1. You are evaluating several different motivational strategies to motivate your project team. You subscribe to the belief that pay and salary may prevent job dissatisfaction, but will not lead to long term job satisfaction. You believe that over the long run pay and salary are NOT motivators. Which of the following motivational theories are you applying?
A – McClelland’s Needs Theory
B – Alderfer’s theory of relatedness
C – Tuckman’s theory of group formation
D – Hertzberg Hygiene theory
2. According to Maslow’s hierarchy of needs in which level does the need for acceptance occur?
A – Self Actualisation
B – Love/belonging
C – Self Esteem
D – Transcendence
3. Which statement is not true regarding recognition and reward?
A – Rewards which only a select few in the project team can achieve, will undermine team performance through demotivating the rest of the team
B – Recognition and rewards should be clearly specified and openly communicated so that everyone has the same understanding and places that achievement in their control
C – Recognition and rewards should accommodate, and thereby respect, cultural differences
D – Recognition and rewards is a tool/technique of Manage Project Team process
4. Which of the following statements are true regarding the project Human Resource Management processes?
A – Plan HR Management involves receiving the personnel required for the project
B – Develop Project Team requires the use of Negotiation and Pre Assignment as a tool/technique
C – Acquire Project Team requires the use of Negotiation and Pre Assignment as a tool/technique
D – Manage Project Team requires the use of Negotiation and Pre Assignment as a tool/technique
5. You have been having problems with two seller teams during project execution and there have been delays. Several times you have had to lay down the law of the land and once, actually had to seek assistance from an external stakeholder, who was in a unique position to be able to give that help. What is the conflict resolution style that you employed?
A – Referring, smoothing
B – Forcing, smoothing
C – Compromise, confrontation
D – Withdrawal, forcing
6. You are the PM at ADCO llc, an advertising firm that specializes in marketing and promotional campaign for athletes’ clothes and running footwear. Your Account Managers frequently use sports and film celebrities as part of the marketing and advertising campaigns. Advertising that use such celebrities to influence consumer purchasing decisions, is an example of what type of power?
A – Referent power
B – Exert power
C – Legitimate power
D – Coercive power
7. You are currently in the process of acquiring your project team and are working with functional managers to ensure that the project receives the appropriate staff during the required time frame. Which of the following BEST describes the tool/ technique you are using?
A – Pre-assignment
B – Acquisition
C – Negotiation
D – Virtual teams
8. Which of the following describes the assumptions made by the theory X style of management?
A – People can handle responsibility with creativity and ingenuity
B – People have no ambition, wants no responsibility and would rather follow than lead
C – People will be committed to their objectives if rewards are in place that address higher needs such as self-fulfillment
D – People work only for the challenge in doing a job well and want job satisfaction
9. You are a project manager for Sebastian Holdings, a manufacturer of childrens toys. Your project team is in the process of designing a new children toy for Christmas and New Year season.
Your project team has worked together for the last six months, and has become a self-directed, self-managing team, with little, if any supervision required. A new member has just added to the team. Which of the following statements are true?
A – Introduction to the new team member will cause the develop team project process to start over again at the forming stage
B – Introduction to the new team member have no effect on develop team project process. The team will continue in the performing stage
C – Introduction to the new team member will cause the develop team project process to start over again at the norming stage
D – Introduction to the new team member will cause the develop team project process to start over again at the storming stage
10. Which of the following techniques does the PM use to resolve conflicts most often?
A – Compromise/reconcile
B – Withdraw/avoid
C – Smooth/accommodate
D – Collaborate/problem solve
11. You are managing a project for the development of Al Fresco, a NAC (network admissions control) appliance that uses network infrastructure to enforce security policy compliance on all connected and potentially connectable devices seeking to access network computing resources, thereby limiting damage from emerging security threats. Al Fresco provides self-contained endpoint assessment, device identification, internal matching against security records, policy management, and remediation services. Your company had performed a similar project a couple years ago.
This is critical project for your company, and you are under tremendous pressure to deliver the project. Unfortunately, you are new in the company, and the project seems to be growing in size by the day. You are starting to feel overwhelmed by the project. What is your BEST course of action?
A – Ask for additional resources from the PMO
B – Obtain the historical records and guidance from the PMO
C – Contract from an outside vendor to provide the necessary technical expertise
D – Ask the previous project manager for assistance
12. Which of the following statements are true regarding project team management?
A – Activity sequencing involves identifying the specific schedule activities that need to be performed to produce project deliverables
B – Activity definition involves identifying and documenting dependencies among schedule activities
C – Activity resource estimating involves estimating the type and quantities of resources required to perform each schedule activity
D – Schedule development involves estimating the number of work periods that will be needed to complete individual schedule activities
13. Which statement is NOT true regarding project team working?
A – The evaluation of a team’s effectiveness can include indicators such as reduce staff turnover rate
B – The management project team process involves tracking project team member performance, providing feedback, and coordinating changes to improve project performance.
C – When managing the project team, the staffing management plan is updated, changes requests are submitted and issues are resolved
D – Management of the project team is simplified when team members are accountable to both a functional manager and a project manager within a matrix organization
Firebrand Training grants you a personal, non-exclusive, non-transferable license to access and use the site. You may download or print material from the site only for your own personal, non-commercial use. Read our full terms and conditions on https://firebrand.training/uk/learn/terms-and-conditions.