Your 3-day accelerated Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) certification course teaches you the knowledge and skills required to perform a host of tasks related to securing and protecting applications and systems within an organisation.
Our experienced instructors will teach you, through our unique Lecture | Lab | Review approach, to configure threat detection tools, perform data analysis and interpret the results to identify vulnerabilities, threats and risks to an organisation.
Cyber security analytics vastly improves your threat visibility by focusing on network behaviour, including an organisation’s interior network. These threats are better detected through analytics.
On this accelerated CySA+ course you will focus on the following four cyber security domains:
- Threat Management
- Vulnerability Management
- Cyber Incident Response
- Security Architecture and Tool Sets
This course is aimed at cyber security professionals with at least two to three years of on-the-job experience.
The training incorporates hands-on practical work in the form of virtual labs and software tools. This approach will accelerate your learning and will help retain your new found knowledge.
The CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+) exam is on site and includes a performance-based assessment.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CySA+ certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be CySA+ trained in record time
- Our CySA+ course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CySA+ first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CySA+ faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CySA+ with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75044 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Section 1: Threat Management
- Module 1: Given a scenario, apply environmental reconnaissance techniques using appropriate tools and processes
- Module 2: Given a scenario, analyse the results of a network reconnaissance
- Module 3: Given a network-based threat, implement or recommend the appropriate response and countermeasure
- Module 4: Explain the purpose of practices used to secure a corporate environment
Section 2: Vulnerability Management
- Module 1: Given a scenario, implement an information security vulnerability management process
- Module 2: Given a scenario, analyse the output resulting from a vulnerability scan
- Module 3: Compare and contrast common vulnerabilities found in the following targets
Section 3: Cyber Incident Response
- Module 1: Given a scenario, distinguish threat data or behaviour to determine the impact of an incident
- Module 2: Given a scenario, prepare a toolkit and use appropriate forensics tools during an investigation
- Module 3: Explain the importance of communication during the incident response process
- Module 4: Given a scenario, analyse common symptoms to select the best course of action to support incident response
- Module 5: Summarise the incident recovery and post-incident response process
Section 4: Security Architecture and Tool Sets
- Module 1: Explain the relationship between frameworks, common policies, controls, and procedures
- Module 2: Given a scenario, use data to recommend remediation of security issues related to identity and access management
- Module 3: Given a scenario, review security architecture and make recommendations to implement compensating controls
- Module 4: Given a scenario, use application security best practices while participating in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Module 5: Compare and contrast the general purpose and reasons for using various cybersecurity tools and technologies
See Exam Track...
As part of your accelerated course, you'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- Exam Code: CS1-001
- Format: Multiple-choice and performance based
- Duration: 165 minutes
- Number of Questions: Maxumum 85
- Languages: English, Japanese and simplified Chinese
See What's Included...
The following are included in CompTIA Security Analyst (CySA+) course:
- CompTIA Security Analyst (CySA+) (Exam CS0-001) Digital Courseware from Logical Operations
- CompTIA Security Analyst (CySA+) (Exam CS0-001) LogicalLAB from Logical Operations
- CompTIA official exam CS0-001
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Prior to attending the CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+), you are expected to have:
- The Network+ or Security+ certification - or equivalent knowledge
- A minimum of 2-3 years of hands-on information security or related experience
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
CompTIA CySA+ Course Dates
CompTIA - Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75044 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Very good as always, solid teacher, course, material and facilities."
Nick Margerum, React Computer Partnership. (29/5/2019 to 31/5/2019)
"Training is fantastic and goes into every aspect of the course you are covering to ensure you are prepared for the exam."
R.G.. (21/11/2018 to 23/11/2018)
"My experience at Firebrand has been fantastic. I believe the apprenticeship could have more course content that relates directly to the BCS exam, however the content still correlates and helped me learn. "
Darren Howe, NHSBSA. (21/11/2018 to 23/11/2018)
"As a member of staff , I would recommend the training of Firebrand."
Kevin Brown, Firebrand Training Ltd. (29/8/2018 to 31/8/2018)
"Well worth the visit. Leant a lot."
David Cherry, Sopra Steria. (29/8/2018 to 31/8/2018)
Latest Reviews from our students