This certification will retire on 23rd February 2020. Get the CCNA Security & CCNP Security certification before it retires and you'll also receive the new CCNA. Find out more.
Get both your CCNA Security and CCNP Security certifications in 17 days. On this course you'll learn how to reduce the risk to your IT infrastructures and applications using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and the router security appliance feature.
Develop your own security policies and protect your IT infrastructure with the CCNA Security certification. As prerequisite for the CCNP Security cert, this course will teach you how to:
- Develop security infrastructures
- Recognise threats and vulnerabilities to networks
- Mitigate and respond to security threats
During the CCNP Security part of the course you'll learn how to plan and implement end-to-end network security measures using Cisco Switches, Cisco ASA, and the router security appliance feature.
You'll also learn about:
- How to configure and implement security on Cisco network perimeter edge devices such as a Cisco switch, Cisco router, and Cisco ASA firewall.
- Various Virtual Private Network (VPN) systems that Cisco has available on the Cisco ASA firewall and Cisco IOS software platforms.
- The different components and architecture of secure access, by utilising 802.1X and Cisco TrustSec.
- Advanced firewall architecture and configuration with the Cisco next-generation firewall, using access and identity policies.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Cisco Security certified in just 17 days. With us, you’ll be Cisco Security trained in record time
- Our Cisco Security course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Cisco Security first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Cisco Security faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Cisco Security with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,706 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
You may be entitled to free training via Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs). If you’ve bought Cisco hardware or software - check the invoice to see if you have credits waiting to be used! If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
Exam 640-554 IINS is a prerequisite for the CCNP Security certification. You will study for, and take, the exam at the beginning of the course.
The CCNP Security program is designed to provide the skills necessary to function as a network security engineer responsible for Routers, Switches and other Cisco Security appliances. Students will learn through a mix of lecture and practical exercises how to deploy, support, and troubleshoot Firewalls VPNs and IDS solutions. The course will comprise all the modules needed for the complete CCNP Security certification.
Your CCNP Security certification will prove that you can:
- Secure the network infrastructure using Cisco security products and integrated technologies
- Deploy perimeter security, VPNs, and intrusion protection technologies and solutions
- Monitor and detect relevant security events
- Manage network security to protect productivity gains and reduce costs
Cisco certifications also afford you special membership benefits:
- A certificate of accomplishment.
- A wallet card, logo and designation for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Access to the secure Cisco on-line tracking system so you can download logos, and track your Cisco certification progress throughout your career.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a Certification Guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Common Security Threats
Security and Cisco Routers
- Implementing security on Cisco routers
- Securing the data, control and management plane
- Cisco Security Manager
- Transition from IPv4 to IPv6
AAA on Cisco Devices
- Implementing AAA (authentication, authorization, and accounting)
- AAA functionality
- Standard, extended, and named IP IOS access control lists (ACLs) to filter packets
- Considerations when building ACLs
- Implementing IP ACLs to mitigate threats in a network
Securing Network Management and Reporting
- Securing network management
- Implementing secure network management
Common Layer 2 Attacks
- Layer 2 security using Cisco switches
- VLAN security
- Implementing VLANs and trunking
- Implementing spanning tree
Cisco Firewall Technologies
- Operational strengths and weaknesses of the different firewall technologies
- Stateful firewalls
- Types of NAT used in firewall technologies
- Implementing zone-based policy firewall using CCP
- Implementing the Cisco Adaptive Security Appliance (ASA)
- Implementing Network Address Translation (NAT) and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Considerations when deploying Cisco Intrusion Prevention System (IPS)
- IPS technologies
- Configuring Cisco IOS IPS using CCP
- Different methods used in cryptography
- VPN technologies
- The building blocks of IPSec
- Implementing an IOS IPSec site-to-site VPN with pre-shared key authentication
- Verify VPN operations
- Implementing Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) VPN using ASA device manager
Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions - SENSS:
- Understanding and implementing Cisco modular Network Security Architectures such as SecureX and TrustSec.
- Deploy Cisco Infrastructure management and control plane security controls.
- Configuring Cisco layer 2 and layer 3 data plane security controls.
