Who is this course for?
This programme is ideal if you’re interested in:
- Embarking on a Data Analytics career
- Developing your knowledge and understanding of key concepts and techniques that help organisations effectively use data to make decisions
Data Analyst is a Level 4 Apprenticeship.
16 months total: 13 months Practical, 3-month EPA.
Firebrand’s sector-leading Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship develops employees to extract, manipulate, model, visualise, and present data to provide business insight.
Through our Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), specialist Learning Mentors (LMs) and industry-leading Instructors, our programme prepares learners to work across all sectors, providing value-added insight to all levels of an organisation.
Our programme gives employees a thorough understanding of how data is integrated to allow the application of statistics and modelling to make better data predictions.
Firebrand’s programme is taught through a blended framework of Residential and Online Classroom learning based on our Lecture, Lab, Review methodology. Your apprentice will be supplemented with support from our SMEs, get full access to an e-learning platform that covers all areas of data, as well as over 5,000 courses on other relevant topics to business.
Before attending this accelerated apprenticeship, you should have:
- A minimum of 5 GCSEs or A-Levels, a Level 3 qualification (apprenticeship or BTEC in a relatable subject), or relevant experience and/or an aptitude test
STEM subjects would also be beneficial to your application.
- Analytics Lifecycles
- Data Democratisation
- SQL Data Extraction
- Advanced Data Joins
- Advanced Visualisation of Data
- Statistical Programming Languages
- Predictive Modelling & Forecasting
- Statistics in Analysis
- Creating & Delivery a great Data Product
End Point Assessment
The EPA evaluates all the work completed through the duration of the Apprenticeship.
For the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship, the EPA consists of:
- a Project Proposal with a presentation and questioning, and
- a Professional Discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence with the independent assessor
The apprentice will only enter the EPA Gateway once the employer is content that the apprentice is working at or above the occupational standard. In making this decision, the in-work mentor may take advice from Firebrand, but the decision must ultimately be made by them.
EPAO determines when all other Gateway requirements have been met, and the EPA period will only commence once the EPAO has confirmed this.
The EPA assessment period in Gateway can be anything from 4 weeks to 6 months.
For more information, check out our EPA Fact Sheet.
There are currently no formal exams for this accelerated apprenticeship.
Upon completion of the Level 4 Data Analyst Apprenticeship, progression routes include:
- Level 6 Data Scientist (integrated degree)
- Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions Professional (integrated degree; Data Analyst pathway)