Learn how to use cloud-based big data solutions, like Amazon Elastic MapReduce (EMR), Amazon Redshift and Amazon Kinesis, with Firebrand’s accelerated training for Big Data on AWS.
On this 4-day course, you’ll identify common tools and technologies you can use to create big data solutions, as well as learning how to use the MapReduce and Hive programming framework.
Use best practices to build big data environments for effective security by working with Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Redshift and Amazon Kinesis. On Firebrand’s accelerated course, you’ll also learn how to:
- Incorporate AWS solutions inside of a big data ecosystem
- Use visualisation software to show data and queries
- Control in-memory analytics with Spark and Spark SQL
- Manage ingesting, transferring and compressing data
- Process data using Hadoop tools like Hive and Hue
If you’re responsible for designing and implementing big data solutions, or a Data Scientist/Data Analyst who needs to learn more about big data on AWS, this course is ideal for you.
This accelerated course provides training and knowledge equivalent to AWS’s Big Data on AWS course.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your Big Data on AWS course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Big Data on AWS certified in just 4 days. With us, you’ll be Big Data on AWS trained in record time
- Our Big Data on AWS course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Big Data on AWS first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more Big Data on AWS. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Big Data on AWS faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Big Data on AWS with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 72,589 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Big Data on AWS courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a certification guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation and exams on your return). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
- Domain 1: Collection
- 1.1 Determine the operational characteristics of the collection system
- 1.2 Select a collection system that handles the frequency of data change and type of data being ingested
- 1.3 Identify the properties that need to be enforced by the collection system: order, data structure, metadata, etc.
- 1.4 Explain the durability and availability characteristics for the collection approach
- Domain 2: Storage
- 2.1 Determine and optimize the operational characteristics of the storage solution
- 2.2 Determine data access and retrieval patterns
- 2.3 Evaluate mechanisms for capture, update, and retrieval of catalog entries
- 2.4 Determine appropriate data structure and storage format
- Domain 3: Processing
- 3.1 Identify the appropriate data processing technology for a given scenario
- 3.2 Determine how to design and architect the data processing solution
- 3.3 Determine the operational characteristics of the solution implemented
- Domain 4: Analysis
- 4.1 Determine the tools and techniques required for analysis
- 4.2 Determine how to design and architect the analytical solution
- 4.3 Determine and optimize the operational characteristics of the Analysis
- Domain 5: Virtualisation
- 5.1 Determine the appropriate techniques for delivering the results/output
- 5.2 Determine how to design and create the Virtualisation platform
- 5.3 Determine and optimize the operational characteristics of the Virtualisation system
- Domain 6: Data Security
- 6.1 Determine encryption requirements and/or implementation technologies
- 6.2 Choose the appropriate technology to enforce data governance
- 6.3 Identify how to ensure data integrity
- 6.4 Evaluate regulatory requirements
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
- AWS Certified Big Data - Specialty
- Number: BDS-C00
- Format: Multiple choice and multiple response
- Duration: 170 minutes
- Domain 1: Collection (17%)
- Domain 2: Storage (17%)
- Domain 3: Processing (17%)
- Domain 4: Analysis (17%)
- Domain 5: Visualisation (12%)
- Domain 6: Data Security (20%)
See What's Included...
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Certification Programs includes
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- Near site testing, Transportation to/from Testing Center are provided ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Examination Passing Policy
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: PMP, CAPM and CISSP CBK Review
- *** Not included in our PMP, CAPM, CISA, CISM, CGEIT, CRISC, (ISC)2 or ITIL Managers and Revision Certifications
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
To achieve your AWS certification, you should have a minimum of two years' experience using AWS technology and be able to:
- Independently define AWS architecture and services and understand how they integrate with each other
- Define and architect AWS big data services and explain how they fit in the data lifecycle of collection, ingestion, storage, processing, and visualisation
You should also possess at least five years' experience in a data analytics field and understand:
- How to control access to secure data
- The frameworks that underpin large scale distributed systems like Hadoop/Spark and MPP data warehouses
- The tools and design platforms that allow processing of data from multiple heterogeneous sources with difference frequencies (batch/real-time)
- How to design a scalable and cost-effective architecture to process data
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on +971 4 3199019 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) Big Data on AWS Course Dates
Amazon Web Services (AWS) - Firebrand’s training for Big Data on AWS
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 72,589 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.77% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"The instructor provided us with a great training experience on a site with excellent facilities. A truly great company to train with."
Nick Sharp, Corneliue Group PLC. (2/12/2019 to 5/12/2019)
"I attended the AWS SA Associate course and it has been one of the best training courses I've attended. The course was well organised and delivered. There was a good balance of knowledge transfer and practical exercises to reinforce the learning. Our trainer was very knowledgeable in the subject matter and catered for differing levels of experience/expertise in our class group."
Nick Pearman, SopraSteria. (30/9/2019 to 2/10/2019)
"Very focused and intense training, although course content covered well. "
Peter Allen, Sopra Steria. (25/11/2019 to 28/11/2019)
"This course is very fast paced, but exceptionally well prepared and delivered. The only distractions are the ones you make for yourself like work phone/email. Turn them off and enjoy the training!"
D.Z., Sopra Steria. (25/11/2019 to 28/11/2019)
"Hard work and a lot to cover but expertly delivered in interactive style with demos and labs.Not just slide ware!"
Keith Halcrow, Sopra Steria. (25/11/2019 to 28/11/2019)
Latest Big Data on AWS Reviews from our students
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!