Firebrand's two-day accelerated course provides comprehensive training and certification for anyone involved in software testing. It follows the syllabus specified by the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
Firebrand's accelerated course is designed to prepare you for and test you in the following accreditations:
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
On completion of Firebrand's course you will be able to:
- Manage, plan and prepare rigorous, formal, visible and repeatable tests that will fully exercise software, in the development of quality systems.
- Apply different testing approaches (black box, white box, static and dynamic) to all stages of software development.
- Prepare test plans, strategy, specifications, procedures and controls to provide a structured approach to testing.
- Identify what is involved in acceptance testing, system testing, integration testing and unit testing, what should be tested when and by whom.
- Document testing appropriately.
- Describe the different types of testing tools available and identify and implement the appropriate types of tools for their needs.
Firebrand's training for ISTQB's Foundation Software Testing certification:
- Allows you to achieve your certifications in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages.
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system.
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your ISTQB Foundation course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ISTQB Foundation certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be ISTQB Foundation trained in record time
- Our ISTQB Foundation course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass ISTQB Foundation first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more ISTQB Foundation. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn ISTQB Foundation faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying ISTQB Foundation with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 72,589 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study ISTQB Foundation courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
During our program the following topics will be presented:
ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing:
Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
- Testing Models
- Testing System Integration, Component and Acceptance
- Testing Maintenance
- Testing Non-functional system
- Testing Functional system
- Reviewing and the testing process
- Benefits and costs of reviews
- Types of review: Walkthroughs, inspections, technical review, informal review
- Static analysis
Test Design Techniques
- Testing Black and White box
- Testing black box techniques including equivalence partitioning, state transition and boundary value analysis
- Testing white box techniques including statements and decisions
- Experienced based techniques
- Choose test techniques
- Project testing plan
- Configuration management
- Estimation testing: Inclusion in project schedule
- Monitor and control
- Track progress and deviations from plan
- Incident management: Tracking, logging and analysis
- Risk and testing
- Types of testing tools
- Testing requirement; Static analysis
- Testing design
- Data preparation
- Test running
- Test harnesses, simulators and drivers
- Performance tests
- Dynamic analysing
- Management testing
- Coverage measurement
- Effective use, benefits and risk
- Introducing tools into an organization
See Exam Track...
After sitting Firebrand's accelerated course, you will be prepared for, and sit the following exam:
The ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (based on the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) syllabus) is taken at the end of the final day. It is a one hour multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
See What's Included...
- Firebrand's own Foundation Software Tester Courseware Kit
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Certification Programs includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- Near site testing, Transportation to/from Testing Center are provided ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Examination Passing Policy
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: PMP, CAPM and CISSP CBK Review
- *** Not included in our PMP, CAPM, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, (ISC)2 or ITIL Managers and Revision Certifications
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
Students should already have a basic working knowledge of IT and an understanding of the testing role in software development.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +971 4 3199019 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
ISTQB ISTQB Foundation Course Dates
ISTQB - Firebrand's Training for ISTQB's Foundation Software Tester Certification
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 72,589 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.77% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"I enjoyed my time here and was taught what was needed to know very well."
E.W., Plexus Law. (20/5/2019 to 21/5/2019)
"Great place to learn. Area, food, accommodation and schedule were good. I would have slightly preferred teaching to be focused more on passing exam when an exam is present"
Anonymous. (20/5/2019 to 21/5/2019)
"The training provided at my firebrand course was first rate, the lectures were interesting and well structured, looking forward to my next one!"
Oliver Goff, Lloyds. (20/5/2019 to 21/5/2019)
"Although the days were long, the instructor was very helpful, engaging and encouraged the class to take regular breaks. The workload is spread out very evenly throughout the day, ensuring you are absorbing all of the knowledge. "
Ben Moat, Cambridgeshire Fire & Rescue. (21/5/2018 to 22/5/2018)
"The instructor was great, kept us going and kept us interested in the course."
Anonymous (26/2/2018 to 27/2/2018)
Latest ISTQB Foundation Reviews from our students
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!