The Technology Specialist certifications enable professionals to target specific technologies and distinguish themselves by demonstrating in-depth knowledge of and expertise in the technologies with which they work. Microsoft Technology Specialists are consistently capable of implementing, building, troubleshooting, and debugging a particular Microsoft technology..
The goal of our 5 day accelerated Microsoft SQL Server 2005 certification is to provide IT professionals with the knowledge and skills necessary to design, implement and administer Microsoft SQL Server 2005 databases. This is an accelerated, fully immersed course, designed upon the job-related tasks of a DBA.
The course is appropriate for individuals who derive physical database designs, develop logical data models, create physical databases, create data services by using Transact-SQL, manage and maintain databases, configure and manage security, monitor and optimize databases, and install and configure SQL Server.
The SQL Server 2005 Course is Appropriate for:
- Database administrator
- Database analysts
- Database developers
Firebrand Training is unlike any other "boot camp". With Firebrand Training, you will learn more. We offer accelerated training courses that ensure professionals will emerge with thorough knowledge of the products in the shortest possible time.
Instructors are available at all times to provide individual and group attention, lead lab exercises and practice sessions, and ensure the students' success. Our attention to detail shows in our unsurpassed instruction and customer service, our classroom and testing facilities, and our individual and corporate success stories.
From the skilful crafting of our unique curriculum and careful selection of courseware to every detail of your training comfort, Firebrand Training is the best way to obtain SQL 2005 skills. Other training providers cannot match our commitment to quality instruction-led training and top-notch educational facilities.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online SQL 2005 courses
- You'll be SQL 2005 certified in just 5 days. With us, you’ll be SQL 2005 trained in record time
- Our SQL 2005 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass SQL 2005 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn SQL 2005 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying SQL 2005 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,622 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
So what makes SQL Server 2005 compelling? The following short list highlights some
- T-SQL enhancement
- Performance improvements
- Backup enhancements
- Online-maintenance operations
- Business-intelligence enhancements
- Management-GUI enhancements
- Security enhancements
- Increased memory usage with
- Standard Edition
- XML enhancements
- SSIS enhancements (formerly DTS)
- Better e-mail handling
- 64-bit support
- Common Language Runtime (CLR)
- Service Broker
- New product versions
- High-availability features
- Data encryption
- Database Tuning Advisor
- Dedicated administrator connection
So now that you have decided to upgrade to or deploy SQL Server 2005 - why educate?
As SQL Server continues to mature, more and more features are added to the base product. This is both good and bad. The plus side is that you get more than just a database engine. The down side is that you have a lot more to learn. The days of being of being an expert on every aspect of SQL Server are over -- but this doesn't mean that you can't still use these new features. If you are only using the product's base functionality you are missing out on a wealth of functions. Case in point: Analysis Services, SQL Server's business analysis tools. This product has been available for several years and most people that use SQL Server have never taken advantage or know little about it.
What are the benefits of certification?
For IT managers, certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. Certification can also contribute to increased productivity, because studies have shown that certified individuals are generally quicker to implement and design new technologies. And of course by knowing that their employees are certified, IT managers can feel more confident about their ability to implement and support a network infrastructure.
- Overwhelmingly, individuals with Microsoft certifications have an advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill, and command more professional credibility.
- The MCDBA certification is recognized as a particularly elite indication of an database administrator's prowess and skill level, and these professionals are highly sought by employers.
- Individual students may receive college credits to utilize tuition reimbursement programs for their IT training or to complete college coursework.
- Employer-funded training and certification programs are a key to retaining skilled IT staff. Career development and advancement opportunities are shown to significantly reduce rates of employee turnover.
- Certification Training Programs provide benchmarks for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately assessing technical skills.
- For-certification training programs maximize educational investments through immediate validation of skills.
Microsoft certification affords special membership benefits
- Technical information, product information and exclusive discounts on products and services through a secured section of the Microsoft website.
- Microsoft logos and certificate for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences and other educational opportunities.
- Access to the secure Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online website.
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
Firebrand Training provides thorough instructor-led training to ensure that you learn the fundamentals and obtain hands-on skills. You will emerge able to immediately apply your new knowledge in your career environment.
Firebrand Training has an aggressive educational schedule that thoroughly covers all essential elements necessary to become skilled as an SQL Server 2005 professional.
- Day 1 Using Transact-SQL to retrieve data from SQL Server 2005
- Day 2 Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database
- Day 3 Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Database
- Day 4 Introduction to SQL Server Services
- Day 5 Exam - 70-431
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 - Implementation and Maintenance
Firebrand Training is a Microsoft Certified Partner : Learning Solutions (formerly CTEC). We specially select Microsoft Press or MOC Courseware for the highest-standard training of SQL Server 2005.