- Implement and maintain Cisco ASA Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Implement and maintain Cisco IOS Software Network Address Translations (NAT).
- Designing and deploying Cisco Threat Defense solutions on a Cisco ASA utilizing access policy and application and identity based inspection.
- Implementing Botnet Traffic Filters.
- Deploying Cisco IOS Zone-Based Policy Firewalls (ZBFW).
- Configure and verify Cisco IOS ZBFW Application Inspection Policy.
Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions - SIMOS:
- Describe the various VPN technologies and deployments as well as the cryptographic algorithms and protocols that provide VPN security.
- Implement and maintain Cisco site-to-site VPN solutions.
- Implement and maintain Cisco FlexVPN in point-to-point, hub-and-spoke, and spoke-to-spoke IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco clientless SSL VPNs.
- Implement and maintain Cisco AnyConnect SSL and IPsec VPNs.
- Implement and maintain endpoint security and dynamic access policies (DAP).
Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions - SISAS:
- Understand Cisco Identity Services Engine architecture and access control capabilities.
- Understand 802.1X architecture, implementation and operation.
- Understand commonly implemented Extensible Authentication Protocols (EAP).
- Implement Public-Key Infrastructure with ISE.
- Understand the implement Internal and External authentication databases.
- Implement MAC Authentication Bypass.
- Implement identity based authorization policies.
- Understand Cisco TrustSec features.
- Implement Web Authentication and Guest Access.
- Implement ISE Posture service.
- Implement ISE Profiling.
- Understand Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) with ISE.
- Troubleshoot ISE.
Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions - SITCS:
- Understand Cisco ASA Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW)
- Deploy Cisco Web Security appliance to mitigate malware
- Configure Web Security appliance for acceptable use controls
- Configure Cisco Cloud Web Security Connectors
- Describe Cisco Email Security Solution
- Configure Cisco Email Appliance Incoming and Outgoing Policies
- Describe IPS Threat Controls
- Configure and Implement Cisco IPS Sensor into a Network
See Exam Track...
You will be prepared for, and sit, the following exams on site:
- Implementing IOS Network Security v2.0 - 640-554
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions - 300-206 SENSS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions - 300-209 SIMOS
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions - 300-208 SISAS
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions -300-207 SITCS
See What's Included...
- Implementing Cisco IOS Network Security (IINS)
- Implementing Cisco Edge Network Security Solutions (SENSS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Mobility Solutions (SIMOS)
- Implementing Cisco Secure Access Solutions (SISAS)
- Implementing Cisco Threat Control Solutions (SITCS)
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on 080 80 800 888.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Exam 640-554 IINS is a prerequisite for the CCNP Security certification - this is included as part of the course. Valid CCNA in good standing is also recommended.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on 080 80 800 888 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Cisco Cisco Security Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,706 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Exceptionally Professional Delivery!!"
Tony Faulkner. (2/2/2009 to 15/2/2009)
"The labs, in particular, make this course stand out from other training courses that I have taken. All other courses offer labs, but quite often the student is left to flounder around through the course work to figure out what the required commands are. The student eventually gets the job done, but is left with nothing that can be referred to a week, or a month later.
The instructors labs, in contrast were incredibly well-detailed and presented in a spiral binder. The required steps were all spelled out, making it easy to make notes in the lab books and to refer to those notes and commands in the future, when I am attempting to incorporate this course at work. Test-preparation labs were also provided - when all the steps were not given to the student.
The course could easily be considered to be worth the money - just for the labs."
Keith Terrell, Intergence Systems. (2/2/2009 to 15/2/2009)
"I have just finished my CCSP course, and i would say instructor has gone through every single point and cleared all concepts.
Spot on and highly recommended."
Asim Mukhtar. (2/2/2009 to 15/2/2009)
"Overall a tough course, lots of material to cover and successful results."
Vernon Grandison, Real Solutions Ltd. (2/2/2009 to 15/2/2009)
"I thoroughly enjoyed my Cisco CCSP course and came away with not only a conceptual understanding of the kit, but a good grounding in its application and possible uses."
Steve Wilde, Game Group. (2/2/2009 to 15/2/2009)
Latest Reviews from our students