Use these sample interview questions when you’re recruiting apprentices within an Apprentice Information Systems Business Analyst role.
A Business Analyst is a multi-faceted role which requires a range of skills:
Technical Skills: they should have a conceptual technical understanding of technologies
Methodologies: they should have an awareness of development methodologies e.g. Waterfall, Agile, Scrum etc.
Ability to write a specification
Understand business processes
Visual modelling: flowcharts, work-flow documents etc.
- Passionate about IT
- Ability to self-teach
- Eye for detail
- Lateral thinker
- Curious Mind
- Quick learner
- Strong communication skills
- Collaborating skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Visual modelling
- Relationship building skills
Technical interview questions for Apprentice Information Systems Business Analysts
- What do you think are the key skills required of a business analyst?
- Name the stages in System Development lifecycle
- What is ‘Waterfall’ development model?
- What is the ‘Agile’ development model?
- Why are flowcharts important?