Get an introduction to Information Technology in just 3 days on your accelerated CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ course. An ideal starting point if you’re looking to begin a career in the IT industry.
Your expert instructor will immerse you in ITF+ curriculum through our unique Lecture | Lab | Review learning technique. You’ll develop fundamental knowledge and skills required to identify and explain the basics of computing, IT infrastructure, application and software development, database fundamentals and security. You’ll get hands-on in this accelerated ITF+ course, learning the skills to:
- Install software
- Establish basic network connectivity
- Identify computer components
- Identify/prevent basic security risks
- Explain troubleshooting theory and preventative maintenance of devices
As Firebrand is a CompTIA Platinum Partner, you'll benefit from the latest Official CompTIA course materials.
CompTIA ITF+ is the only pre-career certification that will help you understand your information technology abilities and decide if a career in IT is right for you.
After completing the ITF+ certification, if you're considering advancing into a career in IT, CompTIA A+ and Network+ are an ideal follow on.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ITF+ certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be ITF+ trained in record time
- Our ITF+ course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass ITF+ first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn ITF+ faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying ITF+ with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Module 1: Using Computers
- Common Computing Devices
- Using a Workstation
- Using an OS
- Managing an OS
- Troubleshooting and Support
Module 2: Using Apps and Databases
- Using Data Types and Units
- Using Apps
- Programming and App Development
- Using Databases
Module 3: Using Computer Hardware
- Using Device Interfaces
- Using Peripheral Devices
- Using Storage Devices
- Using File Systems
Module 4: Using Networks
- Networking Concepts
- Connecting to a Network
- Secure Web Browsing
- Using Shared Storage
- Using Mobile Devices
Module 5: Security Concepts
- Security Concerns
- Using Best Practices
- Using Access Controls
- Behavioral Security Concepts
Module 6: Infrastructure
- Cloud Fundamentals
- Waterfall vs. Agile
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- Number of Questions: 75 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple Choice
- Duration: 60 Minutes
- Passing Score: 650 (on a scale of 900)
See What's Included...
In addition to Official CompTIA Courseware and sitting your exams at the Firebrand Training centre during the course, you’ll receive:
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+) Study Guide: Exam FC0-U61, 2nd Edition (ISBN: 978-1-119-51312-4)
- Firebrand's ITF+ courseware
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
CompTIA IT Fundamentals+ is aimed at those considering a career in IT and computer-related fields. There are no prerequisites for you to meet to successfully start this course.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
CompTIA ITF+ Course Dates
CompTIA - IT Fundamentals+ (ITF+)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Training provided has been great. Excellent facilities too. One thing that could be improved upon is clarifying if students are entered into the exam before starting the course maybe in the confirmation email? as I was not told that I was not entered for the exam before the course and now have to do it at a later date. Other than that 10/10."
Charlie Stokes, Fidelity International. (4/11/2019 to 6/11/2019)
"Great first insight into IT for complete novices. "
B.w.. (24/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
"The instructor was engaging, interesting and very knowledgabl."
Anonymous. (12/2/2019 to 14/2/2019)
"Course instructor was very knowledgeable and engaging, provided relevant analogies and additional info to help information stick and was thorough with explanations."
George Edwards, Computacenter. (12/2/2019 to 14/2/2019)
"Great accelerated learning, great instructor and engaged learning."
Bella Noakes. (12/2/2019 to 14/2/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students