Microsoft Certified IT Professional: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 demonstrates that you can design analysis solutions, data transformations, and reports. Business intelligence developers design and implement multi-dimensional database models (logical and physical), data marts, data warehousing, data transforms, data analytics, and reporting solutions. This includes programming and customizing servers that use Multidimensional Expressions (MDX), customer transforms, and custom reporting solutions. Business intelligence developers are typically employed by mid- to large-sized organisations.
This two-day course is suitable for IT professionals who design and plan business intelligence (BI) solutions by using Microsoft SQL Server 2008 tools.
The new generation of Microsoft certifications
The MCITP: Business Intelligence Developer 2008 credential is part of the new generation of Microsoft certifications, which separates validation of technology and professional skills, providing a more relevant, flexible, and cost-effective way to validate core technical, professional, and architectural skills.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Seven reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- Two options of training. Choose between residential classroom-based, or online Business Intelligence 2008 courses
- You'll be Business Intelligence 2008 certified in just 2 days. With us, you’ll be Business Intelligence 2008 trained in record time
- Our Business Intelligence 2008 course is all-inclusive. A one-off fee covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals. No hidden extras
- Pass Business Intelligence 2008 first time or train again for free. This is our guarantee. We’re confident you’ll pass your course first time. But if not, come back within a year and only pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs
- You’ll learn more. A day with a traditional training provider generally runs from 9am – 5pm, with a nice long break for lunch. With Firebrand Training you’ll get at least 12 hours/day quality learning time, with your instructor
- You’ll learn Business Intelligence 2008 faster. Chances are, you’ll have a different learning style to those around you. We combine visual, auditory and tactile styles to deliver the material in a way that ensures you will learn faster and more easily
- You’ll be studying Business Intelligence 2008 with the best. We’ve been named in Training Industry’s “Top 20 IT Training Companies of the Year” every year since 2010. As well as winning many more awards, we’ve trained and certified 75,360 professionals, and we’re partners with all of the big names in the business
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Use your free Microsoft training vouchers
You may be entitled to heavily-discounted training via Microsoft's Software Assurance Training Voucher (SATV) scheme. If your business has bought Microsoft software, check to see if it came bundled with free training vouchers! Vouchers can be exchanged against training for all Microsoft technologies. If you’re unsure, get in touch with us
What are the benefits of a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 certification
For HR managers, a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 certification is particularly important because it allows them to more easily identify the skills that an individual possesses. When a company has employees that possess certain skills, it can garner a competitive advantage when seeking to attract customers. A Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 can also contribute to increased productivity.
- Overwhelmingly, individuals with a Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 have an advanced level of knowledge, expertise and skill, and command more professional credibility.
- Individual students may receive college credits to utilize tuition reimbursement programs for their IT training or to complete college coursework.
- Employer-funded training and certification programs are a key to retaining skilled staff. Career development and advancement opportunities employee turnover.
- Microsoft MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008 certification Training Programs provide benchmarks for hiring and promotion decisions by accurately assessing technical skills.
- For-certification training programs maximize educational investments through immediate validation of skills.
Microsoft certification affords special membership benefits
- Technical information, product information and exclusive discounts on products and services through a secured section of the Microsoft website.
- Microsoft logos and certificate for your personal promotion to clients or potential employers.
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences and other educational opportunities.
Other accelerated training providers rely heavily on lecture and independent self-testing and study.
Effective technical instruction must be highly varied and interactive to keep attention levels high, promote camaraderie and teamwork between the students and instructor, and solidify knowledge through hands-on learning.
Firebrand Training provides instruction to meet every learning need, including
- Intensive group instruction
- One-on-one instruction attention
- Hands-on labs
- Lab partner and group exercises
- Question and answer drills
- Independent study
Benefits of Training with Firebrand
- Two options of training - Residential classroom-based, or online courses
- A purpose-built training centre – get access to dedicated Pearson VUE Select facilities
- Certification Guarantee – pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
- Everything you need to certify – you’ll sit your exam on the course and return home certified
- No hidden extras – one cost covers everything you need to certify
During the course, delegates will learn how to design and manage reporting environments, design and deploy Integration Services packages, design an Analysis Services database, design data mining models, administer a BI Solution and design a BI architecture.
- Design control flow
- Design data flow
- Plan the deployment of SSIS packages
- Design the configuration file for an SSIS package
- Design a logging and auditing strategy
- Design report architecture
- Design a data acquisition strategy
- Define a report parameter strategy
- Design a report layout
- Design reports by using Report Builder
- Manage a report environment
- Design a mining model and structure
- Design cube architecture
- Design for international implementation
- Design a data source view
- Design perspectives
- Design and create business-driven Multidimensional Expressions (MDX) calculations
- Analyze cube performance
- Design a mining model and structure
- Design strategies for staging data for mining
- Select a strategy for visualizing data mining results
- Select data mining algorithms
- Refine testing models
- Maintain server health
- Select a subscription strategy
- Manage integration services
- Design a backup strategy
- Plan and manage upgrades
- Plan and manage reporting services configuration
- Design integration between data visualization components
- Design the data warehouse
- Plan for scalability
- Plan for performance
- Manage team development issues
- Plan the configuration of a primary data source
- Design a security strategy
See Exam Track...
You'll sit the following exam:
Exam 70-452: PRO: Designing a Business Intelligence Infrastructure Using Microsoft SQL Server 2008
See What's Included...
- MCTS Self-Placed Training Kit (Exam 70-448): Microsoft SQL Server 2008 - Business Intelligence Development and Maintenance - Book/CD Package ISBN: 9780735626362
Microsoft Official Curriculum
- MOC 6234 AK - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2008 Analysis Services
- MOC 6235 AK - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2008 Integration Services
- MOC 6236 AK - Implementing and Maintaining Microsoft® SQL Server™ 2008 Reporting Services
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Candidates for this certification are professionals who work in an enterprise-level organization and are designing, developing, optimizing, maintaining, and supporting SQL Server based BI environment.
Unsure whether you meet the prerequisites? Don’t worry. Your training consultant will discuss your background with you to understand if this course is right for you.
Microsoft Business Intelligence 2008 Course Dates
Microsoft - MCITP Business Intelligence Developer 2008
Here's the Firebrand Training review section. Since 2001 we've trained exactly 75,360 students and asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently, 96.78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations.
Read reviews from recent accelerated courses below or visit Firebrand Stories for written and video interviews from our alumni.
"Firebrand said that failure was not an option, and they fulfilled on that."
I.E. (12/9/2011 to 14/9/2011)
"The MCITP SQL Server Business Intelligence instructor, was deeply knowledgeable about everything even slightly related to the course and was excellent in his delivery of the material. There is no doubt I can attribute my success to his teaching.
I chose Firebrand Training because of previous good experience and also price was negotiated within my budget. "
Ralph Carter. (5/3/2010 to 7/3/2010)
"The tutor for my Course , was brilliant at going through what we needed to learn, in an easy and accessible manner. was always happy to go that further mile in helping, or making the explanations easier by means of pizza analogy for us to understand. good lad."
Aaron Ryan, CAF. (9/3/2020 to 12/3/2020)
"Coming to Firebrand training site was really enjoyable, the staff are really friendly and helpful! I am excited to come back soon!"
N.G.. (9/3/2020 to 12/3/2020)
"It was intensive, but it was worth being locked away to focus 100% on learning!
Brett Bennett-Smith, Lloyds. (4/3/2020 to 7/3/2020)
Latest Reviews from our students