Secure your IT systems on the GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) course. This five-day course teaches you how to combine IT, cyber security and engineering best practices to secure your Industrial Control Systems (ICS).
You'll learn about:
- Standards and regulations for Industrial Control Systems
- Understanding system architecture, and how to apply hardening mechanisms
- Understanding the threats to the security of process control systems
- Technologies used to carry out security audits
You'll also take part in a series of practical exercises to consolidate your knowledge of using both wired and wireless networks. By the end of this course you'll know how to harden an ICS using end-point protection, securing removable media, or updating systems.
Firebrand's course will prepare you for the GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP) exam and provides knowledge equivalent to the SANS ICS410: ICS/SCADA Security Essentials.
Please note: Firebrand does not offer the GICSP exam, and the exam fee is not included in the course price.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Six reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, accommodation and meals
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,350 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
- Examination vouchers not included for GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review
- On site testing not included for GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Each section of the course has been mapped to the relevant industry standards and frameworks: NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF), ISA/IEC 62443, ISO 2700x, COBIT 5, NIST Specialist Publications (SP), CIS (Centre for Internet Security), Critical Security Controls (CSC).
- Knowledge of critical infrastructure
Governance & Risk Management
- Global security standards
- Practices and regulations
- Security lifecycle
- Security policies
- Types of threat
- Attacks and incidents
- Tenets of security
- Security awareness
- Physical Security
- Communication mediums
- Device architecture
- Process control systems
- Industrial protocols
- Network protocols
- Network segmentation
- Wireless security
- Updating systems
- Application security
- Embedded devices
- End-point protection
- Hardening network security
- Operating system security
- Securing removable media
- Access control models
- Directory services
- User access management
- Baselines and auditing
- Patch distribution & installation
- Software and firmware management
- Recognition and response
- Incident recovery
- Defense in depth
- High availability
- Site redundancy
- System backups and restores
- Security assessments
- Device testing
- Monitoring and logging
- Penetration testing and exploitation
See Exam Track...
Firebrand do not offer the GICSP exam and the exam fee is not included in the course price. If you wish to take the exam, we’ll provide instructions on how to register with GIAC.
- GIAC Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
- Number of questions: 115
- Duration: 3 hours
- Format: Open-book exam; Firebrand provides 900+ page manual
- Passing score: 71%
Please note: You'll be able to earn a maximum of 35 CPE hours if you attend Firebrand's GICSP course. You'll also have to renew your GICSP certification every four years through CPE credits.
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
In order to be successful on this course, you'll need a good understanding of basic computer networking and security principles. You'll also need to be familiar with networking protocols, and ideally have a CompTIA Network+ certification.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
GIAC Course Dates
GIAC - Global Industrial Cyber Security Professional (GICSP)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,350 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Excellent delivery and great facility."
David Chisholm, Rolls Royce. (21/10/2019 to 25/10/2019)
"Very informative. Lecturer was very knowledgeable on a wide variety of subjects. A pleasure being bombarded with so much information."
Japie Van Der Merwe, SBM. (8/7/2019 to 12/7/2019)
"It was a very useful experience and I feel more confident in my ability to pass the exam."
Anonymous. (8/7/2019 to 12/7/2019)
"Instructor was very good."
ADAM CHRISTIE, SBM. (22/10/2018 to 26/10/2018)
"The training instructor was excellent and had so much past experience and knowledge. He shared many important stories that we can take away and use in our day jobs. "
G.C.. (22/10/2018 to 26/10/2018)
Latest Reviews from our students