Learn how to use the agile methodology to support or lead testing activities - in just 2 days. On this accelerated Agile Tester course, you’ll study agile methodology fundamentals and how to use these within your team.
This course will teach you how to apply agile principles to software testing. Immerse yourself in a distraction-free environment on your accelerated course as you study using Firebrand’s Lecture | Lab | Review training.
In 2 days, you’ll learn how to:
- Support an agile team in planning testing activities
- Apply relevant test methods and techniques
- Assist in test automation
- Define testable user stories and acceptance criteria to stakeholders
Adapt your existing test experience in line with agile development practices. This accelerated course is ideal for QA and test engineers that want to benefit from the agile methodology in their organisations.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Six reasons why you should sit your Agile Tester course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Agile Tester trained in just 2 days.
- Our Agile Tester course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- You’ll learn more Agile Tester. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Agile Tester faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Agile Tester with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75603 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Agile Tester courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Agile Development
- The Agile Manifesto
- The agile approach
- Early and frequent feedback
- Agile tester roles & skills
- Agile development approaches (Scrum, XP and Kanban)
- Release and iteration planning
- Burndown charts
- Project initialisation
- Collaborative user story creation & acceptance criteria
- Assessing quality risks and estimating test effort
- Test-driven development, acceptance test-driven development and behaviour driven development
- Continuous integration
- The differences between testing on traditional and agile projects
- The ‘Definition of Done’
- Agile taskboards
- Options for independent testing in agile
- The test pyramid
- Testing quadrants
- Exploratory testing in agile projects
- Functional and non-functional black-box test design for users stories
- Agile retrospectives
- Managing regression risk with evolving manual and automated test cases
- Technical debt
- Agile project tools
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You should be familiar with:
- Windows operating systems
- Websites & browsers
- General IT infrastructure
Some experience and/or knowledge of software testing is also required.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Software Testing Agile Tester Course Dates
Software Testing - Agile Tester
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75603 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Tutor was very experienced and able to insert his own stories into the course material."
andy spencer, Royal Mail. (2/3/2020 to 3/3/2020)
"Firebrand are a very helpful and successful company when it comes to training courses. I have attended two course so far and the amount of information and understanding is better here than with any other course I have been on."
Daniel Lewis, ALDI. (2/3/2020 to 3/3/2020)
"Good, learning hours have improved to a more manageable amount compared to beforehand allowing me to better grasp and retain information gained"
Liam Coleman, IBM. (2/12/2019 to 3/12/2019)
"I found the Firebrand method of incorporating the traditional classroom teaching with the collaborative and interactive group work to be really useful in reinforcing learning. "
A.F.. (13/11/2019 to 14/11/2019)
"Excellent course. Greatly increased my understanding of the principles and best practices of agile testing. Lots of practical exercises and student participation rather than endless PowerPoint slides. The Trainer was friendly, helpful and extremely knowledgeable.
Suggestion: we covered a lot of ground in two days. Perhaps extend the course to three days ."
J.A.. (13/11/2019 to 14/11/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students