This accelerated Cisco CCNA course - Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions - is replacing all CCDA and CCNA certifications, including the popular CCNA Routing and Switching.
You'll be immersed in a broad range of IT fundamentals; from networking technologies, to security essentials, automation and programmability.
Achieve your CCNA certification in just 6 days – that’s 33% faster than traditional training. On this accelerated course, you’ll get everything you need to certify, including exam 200-301 CCNA.
Traditional providers do not include Cisco’s required 3-day self-study modules. Train with Firebrand and cover these modules during the course.
Similar to the soon-to-be-retired CCNA Routing and Switching, through this CCNA certification you'll learn how to navigate network access, IP connectivity and IP services, enabling your business to be more flexible and scalable. In just 6 days, you'll learn the fundamentals of:
- The TCP/IP Internet layer, IPv4, its addressing scheme and subnetting
- Implementing and verifying virtual local area networks (VLANs) and trunks
- WAN, VPN and QoS concepts
At the end of the course, you'll sit exam 200-301 CCNA and achieve the Cisco Certified Network Associate certification. You'll get access to official courseware and learn from certified Cisco instructors, as Firebrand are a Cisco Learning Partner.
This course is ideal for:
- Entry-level network engineers
- Network administrators
- Network support technicians
- Help desk technicians
This Cisco certification is the starting point for your career in networking, giving you the specialist skills you need to operate Cisco equipment. This certification is an ideal follow-up to the CompTIA Network+.
The new CCNA explained
After 23rd February 2020, Cisco will be retiring all existing CCDA and CCNA certifications and replacing them with the Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA). The popular CCNA Routing and Switching is also being retired.
Here's the full list of CCNA and CCDA certifications that are retiring:
If you have already started working towards any of the above CCDA or CCNA certifications, or are interested in doing so before February 23rd, you should continue to pursue it - you have until then to complete these certifications.
For a comprehensive guide to the updates, take a look at this blog covering Cisco's massive 2020 certification changes.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 6 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75078 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
You may be entitled to free training via Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs). If you’ve bought Cisco hardware or software - check the invoice to see if you have credits waiting to be used! If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
Your first exposure to Cisco technology should be hands-on. That's why this accelerated 6-day Cisco CCNA course includes real Cisco labs, giving you the practical experience you need when applying your skills in the real world.
24-7 lab access will give you the experience you need to prepare for the 200-301 exam, which you’ll take during your course. Plus, you’ll be sitting your exams at the Firebrand Training Centre, just steps away from your classroom.
Gold certification from the IPv6 Forum Education Certification Program
Cisco CCNA, CCNP and CCIE Routing and Switching Certifications have received Gold accreditation from the IPv6 Forum Education Certification Program. Gain your CCNA certification and you’ll be able to display the IPv6 logo, proving that you have attained professional IPv6 knowledge and skills.
The IPv6 forum is a worldwide consortium of leading internet vendors, industry subject matter experts, research and education networks. Their mission is to promote the adoption of IPv6 technology.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
- Module 1: Exploring the Functions of Networking
- Module 2: Introducing the Host-to-Host Communications Model
- Module 3: Operating Cisco IOS Software
- Module 4: Introducing LANs
- Module 5: Exploring the TCP/IP Link Layer
- Module 6: Starting a Switch
- Module 7: Introducing the TCP/IP Internet Layer, IPv4 Addressing, and Subnets
- Module 8: Explaining the TCP/IP Transport Layer and Application Layer
- Module 9: Exploring the Functions of Routing
- Module 10: Configuring a Cisco Router
- Module 11: Exploring the Packet Delivery Process
- Module 12: Troubleshooting a Simple Network
- Module 13: Introducing Basic IPv6
- Module 14: Configuring Static Routing
- Module 15: Implementing VLANs and Trunks
- Module 16: Routing Between VLANs
- Module 17: Introducing OSPF
- Module 18: Building Redundant Switched Topologies
- Module 19: Improving Redundant Switched Topologies with EtherChannel
- Module 20: Exploring Layer 3 Redundancy
- Module 21: Introducing WAN Technologies
- Module 22: Explaining Basics of ACL
- Module 23: Enabling Internet Connectivity
- Module 24: Introducing QoS
- Module 25: Explaining Wireless Fundamentals