Through lecture, group discussion and hands-on lab work, you will learn how to:
- Use the Development Tools provided with SQL Server 2005
- Use Transact-SQL enhancements to perform database development tasks
- Develop XML-based Solutions using SQL Server 2005
- Build Message-Based Services with the Service Broker
- Implement Web Services using Native HTTP Endpoints
- Build Notification Services Applications
- Implement Database Functionality with Managed (.NET) Code
- Build Client Applications with the .NET Framework
- Build Administrative Applications with SQL Management Objects (SMO)
- Describe the components of SQL Server 2005
- Describe new and enhanced features for administrators in SQL Server 2005
- Plan a SQL Server 2005 installation
- Install SQL Server 2005
- Maintain a SQL Server 2005 installation
- Choose the appropriate tool or utility to perform an administrative task
- Use SQL Server Management Studio to manage databases
- Use SQL Server Computer Manager to manage a server
- Use the sqlcmd utility to execute Transact-SQL from the command prompt
- Use SQL Management Objects to script common administrative tasks
- Use SQL Profiler to monitor SQL Server 2005
- Use DDL triggers to respond to DDL events
- Use event notifications to respond to database events
- Query SQL Server metadata
- Maintain indexes in a SQL Server 2005 database
- Use the Database Tuning Advisor to assist with database design
- Maintain SQL Server 2005 databases
- Describe the security architecture of SQL Server 2005
- Manage securables and principals
- Manage permissions
- Use certificates in SQL Server 2005
- Describe common disaster recovery enhancements in SQL Server 2005
- Use database snapshots
- Perform backup and restore operations
- Describe the data availability technologies included in SQL Server 2005
- Describe the concepts of database mirroring
- Configure database mirroring
- Describe the enhancements to replication functionality in SQL Server 2005
- Describe the new types of replication available in SQL Server 2005
- Configure replication using SQL Server 2005.
See Exam Track...
Microsoft Certified Technology Specialist on SQL Server 2005 candidates are required to pass Exam 70-431.
Skills Being Measured
The 70-431 certification exam measures your ability to implement and maintain a SQL Server 2005 database. This program shall prepare students in the job skills listed in the following matrix:
- Installing and Configuring SQL Server 2005
- Configure SQL Server 2005 instances and databases
- Configure SQL Server security
- Configure linked servers by using SQL Server Management Studio (SSMS)
- Implementing High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Implement database mirroring
- Implement log shipping
- Manage database snapshots
- Supporting Data Consumers
- Retrieve data to support ad hoc and recurring queries
- Manipulate relational data
- Manage XML data
- Implement an HTTP endpoint
- Implement Service Broker components
- Import and export data from a file
- Manage replication
- Maintaining Databases
- Implement and maintain SQL Server Agent jobs
- Manage databases by using Transact-SQL
- Back up a database
- Restore a database
- Move a database between servers
- Monitoring and Troubleshooting SQL Server Performance
- Gather performance and optimization data by using the SQL Server Profiler
- Gather performance and optimization data by using the Database Engine Tuning Advisor.
- Monitor and resolve blocks and deadlocks
- Diagnose and resolve database server errors
- Monitor SQL Server Agent job history
- Gather performance and optimization data by using DMVs
- Creating and Implementing Database Objects
- Implement a table
- Implement a view
- Implement triggers
- Implement functions
- Implement stored procedures
- Implement constraints
- Implement indexes
- Create user-defined types
- Implement a full-text search
- Implement partitions.
See What's Included...
Our accelerated program includes the most comprehensive industry courseware available - which serves as excellent post-class reference material.
- MCTS Training Kit: Implementing & Maintaining SQL Server 2005 Book/CD Package
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 2779 BC (Implementing a Microsoft SQL Server Database)
- MOC 2780 BC (Maintaining a Microsoft SQL Server Database)
Your accelerated course includes:
- Accommodation *
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee *
- On-site exams **
- Exam vouchers **
- Practice tests **
- Certification Guarantee ***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware **
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Students who are successful in accelerated SQL 2005 certification training may possess
- Basic knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system and its core functionality
- Working knowledge of Transact-SQL
- Working knowledge of relational databases
- Experience with database design
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft SQL 2005 Course Dates
Microsoft - MCTS SQL Server 2005 Certification
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,622 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.76% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"This was a rewarding but often gruelling experience that provided a 100% focus on learning SQL Server 2008. This is the best course that I have ever attended and I will use Firebrand Training again for an equivalent Oracle course."
Steve Page, Napp Pharmaceuticals. (12/4/2010 to 16/4/2010)
"If you struggle to concentrate on your common 5 day training courses then Firebrand is the course for you!
My instructor made the course. The instructor was vastly knowledgeable, yet managed to deliver the course in a style that kept you alert for the 12+ hours a day.
Alexander Kennedy, Conde Nast Publications Ltd. (12/4/2010 to 16/4/2010)
"This is the most intensive learning I have ever done! But no matter how I learn, the lecture, practice and review structure meant that it was all taken in by the end of the week and one exam passed (very unexpectedly!!!)
Coming into the course being new to SQL technology I was apprehensive about the outcome.
However the quality of the teaching, and structure of the learning meant that, despite it being physically draining, it was the most well spent week of my IT career.
I would thoroughly recommend this to anyone who is serious about getting this qualification and doesn't mind putting in a weeks worth of hard graft to get the result."
Neil Rutland. (9/11/2009 to 13/11/2009)
"The Firebrand Training experience is superb if you enjoy working at a fast pace. Though the days are long they really don't seem because you are constantly using your brain and learning."
Andrew Price. (9/11/2009 to 13/11/2009)
"As per usual you guys were great. Came knowing little and really only wanted to learn and wasn't that bothered with passing the exam - it was only important that I came away knowing more than I did at the start. Aced the exam though!"
Dai Williams, Howden. (9/11/2009 to 13/11/2009)
Latest Reviews from our students