The ISO 27001 Lead Implementer course is a PECB (Professional Evaluation and Certification Board) official course. The three-day intensive course will help you develop the skills needed to implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS), as specified in ISO/IEC 27001:2013.
PECB’s certifications are accredited under ISO 17024 by the International Accreditation Service (IAS).
This training is consistent with the good practices established by the Project Management Institute (PMI) and ISO 10006:2003 (Quality Management Systems - Guidelines for Quality Management in Projects). The course is fully compatible with:
- ISO/IEC 27003:2009 (Guidelines for the Implementation of an ISMS)
- ISO/IEC 27004:2009 (Measurement of Information Security)
- ISO/IEC 27005:2008 (Risk Management in Information Security)
You'll also get one year’s free membership of PECB (Professional Evaluation and Certification Board) - which usually costs around £250.
Do you qualify for the ISO 27001 Master certification?
When you have both the ISO 27001 Lead Auditor and ISO 27001 Lead Implementer certifications, you're eligible to apply for the ISO 27001 Master certification.
Prove that you've mastered the implementation of an Information Security Management System (ISMS). You can apply for the Master certification through PECB, if you have the following:
- ISO 27001 Lead Auditor certification
- ISO 27001 Lead Implementer certification
- Ten years of professional experience (six years in information security)
- At least 500 hours of ISMS audit experience
- At least 500 hours of ISMS project experience
If you're confused, call us on 080 80 800 888 and we'll help you through the process.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
See Exam Track...
You'll take the ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer exam as part of the course.
You will also get one year free PECB membership, and be able to apply for the following titles depending on your experience:
- Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Provisional Implementer
- Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Implementer
- Certified ISO/IEC 27001 Lead Implementer
You'll become an expert in the following areas:
- Information Security Management System (ISMS) concepts as required by ISO 27001; Initiating an ISMS
- Planning the implementation of an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Implementing an ISMS based on ISO 27001
- Controlling, monitoring,measuring and improving an ISMS; certification audit of the ISMS
See What's Included...
On this all-inclusive accelerated course you'll receive:
- The Information Security Management System (ISMS) implementation methodology
- Student manual - containing over 400 pages of information and practical examples
- Certificate - worth 31 CPE (Continuing Professional Education) credits
When you successfully pass the ISO 27001 Lead Implementer exam you will get their first year of PECB membership free of charge. The usual fee for this is around £250. This applies to all courses which lead to a professional membership such as ISO 27001 Lead Auditor. PECB are a personnel certification body.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
It is recommended that you have already attended Information Security Management System (ISMS) Foundation training, or have a basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 27001:2013 and ISO/IEC 27002:2013.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
ISO Course Dates
ISO - 27001 Lead Implementer - Information Security Management
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"I feel well trained to lead ISO 27001 implementations after attending the Firebrand Training."
Sofia Larsson, Secure State Cyber AB. (16/9/2019 to 18/9/2019)
"Good location to isolate yourself from distractions."
Anonymous. (24/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
"Great experience. Enough time to cover material. Ready for exam."
Abdirahman Wardhere, AWKU Consulting Ltd - Aviva. (24/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
"Professional and focussed training."
Klaus Wind, Danish Prison and Probation Service. (24/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
"Everything is supplied to allow you to fully concentrate on the course."
Mark George, MOD. (30/1/2019 to 1/2/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students