- Module 26: Introducing Architectures and Virtualisation
- Module 27: Explaining the Evolution of Intelligent Networks
- Module 28: Introducing System Monitoring
- Module 29: Managing Cisco Devices
- Module 30: Examining the Security Threat Landscape
- Module 1: Get Started with Cisco Command-Line Interface (CLI)
- Module 2: Observe How a Switch Operates
- Module 3: Perform Basic Switch Configuration
- Module 4: Implement the Initial Switch Configuration
- Module 5: Inspect TCP/IP Applications
- Module 6: Configure an Interface on a Cisco Router
- Module 7: Configure and Verify Layer 2 Discovery Protocols
- Module 8: Implement an Initial Router Configuration
- Module 9: Configure Default Gateway
- Module 10: Explore Packet Forwarding
- Module 11: Troubleshoot Switch Media and Port Issues
- Module 12: Troubleshoot Port Duplex Issues
- Module 13: Configure Basic IPv6 Connectivity
- Module 14: Configure and Verify IPv4 Static Routes
- Module 15: Configure IPv6 Static Routes
- Module 16: Implement IPv4 Static Routing
- Module 17: Implement IPv6 Static Routing
- Module 18: Configure VLAN and Trunk
- Module 19: Troubleshoot VLANs and Trunk
- Module 20: Configure a Router on a Stick
- Module 21: Implement Multiple VLANs and Basic Routing Between the VLANs
- Module 22: Configure and Verify Single-Area OSPF
- Module 23: Configure and Verify EtherChannel
- Module 24: Improve Redundant Switched Topologies with EtherChannel
- Module 25: Configure and Verify IPv4 ACLs
- Module 26: Implement Numbered and Named IPv4 ACLs
- Module 27: Configure a Provider-Assigned IPv4 Address
- Module 28: Configure Static NAT
- Module 29: Configure Dynamic NAT and Port Address Translation (PAT)
- Module 30: Implement PAT
- Module 31: Log into the WLC
- Module 32: Monitor the WLC
- Module 33: Configure a Dynamic (VLAN) Interface
- Module 34: Configure a DHCP Scope
- Module 35: Configure a WLAN
- Module 36: Define a Remote Access Dial-In User Service (RADIUS) Server
- Module 37: Explore Management Options
- Module 38: Explore the Cisco DNA™ Center
- Module 39: Configure and Verify NTP
- Module 40: Configure System Message Logging
- Module 41: Create the Cisco IOS Image Backup
- Module 42: Upgrade Cisco IOS Image
- Module 43: Configure WLAN Using Wi-Fi Protected Access 2 (WPA2) Pre-Shared Key (PSK) Using the GUI
- Module 44: Secure Console and Remote Access
- Module 45: Enable and Limit Remote Access Connectivity
- Module 46: Secure Device Administrative Access
- Module 47: Configure and Verify Port Security
- Module 48: Implement Device Hardening
See Exam Track...
As part of your accelerated course, you’ll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
Cisco Certified Network Associate v2.0 (CCNA 200-301)
- Exam number: 200-301 CCNA
- Duration: 120 minutes
- Network Fundamentals (20%)
- Network Access (20%)
- IP Connectivity (25%)
- IP Services (10%)
- Security Fundamentals (15%)
- Automation and Programmability (10%)
These domains are general guidelines for the content likely to be included in the exam. As Cisco continue to develop this certification, other related topics may also appear.
See What's Included...
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
There are no formal prerequisites for this accelerated course. However, Cisco recommend you have basic knowledge in:
- IP addressing
- Internet usage skills
- PC operating system navigation skills
- Computer literacy
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Cisco Course Dates
Cisco - CCNA | Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75078 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"A work colleague recommended Firebrand training to me. I wasn’t too keen as the price was steep for my budget. I invested and have no regrets. Everything works like a clockwork at Firebrand. I traveled by train to the local station, was collected by Firebrand taxi without any delay. Was taken to the on-campus hotel, a short moment later was my induction, after which the actual training commenced. The lectures start early in the morning and end late evening. Labs are open and available 24/7. Food & accommodation – great. Quality of tutoring – unparalleled. Concise, yet in depth. All I needed to learn and pass. Thank you."
J.L.. (2/12/2019 to 8/12/2019)
"Best training center in the UK ."
Mark ben Langley, GLI. (14/10/2019 to 20/10/2019)
"It is an intensive course that is rich with content. It requires a lot of concentration, however, there are minimal distractions so you are able to concentrate fully on your course. I have come away with significantly more knowledge on my subject area."
Ben Griffin, Infrastar Ltd. (14/10/2019 to 20/10/2019)
"I am pleased with the whole process. Excellent communication throughout."
Bismarck Vergara. (17/6/2019 to 23/6/2019)
"The training I received was very intense, yet very thorough. The teacher was very knowledgeable and able to clearly convey ideas and concepts. Days were long but necessary. "
Tom Atkins. (13/5/2019 to 19/5/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students