Aimed at the advanced practitioner, your accelerated Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification will teach you to generate business improvements in areas such as: customer satisfaction, service delivery, cost control, process performance, & new product introduction.
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification is delivered by PEEC, an IASSC accredited Lean Six Sigma training provider, meaning you will benefit from accredited instructors and curriculum. During the 5 day course you will be introduced to both Lean and Six Sigma methodologies, meaning that activities focused around the speed and quality of business processes are addressed.
Your accelerated course meets the ISO 18404 standard applicable to all PEEC programs. Delivered in line with the International Standards for Lean Six Sigma, as described in the ISO 13053-1 and ISO 13053-2 standard, you will attain an internationally recognised certification as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Traditional Lean Six Sigma Black Belt training lasts 10 days. This normally includes a month between each module, meaning that it can take up to two months to complete. This is compared to five days at Firebrand. Plus, our course contains case studies and exercises - it is not just theory.
On completion of this course you will be able to:
- Understand Six Sigma and Lean and have hands-on application of the Green Belt tool-kit applied to real-life problems.
- Establish meaningful business metrics that align process performance with financial performance.
- Have a detailed view of Cycle Time Reduction, Process Variation and Risk Management.
- Prepare an actionable plan for identifying, scoping and chartering process improvement projects and selecting the right people to execute those projects.
- Lead teams in managing and preventing defects in products, processes or services.
- Redesigning existing products, processes or services to achieve Six Sigma levels of performance over the life cycle.
- Understand how an enhanced value stream can illuminate areas of opportunity through the application of Lean principles to reduce cycle time.
- Apply a practical understanding of how to lead strategic change, manage a team and transfer Lean Six Sigma knowledge to develop robust breakthrough products, services and processes that perform flawlessly on launch.
- Prepare an actionable plan for supporting your organisation, and tools to build continuous improvement capability that deliver substantial and meaningful business results.
What is a Black Belt?
As a Six Sigma Black Belt practitioner you will:
- Be responsible for leading, executing, and completing business improvement projects
- Provide expert knowledge and thought leadership around Six Sigma & LEAN with particular emphasis on turning operational process improvements into tangible customer & financial benefits
- Teach team members the Six Sigma & LEAN methodology and tools
- Assist in identifying project opportunities and refining project details and scope
- Report progress to the project champions and the process owners and manage stakeholder expectations and involvement
- Transfer knowledge and coach other Green Belts and the organisation.
This Lean Six Sigma Black Belt course is designed for all business professionals from a wide variety of manufacturing or service / transactional environments. Ideally, you will be tasked with delivering major performance or efficiency transformation for a business, typically working as a Change Leader within the business.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online courses
- You'll be certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75603 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of your IASSC accredited Lean Six Sigma course:
- IASSC accredited curriculum
- IASSC accredited instructors
- ISO 18404 certified - delivered in line with the International Standards for Lean Six Sigma as described in the ISO 13053-1 and ISO 13053-2 standard, you will attain an internationally recognised certification as a Lean Six Sigma Black Belt.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
On the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt certification course you will learn expert level Lean Six Sigma skills, to enable you to identify, lead and deliver business process improvement projects.
You'll become an expert in the following Lean Six Sigma Black Belt modules:
- Minitab and advanced statistics including data manipulation
- Central Limit Theorem
- Measurement System Analysis (MSA)
- Statistical Process Control (SPC)
- Hypothesis Testing I
- Coaching practice
- Analysis Of Variance (ANOVA)
- Hypothesis Testing II
- Multiple Linear Regression
- Advanced Design of Experiments (DOE)
- Change Adoption
- Logistic Regression
See Exam Track...
As part of the course, you will sit the Lean Six Sigma Black Belt exam.
This is a multiple choice exam, which requires a 70% pass mark. You'll walk away with proof that you are competent in process management and improvement.
See What's Included...
- IASSC accredited curriculum
- The Six SIGMA Memory Jogger II: A Pocketguide of Tools for Six SIGMA Improvement Teams
You will be taught more advanced customer requirement analysis methods, more advanced change and project management methods, as well as more advanced Six Sigma statistical measurement & analysis techniques. You will work on an in-class Case Study designed to simulate projects that typically take up to 6 months to solve at work. You will walk away with deep competencies in all 5 LEAN principles as well as extensive competencies in how to test improvement choices, and control process performance.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You'll have at least one and a half years of project management experience, either directly as a Project Manager or as part of a team.
You'll also have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office; such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Previous exposure to process improvement or Lean Six Sigma philosophies is helpful, but not essential.
You must have attended and passed a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt course previously, or are attending it as part of this course.
Need Green Belt certification too? Sit this and the Lean Six Sigma Green Belt certification course together in just ten days.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Lean Six Sigma Course Dates
Lean Six Sigma - Black Belt
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75603 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Long days, hard work. But all worth it."
Stuart Anwyl, Balfour Beatty Mott Macdonald. (20/2/2016 to 24/2/2016)
"Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and the learning environment was perfect."
Ben Richards, Magellan Aerospace. (20/2/2016 to 24/2/2016)
"Having recognised the business improvement benefits of Lean Six Sigma to my organisation, I researched thoroughly for providers for my Lean Six Sigma black belt training. Firebrand come out on top on all levels. During my training, support from the clerical team was excellent; the pace and delivery from my tutor was excellent. You get my drift. Thoroughly recommend Firebrand for Six Sigma training!"
Steve Howells, Gatwick Airport. (20/2/2016 to 24/2/2016)
"This was the second element of my training and I found it as challenging and rewarding as the first. The pace was demanding and i really appreciated the understanding the tutor showed. He really gave me confidence when i wobbled. I found the experience very hard but very rewarding, Thanks!"
Andrew Johnson, Longdogs UK. (10/10/2015 to 14/10/2015)
"Comfortable, educational, enjoyable. Sorry I have to leave."
Anonymous (10/10/2015 to 14/10/2015)
Latest Reviews from our students