Note: This course used to be called Sun Certified System Administrator for Sun Cluster 3.2 Software.
Sun Cluster is a multi-system, multi-site disaster recovery solution that manages the availability of applications services and data across local, regional and vastly dispersed datacenters. In the event that your applications, systems or datacentre experiences a catastrophic failure, Sun Cluster can ensure 24/7 access to all services running on your SPARC and x86/x64-based systems.
Firebrand Training’s accelerated 3 day Oracle OCP Solaris Cluster 3.2 System Administrator course is for system administrators who install, support and administer Sun Cluster 3.2. Students are introduced to Sun Cluster hardware and software product features, hardware configuration, and software installation along with configuration, data service configuration, and system operation.
Students who can benefit from this course are system administrators, database administrators, and support personnel.
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Describe the major Sun Cluster hardware and software components and functions
- Configure different methods of connecting to node consoles
- Configure a cluster administrative workstation
- Install and configure the Sun Cluster 3.2 software
- Configure Sun Cluster 3.2 quorum devices
- Configure VERITAS Volume Manager in the Sun Cluster software environment
- Configure Solaris Volume Manager software in the Sun Cluster software environment
- Create Internet Protocol Multipathing (IPMP) failover groups in the Sun Cluster 3.2 software environment
- Understand resources and resource groups, configure a failover data service resource group (Network File System [NFS]), and resource group (Apache)
- Configure failover between Solaris 10 zones, failover ORACLE, and ORACLE Real Application Clusters (RAC) in the Sun Cluster software environment
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be Solaris 3.2 certified in just 3 days. With us, you’ll be Solaris 3.2 trained in record time
- Our Solaris 3.2 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Solaris 3.2 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Solaris 3.2 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Solaris 3.2 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 74,742 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
- You'll do more than study Firebrand's courseware. We use practical exercises to make sure you can apply your new knowledge to the work environment. Our instructors use demonstrations and real-world experience to keep the day interesting and engaging
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need:
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
This information has been provided as a helpful tool for candidates considering training. Courses that include certification come with a Certification Guarantee. Pass first time or train again for free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs). We do not make any guarantees about personal successes or benefits of obtaining certification. Benefits of certification determined through studies do not guarantee any particular personal successes.
Module 1 - Introducing Sun Cluster Hardware and Software
- Define the concept of clustering
- Describe the hardware and software environment
- Identify the data service support
- Explore the high availability (HA) framework
- Define global storage services differences
Module 2 - Exploring Node Console Connectivity and the Cluster Console Software
- Access the Node consoles on domain-based servers
- Configure the Sun Cluster console software
- Use the Cluster console tools
Module 3 - Preparing for Installation and Understanding Quorum Devices
- List the Sun Cluster software boot disk requirements and restrictions
- Identify typical cluster storage topologies
- Describe quorum votes and quorum devices
- Configure a quorum server
- Describe persistent quorum reservations and cluster amnesia
- Describe data fencing
- Configure a supported cluster interconnect system
- Identify public network adapters
- Configure shared physical adapters
Module 4 - Installing and Configuring the Sun Cluster Software Framework
- Install the Sun Cluster packages using the Sun Java Enterprise System (Java ES) installer
- Describe the Sun Cluster Framework configuration
- Describe the files and settings that are automatically configured by scinstall
- Perform automatic quorum configuration
- Describe the manual quorum selection
Module 5 - Performing Basic Cluster Administration
- Identify the cluster daemons
- Perform basic cluster startup and shutdown operations
- Describe the Sun Cluster administration utilities
Module 6 - Using VERITAS Volume Manager for Volume Management
- Describe the most important concepts of VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM)
- Initialize a VERITAS Volume Manager disk
- Install VxVM 5.0 software
- Use basic commands to put disks in disk groups and build volumes
- Register and resynchronize VxVM disk groups with the cluster
Module 7 - Managing Volumes With Solaris Volume Manager
- Describe the most important concepts of Solaris Volume Manager
- Describe Solaris Volume Manager soft partitions
- Explain shared disksets, local disksets and multiowner disksets
- Describe volume database (metadb) management issues
- Install and configure the software
- Create the local metadbs
- Add disks to shared disksets
- Perform device group management
- Perform cluster-specific changes to device groups
- Create global file systems
- Mirror the boot disk
Module 8 - Managing the Public Network With IPMP
- Define the concepts for an IPMP group
- List examples of network adapters in IPMP groups
- Describe the operation of the in.mpathd daemon
- List the new options to the ifconfig command that support IPMP, and configure IPMP with /etc/hostname.xxx files
- Perform a forced failover of an adapter in an IPMP group
- Configure IPMP manually
- Describe the integration of IPMP into the Sun Cluster software environment
Module 9 - Introducing Data Services, Resource Groups, and HA-NFS
- List the components of a data service agent
- Describe the primary purpose of resource groups
- Differentiate between failover and scalable data services
- Use the clrg and clres command to control resources and resource groups
- Use the rg and clres cstat command to view resource and group status
- Use the clsetup utility for resources and resource group operations
Module 10 - Configuring Scalable Services and Advanced Resource Group Relationships
- Describe scalable services
- Create the failover resource group
- Create the scalable resource group
- Describe the SharedAddress resource
- Use the clrg and clres commands
Module 11 - Performing Supplemental Exercises for Sun Cluster 3.2 Software
- Configure a failover applications that fails over between zones
- Configure HA-ORACLE in a Sun Cluster 3.2 software environment as a failover application
- Configure ORACLE Real Application Cluster (RAC) 10g in a Sun Cluster 3.2 software environment
See Exam Track...
