Firebrand’s accelerated 5 day course for ISTQB’s Foundation & Advanced Test Manager certification will teach you the fundamentals in software testing. You’ll be introduced to the different tests in the Software Development Lifecycle, test design techniques and the different types of software testing tools.
Once you are familiar with software testing basics, Firebrand’s course will move onto learning management skills in areas like:
- Defect management
- Test team dynamics
- Fitting testing within an organisation
- Business value of testing
Firebrand’s unique accelerated, combined course teaches you the solid foundations of software testing, before giving you the skills to manage your own team in the software testing field. This course is ideal if you’re a manager looking to move into the software testing area. It’s also great if you have a basic knowledge of software testing and are looking to move into a middle management role.
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your ISTQB course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be ISTQB trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 5-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your ISTQB course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass ISTQB first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study ISTQB with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75.101 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
Module One – Foundation Certificate
Testing Throughout the Lifecycle
- Models for tests
- Component, Acceptance testing and System Integration
- Maintenance tests
- Non-functional system tests
- Functional system tests
- Reviewing and the testing processes
- Benefits and costs of reviews
- Types of reviews: Walkthrough, technical review, informal reviews and inspections
- Static analysing
Test Design Techniques
- Black and White box tests
- Black box testing techniques including equivalence partitioning, state transition and boundary value analysis tests
- White box testing techniques including decision and statement tests
- Experience-based techniques
- Choosing test techniques
- Project testing plans
- Configuring management
- Estimation Testing: Inclusion in project schedule
- Monitoring and control
- Track progress and deviations from plan
- Incident management: Analysis, tracking and logging
- Risk and testing
- Types of testing tools
- Requirement tests; Static analysing
- Testing design
- Data preparation
- Test running
- Test harnesses, drivers and simulators
- Performance testing
- Dynamic analysing
- Management testing
- Coverage measurement
- Effective use, benefits and risk
- Introducing tools into an organization
Module Two – Advanced Certificate
Basic Aspects of Software Tests
- Tests in the Software Lifecycle
- Specific Systems
- Metrics & Measurements
- Testing, planning & control
- Test implementation & execution
- Evaluate exit criteria & reporting
- Testing Closure Activities
- How to test Management Documentation
- Testing Plan Documentation
- Testing Estimation
- Scheduling Test Planning
- How to test Progress Monitoring & Control
- The Business value of Testing
- Testing of Distributed, Outsourced & Insourced
- How to do Risks-Based Testing
- The Failure Mode & Effects Analysis
- Testing Management issues
Testing of Software Characteristics
- Principles of Reviews
- Introduction of Reviews
- Success Factors of Reviews
Standards & Test Improvement Process
- Improving the Test Processes
Test Tools & Automation
- Concepts of Testing Tools
- Category Test Tools
People Skills – Team Composition
- Testing Team Dynamics
- Fitting and Testing within an Organization
See Exam Track...
During Firebrand's course we prepare you for, and test you in the following exams:
- ISTQB Foundation Certificate
- ISTQB Advanced Certificate (Test Manager)
See What's Included...
- Firebrand's own Foundation & Advanced Test Manager Courseware Kits
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee
- Onsite exams
- Examination vouchers*
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Hands-on training through Lecture | Lab | ReviewTM
- Digital courseware (if available)
- * Exam vouchers may not be included for Apprentices and will require a separate purchase by an employer due to ESFA guidelines
- ** Some exceptions apply.
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
Prior to attending the Advanced level, you must hold the Foundation level certificate. It is also recommend that you have three years' experience working in a software testing environment, before taking the Advanced certificate.
Are you ready to get certified in record time?
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
If you have any doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites please call (0)8 52 50 01 66 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants, who can help you with a training plan.
ISTQB ISTQB Course Dates
ISTQB - Firebrand's Training for ISTQB's Foundation & Advanced Test Manager Certification
We've currently trained 75.101 students in 12 years. We asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently,
96,78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations:
"Firebrand makes sure you have what you need to succeed and works hard to make sure all issues that may pop up are dealt with quickly and satisfactorily."
Joseph Naber. (20/5/2019 to 24/5/2019)
"Instructor is industry/subject professional expert, as well as an excellent instructor."
Ziaur Rahman, Royal British Legion. (31/10/2016 to 4/11/2016)
"The instructor was first class and he has prepared me well for the exams. Firebrand have made me feel welcome and comfortable within an intense study environment."
Thomas Mawdsley, Clever Adviser. (25/4/2016 to 29/4/2016)
"I have trained with Firebrand before, the "boot camp" ethos suits my situation and I have never failed to take value back to my everyday work. The ISTQB course is very in-depth and pre-reading is essential, I would suggest trying to ensure the books are delivered at least a couple of weeks before the course. The instruction, as always, was exceptional and littered with real-life scenarios, which helped to put the content into perspective. "
G.A. (10/9/2012 to 14/9/2012)
"Firebrand is an extreme way of learning and not for the faint hearted. If you put the effort in, you will learn a lot in a short space of time. The team are very friendly and work very hard and long hours to help you get as much of your course as possible."
Anon.. (20/2/2012 to 24/2/2012)
Latest Reviews from our students