This certification will retire on 23rd February 2020. Get the CCENT certification before it retires and you'll also receive the new CCNA. Find out more.
Your accelerated 4 day CCENT (Cisco Certified Entry Networking Technician) certification course will develop the skills required for entry-level network support positions, the starting point for many successful careers in networking. You'll learn to install, operate and troubleshoot a small enterprise branch network, including basic network security. CCENT certification is the first step toward achieving your CCNA, which covers medium size enterprise branch networks with more complex connections.
This course is 20% faster than traditional courses. In just 4 days, you will live, learn, and take the exam at one of our state-of-the-art education centres. Covered by your Certification Guarantee. You will be fully immersed in topics including:
- Networking fundamentals
- WAN technologies
- Basic security and wireless concepts
- Routing and switching fundamentals
- Configuring simple networks
This blended-learning program employs outcome-based (Lecture | Lab | Review) delivery - that focuses on preparing you with the real-world skills required to pass the simulator-based CCENT exam and to hit the ground running in your career.
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,002 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
You may be entitled to free training via Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs). If you’ve bought Cisco hardware or software - check the invoice to see if you have credits waiting to be used! If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
Why is Cisco training at Firebrand different?
Firebrand’s accelerated CCNA training course offers you access to more equipment.
Typically, CCNA training providers and the equipment made available can vary greatly. Often, you'll only be given access to remote labs and never see the actual equipment, only doing exercises based on a connection to a rack of equipment “somewhere”…
At Firebrand we do things differently. We believe that in your first exposure to Cisco you should see, feel, and touch the kit. You need to get hands on practitcal experience to know about interfaces and ports, but not by seeing a PowerPoint slide or a diagram, rather by actually connecting cables to the router or switch.
You’ll work in pairs and share a “pod” of equipment located in a rack. You have your own 2811 router and 2960 switch, access to additional equipment such as a Frame-Relay switch, along with additional routers and switches should you wish to tinker.
The equipment we supply, alongside 24 hour lab access, gives you the tools to prepare you both for the CCNA exams, and more importantly, the real world.
Gold certification from the IPv6 Forum's Education Certification Program
CCNA, CCNP, and CCIE Routing and Switching certifications have received Gold certification from the IPv6 Forum's Education Certification Program. This means that students who gain these certifications can display the IPv6 logo, demonstrating that they have attained IPv6 knowledge and skills. The IPv6 Forum is a worldwide consortium of leading Internet vendors, Industry Subject Matter Experts, Research & Education Networks, with the mission to advocate the adoption of IPv6 technology.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
During this official Cisco CCNA training course, you'll learn the following material:
Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices, Part 1 (ICND1) 3.0
Building a Simple Network
- Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Understanding the Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Introducing LANs
- Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Starting a Switch
- Understanding Ethernet and Switch Operation
- Troublshooting Common Switch Media Issues
Establishing Internet Connectivity
- Understanding the TCP/IP Internet Layer
- Understanding IP Addressing and Subnets
- Understanding the TCP/IP Transport Layer
- Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Configuring a Cisco Router
- Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Enabling Static Routing
- Learning the basics of ACL
- Enabling Internet Connectivity
Building a Medium-Sized Network
- Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Routing between VLANs
- Using a Cisco Network Device as a DHCP Server
- Implementing RIPv2
- Introducing WAN Technologies
- Introducing Dynamic Routing Protocols
- Implementing OSPF
Network Device Management and Security
- Securing Administrative Access
- Implementing Device Hardening
- Configuring System Message Logging
- Managing Cisco Devices
- Introducing Basic IPv6
- Understanding IPv6 Operation
- Configuring IPv6 Static Routes
- Discovery 1: Get Started with Cisco CLI
- Discovery 2: Perform Basic Switch Configuration
- Challenge 1: Implementing the Initial Switch Configuration
- Discovery 3: Observe How a Switch Operates
- Discovery 4: Troubleshoot Switch Media and Port Issues
- Discovery 5: Inspect TCP/IP Applications
- Discovery 6: Start with Cisco Router Configuration
- Discovery 7: Configure Cisco Discovery Protocol
- Challenge 2: Implementing the Initial Router Configuration
- Discovery 8: Configure Default Gateway
- Discovery 9: Exploration of Packet Forwarding
- Discovery 10: Configure and Verify Static Routes
- Challenge 3: Implementing Static Routing
- Discovery 11: Configure and Verify ACLs
- Challenge 4: Implementing Basic Numbered and Named ACLs
- Discovery 12: Configure a Provider-Assigned IP Address
- Discovery 13: Configure Static NAT
- Discovery 14: Configure Dynamic NAT and PAT
- Discovery 15: Troubleshoot
- Challenge 5: Implementing PAT
- Challenge 6: Summary Challenge Lab: 1
- Challenge 7: Summary Challenge Lab: 2
- Discovery 16: Configure VLAN and Trunk
- Challenge 8: Troubleshooting VLANs and Trunk
- Discovery 17: Configure a Router on a Stick
- Challenge 9: Implement Multiple VLANs and Basic Routing Between the VLANs
- Discovery 18: Configure a Cisco Router as a DHCP Server
- Discovery 19: Troubleshoot DHCP Issues
- Challenge 10: Implementing a DHCP Server in on a Cisco IOS Device
- Discovery 20: Configure and Verify RIPv2
- Discovery 21: Troubleshoot RIPv2
- Challenge 11: Implementing RIPv2
- Discovery 22: Enhance Security of Initial Configuration
- Discovery 23: Limit Remote Access Connectivity
- Challenge 12: Securing Device Administrative Access
- Discovery 24: Configure and Verify Port Security
- Discovery 25: Configure and Verify NTP
- Challenge 13: Implementing Device Hardening
- Discovery 26: Configure Syslog
- Challenge 14: Configuring System Message Logging
- Challenge 15: Summary Challenge Lab: 3
- Challenge 16: Summary Challenge Lab: 4
- Discovery 27: Configure Basic IPv6 Connectivity
- Discovery 28: Configure IPv6 Static Routes
- Challenge 17: Implement IPv6 Static Routing
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams on site as part of the course. Covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Exam 100-105 - Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 v3.0 (ICND1)
- Duration: 90 Minutes
- Questions: 45-55 questions
See What's Included...
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices Part 1 student kit
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
It's advised that you have experience of desktop operating systems and basic knowledge of networking fundamentals.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Cisco Course Dates
Cisco - ICND1 (CCENT)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,002 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Tough, but worth it. "
Jamie Hird, HDFT. (2/12/2019 to 5/12/2019)
"Instructor was excellent. Very knowledgeable and engaging, which is difficult with my attention span. "
Z.G., Nottinghamshire Healthcare NHS Trust. (14/10/2019 to 17/10/2019)
"Fast paced, quick learning, if this is your style then its good."
Anonymous. (13/5/2019 to 16/5/2019)
"A huge amount of material to cover in the time, but was done excellently. Thanks. "
P.S., Atkins. (8/10/2018 to 11/10/2018)
"A huge amount of material to cover in a short time, but was done excellently. Thanks"
P.S., Atkins. (8/10/2018 to 11/10/2018)
Latest Reviews from our students