On this accelerated 6-day Microsoft MTA Security, Windows Server Administration & Networking, you'll learn fundamental networking and security skills, 66% faster than traditional training.
The Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification course is your first step on the Microsoft career path. Get MTA certified, and you'll soon have the confidence and knowledge to build your technology career.
Your expert Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) will teach you about installing, administrating and maintaining Windows 2012 & 2016. This includes installing Microsoft Active Directory, Server roles and WSUS (Windows Server Update Services).
You'll also learn the basics of:
- Understand Network Infrastructures
- Network Hardware
- Protocols and Services
- Security Layers
- Operating System Security
- Network Security
- Security Software
- Server Installation
- Server Roles
- Active Directory
This course is ideal if you want to start a career in a role such as:
- Infrastructure Specialist
- Windows Network Administrator
- Desktop Application Specialist
More than 95% of companies around the world use Microsoft technology. Be part of it. The next recommended step after MTA is the Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist (MCTS) certifications that specialise in Microsoft Windows Server and Windows Client.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 6-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75589 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
Certifications from Microsoft help you develop towards becoming an IT Pro or Developer. You'll stand-out, and prove that you have the skills to deploy, maintain, and optimise Microsoft technologies.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Course 40365A: MTA Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Module 1: Server Overview
- Module 2: Managing Windows Server 2008 R2
- Module 3: Managing Storage
- Module 4: Monitoring and Troubleshooting Servers
- Module 5: Essential Services
- Module 6: File and Print Services
- Module 7: Popular Windows Network Services and Applications
Course 40366 B: Networking Fundamentals
- Module 1: Understanding Local Area Networking
- Module 2: Defining Networks with the OSI Model
- Module 3: Understanding Wired and Wireless Networks
- Module 4: Understanding Internet Protocol
- Module 5: Implementing TCP/IP in the Command Line
- Module 6: Working with Networking Services
- Module 7: Understanding Wide Area Networks
- Module 8: Defining Network Infrastructures and Network Security
Course 40367 B: Security Fundamentals
- Module 1: Understanding Security Layers
- Module 2: Understanding Authentication, Authorisation and Accounting
- Module 3: Understanding Security Policies
- Module 4: Understanding Network Security
- Module 5: Protecting the Server and Client
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exams:
- Exam 98-365 - Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
- Exam 98-366 - Networking Fundamentals
- Exam 98-367 - Security Fundamentals
See What's Included...
Microsoft Official Books
- Windows Server 2016 Administration Fundamentals - ISBN: 978-1788629508
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
To get the most out this accelerated MTA course, it is recommended you have hands-on hardware or technology experience.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Course Dates
Microsoft - MTA Security, Windows Server Administration & Networking
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75589 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Course was very good, I liked the analogies given to explain complex networking areas it really helped. The instructor was very good at bringing information to a level everyone could understand and then further on that. "
Ewan jamieson, Mr. (17.2.2020 to 22.2.2020)
"I have enjoyed my experience for OIL delivery. I have been at Firebrand before and it has been just as helpful. The instructor was very helpful and has allowed me to understand the areas a lot easier now. "
Ewan Jamieson, Sopra Steria. (17.2.2020 to 22.2.2020)
"Firebrand Training is excellent. My knowledge of Microsoft Server getting me exam ready. Passing my first exam with flying colors."
Joseph Mcdonald, Pentagon Computer Solutions Ltd. (17.2.2020 to 22.2.2020)
"Experience was good instructors friendly and helpful."
Anonymous. (10.6.2019 to 15.6.2019)
"I would recommend reading up before taking a course. I loved it in the end."
Gregory Gold, Computer Geeks. (10.6.2019 to 15.6.2019)
Latest Reviews from our students