Learn how to plan and implement end-to-end network security measures on the CCNP Security course. You'll also be able to reduce the risk to your IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and the router security appliance feature.
This certification proves your skills in the design, deployment, maintenance and management of enterprise wide network security. You'll prepare for and sit four exams at the Firebrand Training Centre. In order to pass, you'll learn about:
- Configuring and implementing security on Cisco network perimeter edge devices such as a Cisco switch, Cisco router, and Cisco ASA firewall.
- Various Virtual Private Network (VPN) systems that Cisco has available on the Cisco ASA firewall and Cisco IOS software platforms.
- The components and architecture of secure access, by utilising 802.1X and Cisco TrustSec.
- Advanced firewall architecture and configuration with the Cisco next-generation firewall, utilising access and identity policies.
CCNP Security is an evolution of the CCSP (Cisco Certified Security Professional) certification and is aligned specifically to the job role of the Cisco Network Security Engineer.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 14 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,002 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
You may be entitled to free training via Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs). If you’ve bought Cisco hardware or software - check the invoice to see if you have credits waiting to be used! If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
The CCNP Security program is designed to provide the skills necessary to function as a network security engineer responsible for Security in Routers, Switches, Networking devices and appliances. Students will learn through a mix of lecture and practical exercises how to choose, deploy, support, and troubleshoot Firewalls, VPNs and IDS/IDP solutions for their networking environments. The course will comprise all the modules needed for the complete CCNP Security certification.
Your CCNP Security certification will prove that you can:
- Secure the network infrastructure using Cisco security products and integrated technologies
- Deploy perimeter security, VPNs, and intrusion protection technologies and solutions
- Monitor and detect relevant security events
- Manage network security to protect productivity gains and reduce costs
Cisco certifications also afford you special membership benefits:
- A certificate of accomplishment.
- A wallet card, logo and designation for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Access to the secure Cisco on-line tracking system so you can download logos, and track your Cisco certification progress throughout your career.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions - SENSS:
- Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters.
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions - SIMOS:
- Describe the various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security.
- Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP).
Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions - SISAS:
- Understand Cisco Identity Services Engine architecture and access control capabilities.
- Understand 802.1X architecture, implementation and operation.
- Understand commonly implemented Extensible Authentication Protocols (EAP).
- Implement Public-Key Infrastructure with ISE.
- Understand the implement Internal and External authentication databases.
- Implement MAC Authentication Bypass.
- Implement identity based authorization policies.
- Understand Cisco TrustSec features.
- Implement Web Authentication and Guest Access.
- Implement ISE Posture service.
- Implement ISE Profiling.
- Understand Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with ISE.
- Troubleshoot ISE.
Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions - SITCS:
- Understand Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Deploy Cisco Web Security appliance to mitigate malware
- Configure Web Security appliance for acceptable use controls
- Configure Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors
- Describe Cisco Email Security Solution
- Configure Cisco Email Appliance Incoming and Outgoing Policies
- Describe IPS Threat Controls
- Configure and Implement Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your certification guarantee:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions - 300-206 SENSS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions - 300-209 SIMOS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions - 300-208 SISAS
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions - 300-210 SITCS
See What's Included...
Official Cisco courseware Included:
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS)
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
To attend this course, you must have
- Either a valid Cisco CCNA Security certification or any CCIE certification.
- Prior knowledge of GETVPN and EASYVPN
It's important that you also have extensive knowledge of the Cisco security product range before attending the CCNP Security course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Cisco Course Dates
Cisco - CCNP Security
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,002 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"I have attended many courses with Firebrand and always enjoy the quality of teaching!"
Anonymous (26/6/2017 to 9/7/2017)
"I have been on 2 courses at Firebrand, once in Sweden and once in England.
My overall impression is that the instructors hired are professional and good at teaching.
The accommodation is good and gives you the chance to isolate yourself to study."
G.N. (29/9/2014 to 12/10/2014)
"This is my third time training with Firebrand, Definitely coming back.
Great course, Great instructors"
Roy Kleiv, Nc-Spectrum AS. (20/1/2014 to 2/2/2014)
"Worth while if your main objective is to achieve the certification, but the training is very intensive."
Tom Gurney. (26/11/2012 to 6/12/2012)
"A well delivered training, recommended for anyone who can hack their pace."
Tom Gurney. (26/9/2011 to 6/10/2011)
Latest Reviews from our students