On this CompTIA Linux+ course, you’ll learn how to manage, operate, configure and maintain systems and hardware within a Linux environment.
In just 6 days, you’ll build knowledge on software operations, managing users, groups and services, as well as understanding Linux boot process concepts and kernel modules. You’ll also learn how to:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Linux issues, including system properties, user issues, application and hardware issues
- Apply security topics like as user/group permissions and ownership, access and authentication methods, Linux firewalls, and file backup, restoration and compression
- Demonstrate automation and scripting skills like BASH scripts and version control using GIT
At the end of your course, you’ll sit exam XK0-004 and achieve the CompTIA Linux+ certification. You’ll learn from certified CompTIA instructors, as Firebrand is an Authorised Partner of CompTIA.
You’ll also get access to official courseware including the Official CompTIA Linux+ Student Guide (Exam XK0-004) eBook and the Official CompTIA Linux+ Labs (Exam XK0-004) LogicalLAB.
Train through Firebrand’s Lecture | Lab | Review methodology and achieve your certification at twice the speed.
This course is ideal if you’re aspiring to or are practicing any of the following roles:
- Linux administrator
- Network administrator
- Web administrator
- Technical support specialist
- Systems administrator
CompTIA Linux+ is the only job-focused Linux certification covering the latest foundational skills demanded by employers.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Section 1: Hardware and System Configuration
- Explain Linux boot process concepts
- Given a scenario, install, configure, and monitor kernel modules
- Given a scenario, configure and verify network connection parameters
- Given a scenario, manage storage in a Linux environment
- Compare and contrast cloud and virtualisation concepts and technologies
- Given a scenario, configure localisation options
Section 2: Systems Operation and Maintenance
- Given a scenario, conduct software installations, configurations, updates, and removals
- Given a scenario, manage users and groups
- Given a scenario, create, modify, and redirect files
- Given a scenario, manage services
- Summarise and explain server roles
- Given a scenario, automate and schedule jobs
- Explain the use and operation of Linux devices
- Compare and contrast Linux graphical user interfaces
Section 3: Security
- Given a scenario, apply or acquire the appropriate user and/or group permissions and ownership
- Given a scenario, configure and implement appropriate access and authentication methods
- Summarise security best practices in a Linux environment
- Given a scenario, implement logging services
- Given a scenario, implement and configure Linux firewalls
- Given a scenario, backup, restore, and compress files
Section 4: Linux Troubleshooting and Diagnostics
- Given a scenario, analyse system properties and remediate accordingly
- Given a scenario, analyse system processes in order to optimise performance
- Given a scenario, analyse and troubleshoot user issues
- Given a scenario, analyse and troubleshoot application and hardware issues
Section 5: Automation and Scripting
- Given a scenario, deploy and execute basic BASH scripts
- Given a scenario, carry out version control using Git
- Summarise orchestration processes and concepts
See Exam Track...
As part of your course, you’ll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
CompTIA Linux+ (KX0-004)
- Exam code: KX0-004
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Type of questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Passing score: 720 (on a scale of 100–900)
- Hardware and System Configuration (21%)
- Systems Operation and Maintenance (26%)
- Security (19%)
- Linux Troubleshooting and Diagnostics (20%)
- Automation and Scripting (14%)
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
However, CompTIA strongly recommend you have either CompTIA A+ or CompTIA Network+ certifications, or 9 to 12 months experience in configuring, monitoring and supporting servers running the Linux OS.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
CompTIA Course Dates
CompTIA - Linux+
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Friendly work and study environment. Excellent standard of teaching. Facilities well organised. Great customer service. Everything catered for even fussy vegetarians. "
A.R.. (30/9/2019 to 5/10/2019)
"Trainers very knowledgeable, and taught very well."
Aslam Kavde, BBC. (3/6/2019 to 8/6/2019)
"A good, well taught course."
Andrew Whiting. (3/6/2019 to 8/6/2019)
"It is very nice that they take amazing care of you. Every time I've been here 4th FB have been great."
Anonymous, Intercity Technology. (3/6/2019 to 8/6/2019)
"I enjoy the accelerated learning format that Firebrand use, and I think it is optimal for courses that are usually very long as you can really compress the amount of time taken to do learn the course and do any exams etc. It is good to come into the course with some knowledge on the subject as it makes everything easier."
Adam Heeps, Lloyds Banking Group. (10/9/2018 to 15/9/2018)
Latest Reviews from our students