Who is this course for?
This program is ideal if you’re interested in:
- Changing your career
- Developing their knowledge and understanding of key business concepts and techniques that help organisations transform effectively
Business Analyst is a Level 4 Apprenticeship.
16 months total: 13 months Practical, 3-month EPA.
Firebrand’s sector-leading Level 4 Business Analyst Apprenticeship trains apprentices to:
- Investigate business situations
- Create business process models
- Gather requirements, define gap analyses
- Model data flows
- Consider and mitigate risks
- Develop impact assessments for change
Supported by our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), specialist Learning Mentors (LMs), and world-leading Trainers, our programme prepares learners to work across all sectors, assisting in delivering effective, on-budget, and timely transformation.
Our programme gives employees a clear understanding of the different transformation methodologies, including Waterfall and Agile, and the strengths and limitations of both approaches.
Firebrand’s programme is taught through a blended framework of Residential and Online Classroom learning based on our Lecture, Lab, Review methodology.
Your apprentice will receive support from our SMEs as well as full access to an e-learning platform that covers all business areas and over 5,000 courses on other relevant business topics.
Before attending this accelerated apprenticeship, you should have:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or A-Levels, a Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship or BTEC in a relatable subject), or relevant experience and/or an aptitude test
STEM subjects would also be beneficial to your application.
You should not have an existing qualification at the same level or higher that this apprenticeship in a similar subject.
- Role of the Business Analyst
- Investigation and Elicitation Techniques
- Process and Data Modelling
- Stakeholder Analysis & Management
- IT SLAs and SOPs
- Agile Business Analysis
End Point Assessment
All Apprenticeships end with the End Point Assessment (EPA). This is completed by a third party, the End Point Assessment Organisation (EPAO).
The EPA evaluates all the work completed through the duration of the Apprenticeship.
For the Level 4 Business Analyst Apprenticeship, the EPA consists of:
- a Project Proposal with a Presentation and Questioning
- and a Professional Discussion underpinned by a Portfolio with the independent assessor
The apprentice will only enter the EPA Gateway once the employer is content that the apprentice is working at or above the occupational standard. In making this decision, the in-work mentor may take advice from Firebrand, but the decision must ultimately be made by them.
EPAO determines when all other Gateway requirements have been met, and the EPA period will only commence once the EPAO has confirmed this.
The EPA assessment period in Gateway can be anything from 4 weeks to 6 months.
For more information, check out our EPA Fact Sheet.
Upon successful completion of the programme, you'll have the opportunity to gain the following qualifications:
Upon completion of the Level 4 Business Analyst Apprenticeship, progression routes include:
- Level 6 Data Scientist
- Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (Integrated Degree)
- Level 6 Project Manager