This certification will retire on 23rd February 2020. Get the CCDA (Design) certification before it retires and you'll also receive the new CCNA. Find out more.
This course is designed to give you a foundation knowledge of network design using Cisco's SONA (Service Oriented Network Architecture) methodology. You'll gain information that will assist you in designing routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LANs and WANs. The course will prepare you for the Cisco CCDA (Cisco Certified Design Associate) exam, which you'll sit on the course.
During the course, you'll learn how to design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organisations, including service virtualisation. The Enterprise Composite Model used in the course will make it easier to design, plan, implement, operate and optimise (PDIOO) through modular network design and focus on the relations between modules. You'll also learn about Software-Defined Networking.
Once you have completed the course, you'll be able to enable efficient network environments with an understanding of network design fundamentals. The certification will demonstrate that you have the skills required to design and apply basic and resilient campus, data centre, security, voice, and wireless networks. You'll also be able to:
- Describe and apply network design concepts of modularity and hierarchy
- Create scalable IPv4 and IPv6 addressing
- Design connectivity to the Internet and internal routing for your network
- Identify suitable addressing schemes and routing protocols for use in enterprise networks
- Design routed and switched network infrastructures and services involving LAN, WAN, and broadband access for businesses and organisations.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be trained in record time
- Our course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75044 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs)
You may be entitled to free training via Cisco Learning Credits (CLCs). If you’ve bought Cisco hardware or software - check the invoice to see if you have credits waiting to be used! If you’re unsure, get in touch with us.
Reasons for Cisco certification include career advancement, personal improvement, skills enhancement, higher earnings, and increased on-the-job productivity.
Why Cisco Certifications?
- Cisco Certified Professionals are among the highest paid in the world.
- Cisco Certification gives you respect in IT Industry by allowing you to provide great value and service to any organisation you work for.
- Cisco Certification validates an individual's achievement, thereby increasing the holder's professional credibility by ensuring high standards of technical expertise.
- Industry trend shows that with each certification there is an increase in salary of the certificate holders. Additionally, multiple certifications directly correlate to further increases.
Cisco certifications also afford you special membership benefits:
- A certificate of accomplishment.
- A wallet card, logo and designation for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Access to the secure Cisco on-line tracking system so you can download logos, and track your Cisco certification progress throughout your career.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Distraction-free residential training - you’ll live just steps away from your classroom
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Your Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll even sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
The following are the topics covered on the CCDA course
Module 1: Design Methodologies
- Design Life Cycle
- Characterising Existing Network
- Top-Down Approach
Module 2: Network Design Objectives
- Building a Modular Network
- Applying Modularity: Hierarchy in a Network
- Applying Modularity: Virtualisation Overview
Module 3: Campus Network Design
- Layer 2/Layer 3 Demarcation
- Layer 2 Design Considerations
- High Availability Considerations
- Layer 3 Design Considerations
- Traffic and Interconnections
Module 4: Enterprise Network Design
- Designing a Secure Network
- Edge Connectivity Design
- WAN Design
- Branch Design
- Connecting to the Data Center
Module 5: Design of Internal Routing and Connecting to the Internet
- Routing Protocol Considerations
- Expanding EIGRP Design
- Expanding OSPF Design
- Introducing IS-IS
- Expanding IS-IS Design
- Using BGP to Connect to the Internet
Module 6: Expanding the Existing Network
- Understanding Quality of Service
- Supporting Wireless Access
- Integrating Collaboration
Module 7: IP Addressing
- Concepts of Good IP Addressing
- Creating an Addressing Plan for IPv4
- IPv6 Addressing
- Supporting IP Addressing
Module 8: Introduction to Software Defined Networks
- Challenge 1: Ask the Right Questions
- Challenge 2: Design Branch's LAN
- Challenge 3: Design Branch's Connections to the HQ
- Challenge 4: Design Branch's Routing
- Challenge 5: Design Support for Wireless and Collaboration
- Challenge 6: Design IPv4 Addressing Plan
- Challenge 7: Design IPv6 Addressing Plan
See Exam Track...
During this accelerated three-day course, you'll sit the following exam:
- 200-310 DESGN exam - Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions
See What's Included...
- Designing for Cisco Internetwork Solutions (DESGN) v3.0 student kit
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Not on all courses
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Prior to attempting the DESGN exam, candidates must possess a valid CCENT, or CCNA Routing and Switching or any CCIE certification.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Cisco Course Dates
Cisco - CCDA (Design)
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75044 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.79% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"I've studied at Firebrand Training several times now and I've never failed an exam."
D.M., Systems IT. (4/4/2018 to 6/4/2018)
"Great instructors with great practical knowledge."
Anonymous (17/7/2017 to 19/7/2017)
"Excellent lecturer, very good facilities and a good setup to allow you to concentrate on achieving your qualification."
L.C., Hermes Datacomms. (12/8/2015 to 14/8/2015)
"The Firebrand instructor was extremely knowledgeable and was able to talk confidently about areas outside the course and give real world design scenarios and use cases."
J.B, Seagate technology. (11/12/2014 to 13/12/2014)
"Be well prepared for attending such an intensive bootcamp for refreshing your knowledge and making it accessible. The chances to pass the exam are much higher that just doing a normal course. I did it a couple of times now and it always worked out!"
R.S. (23/6/2014 to 25/6/2014)
Latest Reviews from our students