Get EC-Council Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) v2 certified in just three days and get the skills you need to be an expert in incident management, handling and response.
100% compliant with the NICE 2.0 & CREST Frameworks, the ECIH certification is internationally recognised - giving you valuable credibility in incident management. You’ll learn how to identify, control and recover from cyber security attacks on this hands-on accelerated course.
Get 50% more training time than traditional 9-5pm courses. Using Firebrand's unique Lecture | Lab | Review technique, you'll spend more time practicing techniques to detect and respond to current cyber security threats.
On this accelerated ECIH certification course you’ll learn:
- Structured incident handling and first response plans and procedures
- Forensic readiness, evidence gathering and analysis
- Incident validation, escalation procedures and writing incident reports
- Incident containment and systems recovery
You’ll sit your ECIH exam during the course, just steps away from the classroom. As an official EC-Council partner, you’ll learn from an EC-Council ECIH certified instructor and benefit from official EC-Council courseware and labs.
This accelerated ECIH course is perfect if you’re an incident handler, risk assessment administrator, pen tester, cyber forensic investigator, vunerability assessment auditor, system administrator, system engineer, firewall administrator or network manager.
ECIH v2 was created using job task analysis related to incident handling and incident first responder roles and meets industry-wide incident handling standards.
9x Accredited Training Centre of the Year
Firebrand Training has again won the EC-Council Accredited Training Centre of the Year Award, from a Training Partner network that has more than 700 training centres across 107 countries. This extends a record-breaking run of successive awards to nine years.
Jay Bavisi, President of EC-Council said: “The annual EC-Council Awards highlights the commitment and achievements of our global partners and trainers that have contributed to the information security community.”
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your ECIH course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ECIH trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 3-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your ECIH course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass ECIH first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study ECIH with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75350 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Module 01: Introduction to Incident Handling and Response
- Overview of Information Security Concepts
- Understanding Information Security Threats and Attack Vectors
- Understanding Information Security Incident
- Overview of Incident Management
- Overview of Vulnerability Management
- Overview of Threat Assessment
- Understanding Risk Management
- Understanding Incident Response Automation and Orchestration
- Incident Handling and Response Best Practices
- Overview of Standards
- Overview of Cyber security Frameworks
- Importance of Laws in Incident Handling
- Incident Handling and Legal Compliance
Module 02: Incident Handling and Response Process
- Overview of Incident Handling and Response (IH&R) Process
- Step 1: Preparation for Incident Handling and Response
- Step 2: Incident Recording and Assignment
- Step 3: Incident Triage
- Step 4: Notification
- Step 5: Containment
- Step 6: Evidence Gathering and Forensics Analysis
- Step 7: Eradication
- Step 8: Recovery
- Step 9: Post-Incident Activities
Module 03: Forensic Readiness and First Response
- Introduction to Computer Forensics
- Overview of Forensic Readiness
- Overview of First Response
- Overview of Digital Evidence
- Understanding the Principles of Digital Evidence Collection
- Collecting the Evidence
- Securing the Evidence
- Overview of Data Acquisition
- Understanding the Volatile Evidence Collection
- Understanding the Static Evidence Collection
- Performing Evidence Analysis
- Overview of Anti-Forensics
Module 04: Handling and Responding to Malware Incidents
- Overview of Malware Incident Response
- Preparation for Handling Malware Incidents
- Detecting Malware Incidents
- Containment of Malware Incidents
- Eradication of Malware Incidents
- Recovery after Malware Incidents
- Guidelines for Preventing Malware Incidents
Module 05: Handling and Responding to Email Security Incidents
- Overview of Email Security Incidents
- Introduction to Email Security Incidents
- Types of Email Security Incidents
- Preparation for Handling Email Security Incidents
- Detection and Containment of Email Security Incidents
- Eradication of Email Security Incidents
- Recovery after Email Security Incidents
Module 06: Handling and Responding to Network Security Incidents
- Overview of Network Security Incidents
- Preparation for Handling Network Security Incidents
- Detection and Validation of Network Security Incidents
- Handling Unauthorised Access Incidents
- Handling Inappropriate Usage Incidents
- Handling Denial-of-Service Incidents
- Handling Wireless Network Security Incidents
Module 07: Handling and Responding to Web Application Security Incidents
- Overview of Web Application Incident Handling
- Web Application Security Threats and Attacks
- Preparation to Handle Web Application Security Incidents
- Detecting and Analysing Web Application Security Incidents
- Containment of Web Application Security Incidents
- Eradication of Web Application Security Incidents
- Recovery from Web Application Security Incidents
- Best Practices for Securing Web Applications
Module 08: Handling and Responding to Cloud Security Incidents
- Cloud Computing Concepts
- Overview of Handling Cloud Security Incidents
- Cloud Security Threats and Attacks
- Preparation for Handling Cloud Security Incidents
- Detecting and Analysing Cloud Security Incidents
- Containment of Cloud Security Incidents
- Eradication of Cloud Security Incidents
- Recovering from Cloud Security Incidents
- Best Practices Against Cloud-based Incidents
Module 09: Handling and Responding to Insider Threats
- Introduction to Insider Threats
- Preparation for Handling Insider Threats
- Detecting and Analysing Insider Threats
- Containment of Insider Threats
- Eradication of Insider Threats
- Recovery after Insider Attacks
- Best Practices Against Insider Threats
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam on site as part of the course:
- ECIH: exam code 212-89
- Number of Questions: 100
- Passing Score: 70%
- Test Duration: 3 hours
- Test Format: Multiple choice
See What's Included...
On this accelerated, all-inclusive course you'll get:
- EC-Council ECIH Certified Instructor
- Official EC-Council ECIH course materials
- Official ECIH lab access
- Instructor-led ECIH exam preparation
- EC-Council ECIH exam, which you'll take on the final day of the course
When you achieve your ECIH certification, you will be awarded a digital badge. This can be downloaded from EC-Council’s Aspen Portal.
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
You should have the following experience before attending this course:
- A minimum of one years experience managing Windows/Unix/Linux systems
- An understanding of common network and security services
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
EC-Council ECIH Course Dates
EC-Council - Certified Incident Handler (ECIH) v2
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75350 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Good training also for people without much experience."
Anonymous (24.7.2018 to 25.7.2018)
"The staff are knowledgeable and try to make the courses fun. You will come away will tools and knowledge for your day to day business."
G.M.. (19.9.2019 to 21.9.2019)
Alistair Toomey, BBC. (19.9.2019 to 21.9.2019)
"The instructor is always good"
David Wintour, IMI. (19.9.2019 to 21.9.2019)
"Great experience on my second visit. Definitely would recommend this method of training."
Christopher Dyke, Atos. (17.9.2018 to 18.9.2018)
Latest Reviews from our students