On this accelerated 6-day CompTIA Network Vulnerability Assessment Professional (CNVP) course, you'll get the knowledge and skills required to identify, exploit, report, and manage vulnerabilities on a network and how to troubleshoot security incidents within an organisation.
Combining theory and practice from official CompTIA Security+ and PenTest+ curricula, your expert instructor will guide you through how to provide infrastructure and operational security through risk analysis and mitigation. You'll learn about the following CompTIA Security+ topics:
- Network Security
- Compliance and Operational Security
- Threats and Vulnerabilities
- Application, Data and Host Security
- Access Control and Identity Management
You'll build on the security knowledge gained from Security+ and learn up-to-date penetration testing skills to determine how resilient a network is to attacks.
On accelerated PenTest+ course, you'll also learn how to:
- customise assessment frameworks
- report penetration test findings
- communicate recommended strategies
Immersing you in the course through our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, you'll get a minimum of 12 hours quality training per day.
Train at twice the speed on this official CompTIA course
Firebrand is an Authorised CompTIA Platinum Partner. This means you'll get access to experienced instructors and up-to-date course material, officially approved by CompTIA.
During the course, you'll prepare for and sit the following CompTIA Security+ and PenTest+exams, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
- Exam SY0-501
- Exam PT0-001
Upon successful completion of all exams, you will achieve the Security+ and PenTest+ credentials as well as the aligned CNVP Stackable Certification - proving your skills as a Security Analytics Professional.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CNVP certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be CNVP trained in record time
- Our CNVP course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CNVP first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CNVP faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CNVP with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,655 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a Certification Guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
1.0 Threats, Attacks and Vulnerabilities
- 1.1 Given a scenario, analyse indicators of compromise
and determine the type of malware.
- 1.2 Compare and contrast types of attacks.
- 1.3 Explain threat actor types and attributes.
- 1.4 Explain penetration testing concepts.
- 1.5 Explain vulnerability scanning concepts.
- 1.6 Explain the impact associated with types of vulnerabilities.
2.0 Technologies and Tools
- 2.1 Install and configure network components, both hardwareand
software-based, to support organisational security.
- 2.2 Given a scenario, use appropriate software tools
to assess the security posture of an organisation.
- 2.3 Given a scenario, troubleshoot common security issues.
- 2.4 Given a scenario, analyse and interpret output from security technologies.
- 2.5 Given a scenario, deploy mobile devices securely.
- 2.6 Given a scenario, implement secure protocols.
3.0 Architecture and Design
- 3.1 Explain use cases and purpose for frameworks, best
practices and secure configuration guides.
- 3.2 Given a scenario, implement secure network architecture concepts.
- 3.3 Given a scenario, implement secure systems design.
- 3.4 Explain the importance of secure staging deployment concepts.
- 3.5 Explain the security implications of embedded systems.
- 3.6 Summarise secure application development and deployment concepts.
- 3.7 Summarise cloud and virtualisation concepts.
- 3.8 Explain how resiliency and automation strategies reduce risk.
- 3.9 Explain the importance of physical security controls.
4.0 Identity and Access Management
- 4.1 Compare and contrast identity and access management concepts.
- 4.2 Given a scenario, install and configure identity and access services.
- 4.3 Given a scenario, implement identity and access management controls.
- 4.4 Given a scenario, differentiate common account management practices.
5.0 Risk Management
- 5.1 Explain the importance of policies, plans and
procedures related to organisational security.
- 5.2 Summarise business impact analysis concepts.
- 5.3 Explain risk management processes and concepts.
- 5.4 Given a scenario, follow incident response procedures.
- 5.5 Summarise basic concepts of forensics.
- 5.6 Explain disaster recovery and continuity of operation concepts.
- 5.7 Compare and contrast various types of controls.
- 5.8 Given a scenario, carry out data security and privacy practices.
6.0 Cryptography and PKI
- 6.1 Compare and contrast basic concepts of cryptography.
- 6.2 Explain cryptography algorithms and their basic characteristics.
- 6.3 Given a scenario, install and configure wireless security settings.
- 6.4 Given a scenario, implement public key infrastructure.
1. Planning and Scoping
- Explain the importance of planning for an engagement
- Explain key legal concepts.
- Explain the importance of scoping an engagement properly.
- Explain the key aspects of compliance-based assessments.
2. Information Gathering and Vulnerability Identification
- Given a scenario, conduct information gathering using appropriate techniques
- Given a scenario, perform a vulnerability scan.
- Given a scenario, analyse vulnerability scan results
- Explain the process of leveraging information to prepare for exploitation.
- Explain weaknesses related to specialised systems
3. Attacks and Exploits
- Compare and contrast social engineering attacks
- Given a scenario, exploit network-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit wireless and RF-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit application-based vulnerabilities
- Given a scenario, exploit local host vulnerabilities
- Summarise physical security attacks related to facilities
- Given a scenario, perform post-exploitation techniques
4. Penetration Testing Tools
- Given a scenario, use Nmap to conduct information gathering exercises
- Compare and contrast various use cases of tools
- Given a scenario, analyse tool output or data related to a penetration test
- Given a scenario, analyse a basic script (limited to Bash, Python, Ruby, and PowerShell)
5. Reporting and Communication
- Given a scenario, use report writing and handling best practices
- Explain post-report delivery activities
- Given a scenario, recommend mitigation strategies for discovered vulnerabilities
- Explain the importance of communication during the penetration testing process
See Exam Track...
You‚ll sit the following exams at the Firebrand Training Centre during the course, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- CompTIA Security+ Exam SY0-501
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Passing score: 750, graded on a scale of 100 - 900
- Exam format: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Languages: English, Japanese, Portuguese and Simplified Chinese
- CompTIA PenTest+ Exam PT1-001
- Number of questions: Maximum of 110 questions
- Type of questions: Multiple choice and performance based
- Exam duration: 165 Minutes
- Languages: English
See What's Included...
In addition to official course material and exams at the Firebrand Training Centre during your course, you'll receive:
- Professor Messer - CompTIA SY0-501 Security+ Course Notes
- Firebrand Value Add material
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on 080 80 800 888.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Before attending the course, it is recommended that you have:
- previously attended the CompTIA A+ and/or CompTIA Network+ course
- two years of experience in IT administration with a security focus
- an understanding of operating systems and knowledge of Windows-based systems such as Windows 7 or Windows 8.1
- the ability to identify basic network components and their roles, including routers, switches, firewalls and server roles. Some firewall configuration experience would be beneficial
- a basic understanding of Wireless networks
- a basic understanding of the OSI Model and TCP/IP including IPv4 subnetting
Although not compulsory, this level of knowledge and expertise will place you in a strong position to be successful on the course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on 080 80 800 888 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
CompTIA CNVP Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,655 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Facilities, materials, trainers and support all great!"
David Poultney, CIS Ltd. (18/12/2019 to 20/12/2019)
"The training was good and informative. The accommodation was also good."
Brad Taylor, TribePad. (16/12/2019 to 18/12/2019)
"Very fast and complete training to pass the certification exam."
E.R., Daisy Group. (16/12/2019 to 18/12/2019)
"My experience here at Firebrand was great. You get to meet new people who have the same interest as you. You get to learn new things which will be hugely important in your future career."
Elliot Carpenter, Bobs Business. (16/12/2019 to 18/12/2019)
"The instructor was perfect! Full of energy and explained everything to a T. The accommodation was perfect along with the food. "
cameron goff. (16/12/2019 to 18/12/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students