The Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP) is an entry-level security course. It's similar to MTA Security and CompTIA Security+ certification courses - but vendor neutral and not technical.
Our version of CISMP is largely based on the bespoke Cyber Crime PROTECT course. In addition to using the official BCS book, it includes:
- Network security elements: addressing key threats and vulnerabilities within an IT system and network;
- Law, regulation and ethics (based primarily on UK/EU standards, but also US regulations where applicable);
- Securing the infrastructure: more advanced network security-related content looking at technical and procedural controls when defending a network and IT infrastructure.
There are no requirements for this course other than to be computer-literate.
The CISMP credential is widely recognised in the UK and is a good starting point for any professional within the security sector.
- IT Managers/Administrators (Security)
- CISM. CISO, CDPO
- Department Heads
- Police and Security Forces (Prepare/Protect/Prevent)
- Risk/Threat/Vulnerability Analysts
- Policy Makers
Note: This CISMP course is provided in conjunction with InfoSec Skills Ltd, a BCS-accredited training organisation.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online CISMP courses
- You'll be CISMP certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be CISMP trained in record time
- Our CISMP course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CISMP first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CISMP faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CISMP with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,350 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
1. Information Security Management Principles
- Concepts and Definitions
- The Need for, and the Benefits of Information Security
2. Information Risk
- Threats to, and Vulnerabilities of Information Systems
- Risk Management
3. Information Security Framework
- Organisation and Responsibilities
- The Organisation’s Management of Security
- Organisational Policy, Standards and Procedures
- Information Security Governance
- Information Security Implementation
- Security Information Management
- Legal Framework
- Security Standards and Procedures
4. Procedural / People Security Controls
- User Access Controls
- Communication, Training and Awareness
5. Technical Security Controls
- Protection from Malicious Software
- Networks and Communications
- External Services
- Cloud Computing
- IT Infrastructure
6. Software Development and Lifecycle
- Testing, Audit and Review
- Systems Development and Support
7. Physical and Environmental Security Controls
8. Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity Management
9. Other Technical Aspects
- Investigations and Forensics
- Role of Cryptography
See Exam Track...
The CISMP exam is created by the British Computer Society (BCS) and administered on-site by Firebrand at the end of your course.
Format: 100 multiple choice questions
Passing mark: 65% (65/100)
After passing the exam, you'll receive the CISMP certification accredited by BCS.
See What's Included...
- BCS accredited courseware
- Information Security Management Principles – ISBN 978-1780171753
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no prerequisites for this accelerated course. However, Firebrand recommend you possess:
- Basic IT knowledge
- An understanding of the general principles of IT security
- Awareness of the issues involved in security control activity
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
BCS CISMP Course Dates
BCS - Certificate in Information Security Management Principles (CISMP)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,350 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"I found the CISMP course excellent as it gave me all of the relevant information and understanding condensed in a week. The trainer was a subject matter expert and excellent keeping the subject matter interesting and enjoyable. I would be happy to recommend this training."
Philip Gilmore, Northern Ireland Civil Service. (6/1/2020 to 9/1/2020)
"I like this concept of being away of work and home, it does help a lot. The instructor is great , I like the way he drived the training sessions."
Jorge Neves. (28/10/2019 to 31/10/2019)
"Long days with a lot of learning involved, but I think the format worked."
Stephen Hughes, M&G plc. (28/10/2019 to 31/10/2019)
"Great experience throughout. The instructor is a great instructor. Highly recommended."
Lee Lewis, MOD. (19/8/2019 to 22/8/2019)
"The instructor as per the first part of this 2 phased course, enabled a full learning experience, by explanation, demonstration and enabling the student to practice I thoroughly enjoyed the experience of the 2 full weeks and regardless of pass or fail CISMP, I've learned a great deal, and this is due to him. Thank you."
M.G.. (29/4/2019 to 2/5/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students