This course prepares you for, and tests you in the following exam:
- 1Z0-884: Oracle Solaris Cluster 3.2 System Administrator Certified Professional Exam
See What's Included...
Firebrand Training offers top-quality technical education and certification training in an all-inclusive course package specifically designed for the needs and ease of our students. We attend to every detail so our students can focus solely on their studies and certification goals.
Our Accelerated Learning Programmes include:
- Intensive Hands-on Training Utilising our (Lecture | Lab | Review)TM Delivery
- Comprehensive Study Materials, Program Courseware and Self-Testing Software including MeasureUp *
- Fully instructor-led program with 24 hour lab access
- Examination vouchers **
- On site testing ***
- Accommodation, all meals, unlimited beverages, snacks and tea / coffee****
- Transportation to/from designated local railway stations
- Examination Passing Policy
Our instructors teach to accommodate every student's learning needs through individualised instruction, hands-on labs, lab partner and group exercises, independent study, self-testing, and question/answer drills.
Firebrand Training has dedicated, well-equipped educational facilities where you will attend instruction and labs and have access to comfortable study and lounging rooms. Our students consistently say our facilities are second-to-none.
Firebrand goes digital
We’re currently migrating from printed to digital courseware. Some courseware is already available in digital, while other books remain in printed form. To find out if this course is digital, call us on 080 80 800 888.
There are several benefits of easy-to-use digital courseware: downloads are immediate, and you’ll always have your courseware available wherever you are. You won’t need to wait for a printed book to be delivered before you start learning – and it’s better for the environment.
Considering a Microsoft course? Always have the most up-to-date Microsoft digital courseware with ‘Fresh Editions’. This gives you access to all versions of digital courseware – you’ll receive updates and revisions of your textbook, at no charge, for the life of that course.
Examination Passing Policy
Should a student complete a Firebrand Training Program without having successfully passed all vendor examinations, the student may re-attend that program for a period of one year. Students will only be responsible for accommodations and vendor exam fees.
- * Not on all courses
- ** Examination vouchers are not included for the following courses: GIAC, CREST and CISSP CBK Review. Exam vouchers may also not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to Education and Skills Funding Agency guidelines.
- *** On site testing is not included for our GIAC, CREST or ITIL Managers and Revision Certification Courses
- **** Accommodation not included on the CISSP CBK Review Seminar
To succeed fully in this course, students should be able to:
- Demonstrate Some experience with Relational Databases and SQL.
It is also recommended that you have a minimum of 6-12 months of Oracle Solaris Cluster or Sun Cluster installation and administration experience, basic network administration and ability to perform Volume Management using both Solaris Volume Manager softwware (SVM) and VERITAS Volume Manager (VxVM).
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites?
Don’t worry - we’ll discuss your technical background, experience and qualifications to determine whether this accelerated course suits you.
Just call us on 080 80 800 888 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants.
Firebrand is an immersive environment and requires commitment. Some prerequisites are simply guidelines; you may find your unique experience, attitude and determination enables you to succeed on your accelerated course.
Oracle Solaris 3.2 Course Dates
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 74,742 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
Anonymous (18/11/2019 to 20/11/2019)
"Really enjoyed the experience and learned a lot of new skills. So thank you Firebrand."
M.A.. (18/11/2019 to 20/11/2019)
"Good food, good training, could improve by using less disposable cups and offer mugs instead."
Liam Coleman, IBM. (4/11/2019 to 6/11/2019)
"I found the course interesting and the content was delivered well."
R.B.. (4/11/2019 to 6/11/2019)
"Enjoyed my time at Firebrand. The training facilities are good. Plenty of free refreshments and close to your room for relation. Nice surroundings. Clean hotel."
Anonymous. (8/7/2019 to 10/7/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students