP Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT) exam. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
This course is the perfect starting point for IT practitioners looking to develop an understanding of privacy requirements in technology. Those involved in development, engineering, deployment or auditing of IT products and services are ideal candidates for this course.
Train fast with official IAPP CIPT training
You'll learn from certified IAPP instructors and study official courseware on your accelerated CIPT course. Firebrand is an official IAPP training partner.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online CIPT courses
- You'll be CIPT certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be CIPT trained in record time
- Our CIPT course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CIPT first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CIPT faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CIPT with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,367 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
You’ll be taught by the best. Firebrand’s experienced IAPP certified instructors will make use of their real-world experience to enrich your course and offer relevant, useful examples.
Plus, as Firebrand is an IAPP Official Partner, you’ll also get access to up-to-date courseware and reading material.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
MODULE 1: Fundamentals of Information Privacy
Unit 1: Common Principles and Approaches to Privacy
- Brief discussion of the modern history of privacy
- An introduction to types of information
- An overview of information risk management
- A summary of modern privacy principles
Unit 2: Jurisdiction and Industries
- Introduction to the major privacy models employed around the globe
- An overview of privacy and data protection regulation by jurisdictions and industry sectors
Unit 3: Information Security: Safeguarding Personal Information
- Introductions to information security, including definitions, elements, standards and threats/vulnerabilities
- Introductions to information security management and governance, including frameworks, controls, cryptography and identity and access management (IAM)
Unit 4: Online Privacy: Using Personal Information on Websites and with Other Internet-related Technologies
- Examine the web as a platform, as well as privacy considerations for sensitive online information, including policies and notices, access, security, authentication and data collection
- Additional topics include children's online privacy, email, searches, online marketing and advertising, social media, online assurance, cloud computing and mobile devices
MODULE 2: Privacy in Technology
Unit 1: Understanding the Need for Privacy in the IT Environment
- Learn the impact that regulatory activities, security threats, advances in technology
- The increasing proliferation of social networks have on IT departments
Unit 2: Core Privacy Concepts
- How privacy compliance becomes more attainable through developing information lifecycle plans, data identification and classification systems and data flow diagrams.
Unit 3: Regulations and Standards Impacting Privacy in IT
- Introduction to privacy laws, regulations and standards that can help IT professionals design better privacy programmes and systems to handle personal information throughout the data lifecycle
Unit 4: Privacy in Systems and Applications
- Develop an understanding of the risks inherent in the IT environment and how to address them
Unit 5: Online Privacy Issues
- Present information about online threats and threat prevention
- The role of IT professionals in ensuring proper handling of user data
Unit 6: De-identifying and Anonymising Personally Identifiable Information
- The importance of personally identifiable information and methods for ensuring its protection
Unit 7: Cloud Computing
- Evaluate the privacy and security concerns associated with cloud services, and standards that exist to advise on their use
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- IAPP Certified Information Privacy Technologist (CIPT)
Additional exam information:
See What's Included...
Throughout this accelerated course, you'll have access to the following:
- Official IAPP course textbooks
- Official IAPP practice exam and certification exam
- One year of IAPP membership for first-time trainees on an IAPP course with Firebrand
- IAPP Certified Instructors
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
This course is ideal for those with existing experience in IT roles in security, software engineering, data management and auditing.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
IAPP CIPT Course Dates
IAPP - CIPT - Certified Information Privacy Technologist
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,367 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Extremely pro-active and engaging. A must-have for privacy professionals that have learnt the basics."
Anonymous. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"The course was very intense but was well delivered. It will help back at work place on a practical level as well as providing a sought after qualification."
Maureen Wilkinson. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"Very intense training. A lot of content in a limited time. Hopefully it will pay off!"
Roxane Tamas. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"The course was very well delivered and the process to enroll for exams pretty slick. Rooms for training and faculties are all clean and comfortable."
Louise Fox. (27/1/2020 to 28/1/2020)
"From the moment the briefing began on the first evening, it was clear that Firebrand was not going to mess around."
Peter Ho. (16/9/2019 to 17/9/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students