On this accelerated 3-day Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) course, you’ll get the advanced skills you need to design and create secure solutions across complex business environments - 40% faster than traditional training.
Your expert instructor will provide you with technical knowledge and skills required to conceptualise, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise.
On your accelerated CASP+ Course you'll also learn:
- Enterprise Security, including operations and architecture concepts, techniques, and requirements
- Risk analysis and cyber defence anticipation
- Mobile and small form factor devices’ security
- Software vulnerability
- How to integrate cloud and virtualisation technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Cryptographic techniques, such as Blockchain- Cryptocurrency and Mobile device encryption
You'll be immersed in the curriculum with our unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique - helping you develop and retain knowledge faster and develop skills for the real world with hands-on, practical labs.
Firebrand Training is an Authorised Partner of CompTIA. This means that you are guaranteed the highest level of instructor and course material, all of which is officially approved by CompTIA.
CASP+ is compliant with ISO 17024 standards and approved by the US DoD to meet directive 8140/8570.01-M requirements.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be CASP+ certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be CASP+ trained in record time
- Our CASP+ course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass CASP+ first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn CASP+ faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying CASP+ with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,974 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
You'll learn the following, to ensure you pass the CASP+ exam at the end of the course:
1.0 Risk Management (19% of exam)
- Summarise business and industry influences and associated security risks
- Compare and contrast security, privacy policies and procedures based on organisational requirements
- Given a scenario, execute risk mitigation strategies and controls
- Analyse risk metric scenarios to secure the enterprise
2.0 Enterprise Security Architecture (25% of exam)
- Analyse a scenario and integrate network and security components, concepts and architectures to meet security requirements
- Analyse a scenario to integrate security controls for host devices to meet security requirements
- Analyse a scenario to integrate security controls for mobile and small form factor devices to meet security requirements
- Given software vulnerability scenarios, select appropriate security controls
3.0 Enterprise Security Operations (20% of exam)
- Given a scenario, conduct a security assessment using the appropriate methods
- Analyse a scenario or output, and select the appropriate tool for a security assessment
- Given a scenario, implement incident response and recovery procedures
4.0 Technical Integration of Enterprise Security (23% of exam)
- Given a scenario, integrate hosts, storage, networks and applications into a secure enterprise architecture
- Given a scenario, integrate cloud and virtualisation technologies into a secure enterprise architecture
- Given a scenario, integrate and troubleshoot advanced authentication and authorisation technologies to support enterprise security objectives
- Given a scenario, implement cryptographic techniques
- Given a scenario, select the appropriate control to secure communications and collaboration solutions
5.0 Research, Development and Collaboration (13% of exam)
- Given a scenario, apply research methods to determine industry trends and their impact to the enterprise
- Given a scenario, implement security activities across the technology life cycle
- Explain the importance of interaction across diverse business units to achieve security goals
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre during the course:
CAS-003 exam - CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
This exam will test the technical knowledge and skills you require to conceptualise, engineer, integrate and implement secure solutions across complex environments to support a resilient enterprise.
- Number of Questions: Maximum of 90 questions
- Type of Questions: Multiple choice and performance-based
- Length of Test: 165 Minutes
- Passing Score: Pass/Fail only, no scaled score
See What's Included...
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) (Exam CAS-003) Digital Courseware from Logical Operations
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+) (Exam CAS-003) LogicalLAB from Logical Operations
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You must have ten years' experience in IT administration, including at least five years of hands-on technical security experience. Although not a prerequisite, CASP+ training generally follows CompTIA Security+ or equivalent.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
CompTIA CASP+ Course Dates
CompTIA - Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP+)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,974 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Facilities, materials, trainers and support all great!"
David Poultney, CIS Ltd. (18/12/2019 to 20/12/2019)
"The instructor was great, proved an interactive way of learning a dull subject. Thanks !"
Anonymous. (10/6/2019 to 12/6/2019)
"I really enjoyed the experience at Firebrand. I felt welcomed and the course was fully what I expected."
Reece Grover, NHS Business Service Authority. (20/3/2019 to 22/3/2019)
"Great staff with a dedicated and easy-going instructor, on top of that theres plenty of food and good facilities. "
Roman Hill, Fiserv. (20/3/2019 to 22/3/2019)
"Great place for fast learning and great that the accommodation is onsite. Great work guys."
R.D.. (19/12/2018 to 21/12/2018)
Latest Reviews from our students