On this accelerated 4 day Certified Network Defender course you will develop your understanding of network security technologies and operations.
We live in a digital age where cyber crime poses an ever increasing threat to individuals and businesses alike. In order to prevent costly and destructive breaches, you and your organisation must be appropriately skilled and aware of the potential threats. The CND course will teach you the critical skills necessary to protect detect and respond to cyber attacks.
Your EC-Council certified instructor will employ Firebrand’s unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, making use of theoretical content as well as hands-on tasks on major network security tools and techniques. Made up of 50% practical work this course will provide network administrators with real-world expertise on current network security technologies and operations such as:
- Network security controls, protocols and devices
- Security policies for your organisation
- Choosing appropriate firewall solution, topology and configurations
- Risk and vulnerability assessment
- First response to a network security incident
On this course you’ll be prepared to sit the Certified Network Defender (CND) 312-38 exam. You’ll sit this on-site, during the course, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
This course, which is 20% faster than traditional training, is ideal if you're a Network Administrator, Network Security Administrator, Network Security Engineer or you're involved in network operations.
9x Accredited Training Centre of the Year
Firebrand Training has again won the EC-Council Accredited Training Centre of the Year Award, from a Training Partner network that has more than 700 training centres across 107 countries. This extends a record-breaking run of successive awards to nine years.
Jay Bavisi, President of EC-Council said: “The annual EC-Council Awards highlights the commitment and achievements of our global partners and trainers that have contributed to the information security community.”
EC-Council's CND certification is accredited by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI). Organisations with ANSI accreditation are required to undergo stringent quality reviews and assessments. EC-Council is one of just a handful of certification bodies to achieve ANSI accreditation.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You'll be certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,622 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
- Get certified 20% faster: Get trained in just 4 days compared with 5 days on other traditional courses. This means you’ll be back at work sooner, applying your new found skills.
- EC-Council Official Curriculum: You will have access to official EC-Council curriculum, which means the content will be the most current and up-to-date.
- EC-Council Certified Instructors: Our EC-Council instructors have years of industry-relevant knowledge, which can be used to provide valuable context to the course material.
- Lecture | Lab | Review: This Firebrand technique employs a mixture of theoretical and practical work designed to help you retain information and develop the skills to apply your knowledge to real-world scenarios.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Module 01: Computer Network Defense Fundamentals
- Module 02: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
- Module 03: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices
- Module 04: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Module 05: Physical Security
- Module 06: Host Security
- Module 07: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Module 08: Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Module 09: Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Module 10: Wireless Network Defense
- Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery
- Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management
See Exam Track...
You will sit the Certified Network Defender (CND) 312-38 exam on-site as part of the course. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
- Exam Title: CND
- Exam code: 312-38
- Number of questions: 100
- Duration: 4 Hours
- Availability: ECC Exam
- Test Format: Interactive Multiple Choice Questions
See What's Included...
On this accelerated, all-inclusive course you'll get:
- EC-Council CND Certified Instructor
- Access to the official EC-Council Official Curriculum
- Instructor-led CND exam preparation
- EC-Council CND exam, which you'll take on the final day of the course
When you achieve your CND certification, you will be awarded a digital badge. This can be downloaded from EC-Council’s Aspen Portal.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are currently no prerequisites for this course but having a basic understanding of Network Security will help.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
EC-Council Course Dates
EC-Council - Certified Network Defender (CND)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,622 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Picking up a course is one thing & having to not think of logistics during your stay lets you focus on training and helps you focus on your career."
Anjaneya Akula. (16/3/2020 to 19/3/2020)
"An intense but comprehensive and well structured learning environment."
SM. (16/3/2020 to 19/3/2020)
"Very well organised and great environment for learning."
Kevin Callahan. (26/11/2019 to 29/11/2019)
"Great Course, Great Tutor - Second time at firebrand, and the general organisation and implementation of the courses is very well put together - takes all stresses out of the course.
M.G.. (20/5/2019 to 23/5/2019)
"Excellent learning facility, great teacher and delivery of training."
J.M.. (20/5/2019 to 23/5/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students