Your 4-day accelerated MCSA: BI Reporting certification course will develop the skills you need to create and manage enterprise business intelligence solutions as well as gain an expert understanding of data analysis using Power BI.
You'll be immersed in Microsoft Official Curriculum (MOC) using Firebrand's Lecture | Lab | Review technique. Your expert Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) will get you hands-on with the technology - helping you develop real-world practical skills. You'll develop and retain knowledge faster by combining theory and practical labs, reinforced by review sessions to help you cover the more complex topics.
You'll cover a range of exciting topics including:
- Performing Power BI desktop data transformation
- Creating a Power BI desktop visualisation
- Implementing the Power BI service
- Connecting directly to data stores
- Explore and extend a classic Excel dashboard and data model.
- Import data from a SQL Server database and reports
- Create measures using advanced DAX functions
- Create data visualisations in Excel and a Power BI dashboard with Excel
You will be prepared for exams 70-778: Analysing Data with Power BI and 70-779: Analysing and Visualising Data with Microsoft Excel. You'll sit both these exams at Firebrand's training centre during the course. This is covered by your Certification Guarantee.
If you're a database professional needing to create enterprise BI solutions and alternative methods of presenting data the MCSA BI Reporting certification is ideal. Earning the certifcation will act as your first step towards achieving the MCSE: Data Management and Analytics credential.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You'll be certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75360 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Course 20778C: Analysing Data with Power BI
- Module 1: Introduction to Self-Service BI Solutions
- Module 2: Introducing Power BI
- Module 3: Power BI
- Module 4: Shaping and Combining Data
- Module 5: Modeling data
- Module 6: Interactive Data Visualisations
- Module 7: Direct Connectivity
- Module 8: The Developer API
- Module 9: Power BI mobile app
Course 20779C: Analysing Data with Excel
- Module 1: Data Analysis in Excel
- Module 2: The Excel Data Model
- Module 3: Importing Data from Files
- Module 4: Importing Data from Databases
- Module 5: Importing Data from Excel Reports
- Module 6: Creating and Formatting Measures
- Module 7: Visualising Data in Excel
- Module 8: Using Excel with Power BI
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams at the Firebrand training centre during the course, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Exam 70-779: Analysing and Visualising Data with Microsoft Excel
Technology: Microsoft Excel, Power BI
You'll be tested on the following skills and knowledge:
- Consume and Transform Data by Using Microsoft Excel (30-35%)
- Model Data (35-40%)
- Visualise Data (30-35%)
Exam 70-778: Analyzing and Visualizing Data with Microsoft Power BI
- Languages: English
- Technology: Microsoft Excel
You'll be tested on the following skills and knowledge:
- Consume and Transform Data By Using Power BI Desktop (20-25%)
- Model and Visualise Data (45-50%)
- Configure Dashboards in the Power BI Service (25-30%)
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 20778C: Analysing Data with Power BI
- MOC 20779C: Analysing Data with Excel
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Before attending this course, you must meet the following prerequisite knowledge and skills:
- Experience of querying data using Transact-SQL
- Excellent knowledge of relational databases and reporting.
- Some basic knowledge of data warehouse schema topology (including star and snowflake schemas).
- Some exposure to basic programming constructs (such as looping and branching).
- An awareness of key business priorities such as revenue, profitability, and financial accounting is desirable.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications - particularly Excel.
- Extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheets including formulas, charts, filtering, sorting, and sub-totals.
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality.
- Basic knowledge of data analytics
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - MCSA: BI Reporting
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75360 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Not very complimentary about this course."
Krishna Kumar. (18/11/2019 to 21/11/2019)
"Enjoyed visit to Wyboston lakes. Staff and facilities were exceptional - Highly recommended for those who want to learn in accelerated mode !"
S.R.. (5/8/2019 to 8/8/2019)
"Very friendly atmosphere and everyone is very helpful."
Thomas Stephens. (5/8/2019 to 8/8/2019)
"Very informative and helpful with questions enabling me to get my certification."
Michael Howard. (5/8/2019 to 8/8/2019)
"Intense.. but good!"
K.P.. (5/8/2019 to 8/8/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students