On this Firebrand course, you'll get the knowledge and skills you need to participate in your businesses big data and analytics projects.
In just five days, you'll get practical foundation-level training, including an introduction to big data analytics technology and tools. Firebrand's unique Lab | Lecture | Review approach means you'll get hands on experience of how these methods are applied to real world business challenges by a practicing data scientist.
The course takes an "Open", technology-neutral approach. This includes a final lab which addresses a big data analytics challenge by applying the concepts taught in the course in the context of the Data Analytics Lifecycle.
Firebrand's training for EMC's Data Science Associate certification will teach you how to use advanced analytic methods and big data analytics tools like MapReduce and Hadoop. After completing this course, you'll have the skills to:
- Become an immediate contributor on a data science team
- Assist re-framing a business challenge as an analytics challenge
- Deploy a structured lifecycle approach to data analytics problems
- Apply appropriate analytic techniques and tools to analyse big data
- Tell a compelling story with the data to drive business action
- Use open source tools such as R, Hadoop, and Postgres
- Prepare for EMC Proven™ Professional Data Scientist certification
You will also have knowledge of the following areas:
- Deploying the Data Analytics Lifecycle to address big data analytics projects
- Reframing a business challenge as an analytics challenge
- Applying appropriate analytic techniques and tools to analyse big data, create statistical models, and identify insights that can lead to actionable results
- Selecting appropriate data visualisations to clearly communicate analytic insights to business sponsors and analytic audiences
- Use tools such as: R and RStudio, MapReduce/Hadoop, in-database analytics, Window and MADlib functions
This course is ideal for anyone who wants to build an understanding of Data Science, including managers of business intelligence teams, data and database professionals and current business/data analysts.
Firebrand's course will prepare you for for the Proven™ Professional Data Scientist Associate (EMCDSA) Certification Exam - which you'll take during the course. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Data Science Associate certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be Data Science Associate trained in record time
- Our Data Science Associate course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Data Science Associate first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Data Science Associate faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Data Science Associate with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,348 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Introduction and the Course Agenda
- Introduction to Big Data Analytics
- Big Data Overview
- State of the Practice in Analytics
- The Data Scientist
- Big Data Analytics in industry verticals
- The Data Analytics Lifecycle
- Data Preparation
- Model Planning
- Model Building
- Communicating results
- Review of Basic Data Analytic methods Using R
- Introduction to R
- Analysing and Exploring the Data
- Statistics for Model Building and Evaluation
- Advanced Analytics - Theory and Methods
- K-Means Clustering
- Association Rules
- Linear Regression
- Logistic Regression
- Naïve Bayesian Classifier
- Decision Trees
- Time Series Analysis
- Text Analysis
- Advanced Analytics - Technologies and Tools
- Analytics for Unstructured Data: MapReduce and Hadoop
- The Hadoop Ecosystem
- In-database Analytics - SQL Essentials
- Advanced SQL and MADlib for In-database Analytics
- The Endgame, or Putting it All Together
- Operationalizing an Analytics Project
- Creating the Final Deliverables
- Data Visualization Techniques
- Final Lab Exercise on Big Data Analytics
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- DEA-7TT2 Associate - Data Science and Big Data Analytics v2 Exam
- Duration: 90 minutes
- 60 questions
- Passing score: 60%
This exam is a qualifying exam for the Data Science Associate (EMCDSA) certification.
See What's Included...
- Student Material Folder
- Data Science and Big Data Analytics: Discovering, Analyzing, Visualizing and Presenting Data, EMC Education Services, ISBN: 978-1118876138
Please note: Firebrand's EMCDSA course does not follow an accelerated schedule. Training days are from 9 to 6. However, delegates have access to our labs for self study after the teaching hours. Our instructor will be there to assist with any questions and reviews.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests*
- Certification Guarantee**
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Some exceptions apply
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You should possess:
- A strong quantitative background with a solid understanding of statistics
- Experience with a scripting language, like Java, Perl, Python or R
- Experience with SQL
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
EMC Data Science Associate Course Dates
EMC - Firebrand's training for EMC's Data Science Associate (EMCDSA)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,348 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Firebrand are a fantastic organisation dedicated to ensuring each and every student goes away with the knowledge and credentials to progress their career. From the Mentors, to the Tutors, to the team at the training centers, Everyone really cares about making sure you have the best possible experience and learn everything you could possibly need to progress in your field. "
Jay Cooper, Bourne Leisure. (11/11/2019 to 15/11/2019)
"Good pace, detailed explanation of course content, clear delivery."
Anonymous. (17/12/2018 to 20/12/2018)
"A good, very fast paced course. It gave me a good idea of what a MSc in data science/statistics would entail."
N.L.. (17/12/2018 to 20/12/2018)
"As always, great experience. Lots of material covered. It will be key to put it into practice in the upcoming months."
Jason Verhaeghe, CPU BVBA. (17/12/2018 to 20/12/2018)
"As usual great experience. Lots of material covered. It is now key to put into practice thank you!"
Jason Verhaeghe, CPU Bupa. (17/12/2018 to 20/12/2018)
Latest Reviews from our students