On this accelerated Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Core certification, you'll prepare for the Cisco CCNP Security and CCIE Security certifications. These certifications qualify your expert-level role in security technologies.
In just 4 days, you'll learn how to implement and operate core security technologies including network security, cloud security and content security. You’ll also learn how to:
- Compare common security vulnerabilities like software bugs, SQL injection, missing encryption, buffer overflow, path traversal, cross-site scripting/forgery
- Compare the components, capabilities, and benefits of local and cloud-based email and web solutions (ESA, CES, WSA)
- Describe identity management and secure network access concepts such as guest services, profiling, posture assessment and BYOD
At the end of your course, you'll sit exam 350-701 SCOR: Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies v1.0 and achieve the Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Core certification. You'll get access to official courseware and learn from certified instructors, as Firebrand is a Cisco Learning Partner.
Start your Cisco journey in a distraction-free environment and learn at twice the speed through Firebrand’s Lecture | Lab | Review methodology.
This course is ideal for:
- Security engineers
- Network engineers
- Network designers
- Network administrators
- Systems engineers
- Consulting systems engineers
- Technical solutions architect
- Cisco integrators/partners
- Network managers
Next step: CCNP Security or CCIE Security certifications
Once you have achieved your Cisco Certified Specialist - Security Core certification, pass any of the following Cisco concentration exams to get your CCNP Security certification:
Or, if you're aiming for the CCIIE Security certification, you'll need to complete the CCIE Security v6.0 Lab exam, where you'll design, deploy, operate and optimise complex security solutions and technologies.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You'll be certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,595 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
You may be entitled to free training via Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs). If you’ve bought Cisco hardware or software - check the invoice to see if you have credits waiting to be used! If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Module 1: Describing Information Security Concepts*
- Module 2: Describing Common TCP/IP Attacks*
- Module 3: Describing Common Network Application Attacks*
- Module 4: Describing Common Endpoint Attacks*
- Module 5: Describing Network Security Technologies
- Module 6: Deploying Cisco ASA Firewall
- Module 7: Deploying Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall
- Module 8: Deploying Email Content Security
- Module 9: Deploying Web Content Security
- Module 10: Deploying Cisco Umbrella*
- Module 11: Explaining VPN Technologies and Cryptography
- Module 12: Introducing Cisco Secure Site-to-Site VPN Solutions
- Module 13: Deploying Cisco IOS VTI-Based Point-to-Point
- Module 14: Deploying Point-to-Point IPsec VPNs on the Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower NGFW
- Module 15: Introducing Cisco Secure Remote Access VPN Solutions
- Module 16: Deploying Remote Access SSL VPNs on the Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower NGFW
- Module 17: Explaining Cisco Secure Network Access Solutions
- Module 18: Describing 802.1X Authentication
- Module 19: Configuring 802.1X Authentication
- Module 20: Describing Endpoint Security Technologies*
- Module 21: Deploying Cisco AMP for Endpoints*
- Module 22: Introducing Network Infrastructure Protection*
- Module 23: Deploying Control Plane Security Controls*
- Module 24: Deploying Layer 2 Data Plane Security Controls*
- Module 25: Deploying Layer 3 Data Plane Security Controls*
- Module 1: Configure Network Settings And NAT On Cisco ASA
- Module 2: Configure Cisco ASA Access Control Policies
- Module 3: Configure Cisco Firepower NGFW NAT
- Module 4: Configure Cisco Firepower NGFW Access Control Policy
- Module 5: Configure Cisco Firepower NGFW Discovery and IPS Policy
- Module 6: Configure Cisco NGFW Malware and File Policy
- Module 7: Configure Listener, HAT, and RAT on Cisco ESA
- Module 8: Configure Mail Policies
- Module 9: Configure Proxy Services, Authentication, and HTTPS Decryption
- Module 10: Enforce Acceptable Use Control and Malware Protection
- Module 11: Examine the Umbrella Dashboard
- Module 12: Examine Cisco Umbrella Investigate
- Module 13: Explore DNS Ransomware Protection by Cisco Umbrella
- Module 14: Configure Static VTI Point-to-Point IPsec IKEv2 Tunnel
- Module 15: Configure Point-to-Point VPN between the Cisco ASA and Cisco Firepower NGFW
- Module 16: Configure Remote Access VPN on the Cisco Firepower NGFW
- Module 17: Explore Cisco AMP for Endpoints
- Module 18: Perform Endpoint Analysis Using AMP for Endpoints Console
- Module 19: Explore File Ransomware Protection by Cisco AMP for Endpoints Console
- Module 20: Explore Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise v6.9.3
- Module 21: Explore CTA in Stealthwatch Enterprise v7.0
- Module 22: Explore the Cisco Cloudlock Dashboard and User Security
- Module 23: Explore Cisco Cloudlock Application and Data Security
- Module 24: Explore Cisco Stealthwatch Cloud
- Module 25: Explore Stealthwatch Cloud Alert Settings, Watchlists, and Sensors
See Exam Track...
As part of your accelerated course, you’ll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Implementing and Operating Cisco Security Core Technologies
- Exam code: 350-701 SCOR
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Languages: English and Japanese
- Security concepts
- Network security
- Securing the cloud
- Content security
- Endpoint protection and detection
- Secure network access, visibility and enforcement
These domains are general guidelines for the content likely to be included in the exam. As Cisco continues to develop this certification, other related topics may also appear.
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending this accelerated course, you should have knowledge in:
- Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Windows operating system
- Cisco IOS networking and concepts
- Networking security concepts
Alternatively, the CCNA certification fulfils the prerequisites.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Cisco Course Dates
Cisco - Certified Specialist - Security Core
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,595 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The trainer was good instructor. Amazing support staff and great food."
Jason ONeill. (16/3/2020 to 21/3/2020)
"Excellent overall, very happy with the experience."
Afsar Siddiq, NHS. (9/3/2020 to 14/3/2020)
"It was brilliant."
Omer Khitab, NHS. (9/3/2020 to 14/3/2020)
"Training and resources provided are great, and the tutors are always available to help."
Euan Turner. (7/2/2020 to 9/2/2020)
"A work colleague recommended Firebrand training to me. I wasn’t too keen as the price was steep for my budget. I invested and have no regrets. Everything works like a clockwork at Firebrand. I traveled by train to the local station, was collected by Firebrand taxi without any delay. Was taken to the on-campus hotel, a short moment later was my induction, after which the actual training commenced. The lectures start early in the morning and end late evening. Labs are open and available 24/7. Food & accommodation – great. Quality of tutoring – unparalleled. Concise, yet in depth. All I needed to learn and pass. Thank you."
J.L.. (2/12/2019 to 8/12/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students