Firebrand's two-day accelerated course provides comprehensive training and certification for anyone involved in software testing. It follows the syllabus specified by the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB).
Firebrand's accelerated course is designed to prepare you for and test you in the following accreditations:
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing
On completion of Firebrand's course you will be able to:
- Manage, plan and prepare rigorous, formal, visible and repeatable tests that will fully exercise software, in the development of quality systems.
- Apply different testing approaches (black box, white box, static and dynamic) to all stages of software development.
- Prepare test plans, strategy, specifications, procedures and controls to provide a structured approach to testing.
- Identify what is involved in acceptance testing, system testing, integration testing and unit testing, what should be tested when and by whom.
- Document testing appropriately.
- Describe the different types of testing tools available and identify and implement the appropriate types of tools for their needs.
Firebrand's training for ISTQB's Foundation Software Testing certification:
- Allows you to achieve your certifications in a fraction of the time of 'traditional training' while delivering industry-leading exam passing percentages.
- Helps students grasp complex technical concepts more easily by identifying and catering to individual student learning styles through a mixed visual, auditory and kinaesthetic-tactual delivery system.
- Enhances retention by employing accelerated learning techniques focused on committing information to long-term memory.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your ISTQB Foundation course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ISTQB Foundation trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 2-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your ISTQB Foundation course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass ISTQB Foundation first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study ISTQB Foundation with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75.101 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
During our program the following topics will be presented:
ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing:
Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
- Testing Models
- Testing System Integration, Component and Acceptance
- Testing Maintenance
- Testing Non-functional system
- Testing Functional system
- Reviewing and the testing process
- Benefits and costs of reviews
- Types of review: Walkthroughs, inspections, technical review, informal review
- Static analysis
Test Design Techniques
- Testing Black and White box
- Testing black box techniques including equivalence partitioning, state transition and boundary value analysis
- Testing white box techniques including statements and decisions
- Experienced based techniques
- Choose test techniques
- Project testing plan
- Configuration management
- Estimation testing: Inclusion in project schedule
- Monitor and control
- Track progress and deviations from plan
- Incident management: Tracking, logging and analysis
- Risk and testing
- Types of testing tools
- Testing requirement; Static analysis
- Testing design
- Data preparation
- Test running
- Test harnesses, simulators and drivers
- Performance tests
- Dynamic analysing
- Management testing
- Coverage measurement
- Effective use, benefits and risk
- Introducing tools into an organization
See Exam Track...
After sitting Firebrand's accelerated course, you will be prepared for, and sit the following exam:
The ISTQB Foundation Certificate in Software Testing (based on the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB) syllabus) is taken at the end of the final day. It is a one hour multiple choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
See What's Included...
- Firebrand's own Foundation Software Tester Courseware Kit
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Students should already have a basic working knowledge of IT and an understanding of the testing role in software development.
Are you ready to get certified in record time?
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
If you have any doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites please call (0)8 52 50 01 66 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants, who can help you with a training plan.
ISTQB ISTQB Foundation Course Dates
ISTQB - Firebrand's Training for ISTQB's Foundation Software Tester Certification
We've currently trained 75.101 students in 12 years. We asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently,
96,78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations:
"Intense couple of days, but a good way to learn and only focus on the training."
Anonymous (7/3/2016 to 8/3/2016)
"Yet another course done, and again a good experience."
Jorgen Saugmann. (7/3/2016 to 8/3/2016)
"Accelerated learning is not for all but if you thrive in fast paced learning, concentration for hours on end then I can strongly recommend Firebrand ISTQB Foundation"
Cæcilie Morild , Morild Consult. (30/11/2015 to 1/12/2015)
"Excellent training course + training material."
Sharon Green . (7/9/2015 to 8/9/2015)
"Hard work - long hours."
Anonymous (7/9/2015 to 8/9/2015)
Latest Reviews from our students