Get in-depth insight into information security management during this accelerated 3-day EC-Council Information Security Manager (EISM) course.
Your EISM certification has been designed by experienced CCISOs to develop the skills and knowledge you need to advance your information security career. You'll learn to adjust the information security of your organisation in coordination with ever-changing risks and technologies.
EISM is the light version of the EC-Council's CCISO course. You'll receive the same training and course material, but you'll only be tested on the basic principles of information security management.
Your expert instructor immerses you in the course and guides you through the 5 domains that are part of the EC-Council's CCISO Body of Knowledge:
- Domain 1: Governance (policy, legal and compliance)
- Domain 2: IS Management controls and auditing management
- Domain 3: Management - Projects and operations (projects, technology and operations)
- Domain 4: Core competences for information security
- Domain 5: Strategic planning and finance
As part of your course, you'll sit the Information Security Manager exam, covered by your Certification Guarantee.
If you're interested in a leadership role in information security or pursuing CCISO role, this course is ideal for you.
Accredited training center of the year
Firebrand Training has won the EC-Council Accredited Training Center of the Year Award, from a Training Partner network with more than 700 training centres in 107 countries. This extends a record series of consecutive prizes to nine years.
Jay Bavisi, President of the EC Council: "The annual EC Council Awards underline the commitment and performance of our global partners and trainers who have contributed to the information security community."
The CCISO certification of the EC-Council is accredited by the American National Standard Institute (ANSI). Organisations with ANSI accreditation must undergo strict quality assessments and assessments. EC-Council is one of only a handful of certification bodies to achieve ANSI accreditation.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be EISM certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be EISM trained in record time
- Our EISM course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass EISM first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn EISM faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying EISM with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Domain 1: Governance (Policy, Legal & Compliance)
- Information Security Management Program
- Information Security Laws, Regulations, & Guidelines
- Privacy Laws
Domain 2: IS Risk, Controls and Auditing Management
- Design, Deploy, and Manage Security Controls in Alignment with Business
- Goals, Risk Tolerance, and Policies and Standards
- Information Security Risk Assessment
- Risk Treatment
- Residual Risk
- Risk Acceptance
- Risk Management Feedback Loops
- Business Goals
- Risk Tolerance
- Policies and Standards
- Understanding Security Controls Types and Objectives
- Implementing Control Assurance Frameworks
- COBIT (Control Objectives for Information and Related Technology)
- BAI06 Manage Changes
- COBIT 4.1 vs. COBIT 5
- ISO 27001/27002
- Automate Controls
- Understanding the Audit Management Process
Domain 3: Information security leadership – projects and operations
- The Role of the CCISO
- Information Security Projects
- Security Operations Management
Domain 4: IS Core Competencies
- Access Controls
- Physical Security
- Disaster Recovery
- Network Security
- Threat and Vulnerability Management
- Application Security
- Systems Security
- Computer Forensics and Incident Response
Domain 5: Strategic Planning and Finance
- Security Strategic Planning
- Alignment with Business Goals and Risk Tolerance
- Relationship between Security, Compliance, & Privacy
- Enterprise Information Security Architecture (EISA) Models, Frameworks, and Standards
- Security Emerging Trends
- It’s all about the Data
- Key Performance Indicators (KPI)
- Systems Certification and Accreditation Process
- Resource Planning
- Financial Planning
- Vendor Management
- Request for Proposal (RFP) Process
- Integrate Security Requirements into the Contractual Agreement and Procurement Process
- Statement of Work
- Service Level Agreements
See Exam Track...
As part of your accelerated course, you'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- Format: Multiple choice
- Duration: 2 hours
- Number of questions: 150
- Passing score: 70%
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no prerequisites to sit this course, or to take the EC-Council Information Security Manager Exam.
This course is the light version of the CCISO course. The CCISO course requires five years experience in three of the five CCISO Domains verified via EC-Council's exam eligibility application.
For more information on whether you should get EISM or CCISO certified, call us on 080 80 800 888 and speak to one of our enrollment consultants who can give you further guidance.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
EC-Council EISM Course Dates
EC-Council - EC-Council Information Security Manager
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"It was a very good training. I appreciated a lot trainers expertise and professionalism. I would recommend this training to my colleagues."
Julien JOUANNET, Network and Security. (16/12/2019 to 20/12/2019)
"The CEH class conducted by Firebrand's instructor was quite interesting, I learned something new for myself and deepened existing knowledge. It was a please to work with a such skilled trainer."
M.O., Amadeus. (16/12/2019 to 20/12/2019)
"The instructor was very clear and had interesting experiences to share, illustrating lots of training cases. I recommend."
V.M.. (16/12/2019 to 20/12/2019)
"Very well organised and great environment for learning."
Kevin Callahan. (26/11/2019 to 29/11/2019)
"The boot-camp style of learning makes firebrand a very effective way of studying for an exam."
Joe Burns, 5BI Ltd. (28/10/2019 to 1/11/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students