ISC2 is the world's leading membership association for Cyber Security professionals, with over 500,000 members worldwide.
ISC2 certifications are widely recognised and respected, and can form the basis of successful IT careers. Which ISC2 certifications will it be most useful to achieve in 2024?
Here are our top 5 ISC2 courses for 2024.
1. CISSP — Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
The CISSP certification is one of the gold standard of Cybersecurity certifications.
The course covers the eight domains of the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK):
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
2. CCSP — Certified Cloud Security Professional
The CCSP certification is designed for IT and Cybersecurity professionals who are responsible for securing cloud-based applications and infrastructure.
The CCSP course covers a range of cloud security topics, including cloud architecture and design, cloud data security, cloud platform and infrastructure security, cloud application security, and compliance and legal considerations.
During the CCSP course, you will study 6 CBK Domains:
- Cloud Concepts, Architecture and Design
- Cloud Data Security
- Cloud Platform & Infrastructure Security
- Cloud Application Security
- Cloud Security Operations
- Legal, Risk and Compliance
3. CGRC — Certified in Governance, Risk and Compliance
CGRC is a vendor-neutral Cyber Security certification that proves you have the knowledge, skills, and experience to manage risk and authorize and maintain information systems across various frameworks.
The course comprises the 7 CGRC CBK Domains:
- Information Security Risk Management Program
- Scope of the Information System
- Selection and Approval of Security and Privacy Controls
- Implementation of Security and Privacy Controls
- Assessment/Audit of Security and Privacy Controls
- Authorization/Approval of Information System
- Continuous Monitoring
4. CSSLP — Certified Secure Software Lifecycle Professional
The CSSLP certification is designed for professionals who are responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining secure software systems.
The CSSLP course covers 8 CBK Domains:
- Secure Software Concepts
- Secure Software Requirements
- Secure Software Architecture and Design
- Secure Software Implementation
- Secure Software Testing
- Secure Software Lifecycle Management
- Secure Software Deployment, Operations, Maintenance
- Secure Software Supply Chain
5. SSCP — Systems Security Certified Practitioner
The ISC2 SSCP certification helps you develop the expertise to tackle the operational demands and responsibilities of a Security Practitioner.
During this course, you will cover the 7 CBK Domains:
- Security Operations and Administration
- Access Controls
- Risk identification, Monitoring, and Analysis
- Incident Response and Recovery
- Network and Communications Security
- Systems and Application Security
Which careers can ISC2 certifications prepare you for?
ISC2 certifications are widely recognised; they can help you upskill into positions such as:
- Information Security Analyst — Such roles focus on identifying and analyzing potential security threats to an organization's computer systems and networks, and implementing solutions to prevent these threats;
- Security Engineer — focus on designing and implementing security solutions, such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and other security technologies;
- Security Consultant — work with clients to evaluate their security needs and to develop and implement security solutions to meet them;
- Security Manager — manage a team of security professionals, develop and implement security policies, and oversee security operations;
- Compliance Analyst — ensure your company complies with all applicable laws and regulations related to information security and privacy, and develop policies to help it stay compliant;
- Risk Manager — identify and evaluate potential risks to a company and develop and implement strategies to mitigate them.
Get ISC2-certified with Firebrand
At Firebrand, we're proud to be an award-winning ISC2 Official Training Preferred Partner (OTP) and an official ISC2 Continuing Professional Education Credits Partner. Our accelerated courses help professionals achieve ISC2 exams in record time and return to work certified, with CPE credits too.
Perhaps one of them is right for you? See all our ISC2 courses.