On this accelerated 3 day ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager certification course you'll gain the skills and knowledge to help your business implement and manage risk as outlined in ISO 31000.
Your fastest route to ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager certification
Through accelerated training you'll be ready sit the PECB ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager exam in just 3 days, 40% faster than traditional training. You'll develop skills including:
- how to implement Risk Management while adhering to the framework and principles of ISO 31000
- understanding the concepts, approaches, standards, methods and techniques required for managing risk in a business
- understanding how the components of a Risk Management process are linked - this includes responsibility, strategy, acquisition, performance, conformance, and human behaviour
This course is best suited to:
- Risk managers and consultants looking to help an organisation implement ISO 31000
- ISO 31000 auditors wanting to understand the process of Risk Management implementation
- CxO and Senior Managers in charge of Risk Management for an enterprise
- Business Process Owners
- Business Finance Managers
- Regulatory Compliance Managers
- Project Managers
- Individuals mangaing information security or conformity within an organisation
See prices now to find out how much you could save when you train at twice the speed.
Four reasons why you should sit your course with Firebrand Training
- You'll be trained and certified faster.
Learn more on this 3-day accelerated course. You'll get at least 12 hours a day of quality learning time in a distraction-free environment
- Your course is all-inclusive. One simple price covers all course materials, exams, accommodation and meals – so you can focus on learning
- Pass first time or train again for free. Your expert instructor will deliver our unique accelerated learning methods, allowing you to learn faster and be in the best possible position to pass first time. In the unlikely event that you don't, it's covered by your Certification Guarantee
- Study with an award-winning training provider. We've won the Learning and Performance Institute's "Training Company of the Year" three times. Firebrand is your fastest way to learn, with 75.367 students saving more than one million hours since 2001
Think you are ready for the course? Take a FREE practice test to assess your knowledge!
This training course covers both theory and practice:
- Sessions of lectures illustrated with examples based on real cases
- Practical exercises
- Review exercises to assist the exam preparation
- Practice test similar to the certification exam
Introduction to Risk Management and ISO 31000
- Introduction and a brief history of Risk Management
- Presentation of the Risk Management standards
- Overview of the fundamental principles of Risk Management
- Risk Management model
- Assigning roles and accountabilities
Establishing the Risk Management Project Team and drafting the Project Plan
Risk Management Strategy and Acquisition
- Strategic alignment of risk related objectives with enterprise objectives
- Meeting stakeholder needs through benefits realisation, risk optimisation, and resource optimisation
- Formulating a Risk Management strategy
- Effectively managing changes in business strategy which are due to the dynamic nature of a business environment
- Establishing a Risk Management strategy committee with the focus on offering advice on value, risk, and performance
- Acquisition – Balancing benefits opportunities, costs, and risks
- Preparing an acquisition and procurement process
- Calculation of benefits using financially oriented and non-financially oriented cost-benefit techniques
- Drafting and implementing cost optimisation strategies
Introduction to Risk Management concepts as required by ISO 31000
- Implementation of a Risk Management process
- Continuous improvement through frameworks
- Interoperability of diverse systems and organisations
- Risk management: identification, analysis and treatment of risk (drawing on guidance from ISO/IEC 31000)
Resource Management, Conformance, and Human Behaviour
- Establishing an effective Human Resource Management
- Drafting and incorporating HR strategies
- Contract Management, Relationship Management, and Asset Management through SLAs and OLAs
- Management and governance of data
- Record and monitor risk resource utilisation and availability
- Outsourcing practices: Onsite, Offsite, and Offshore
- Measure continuous performance of service delivery
- Governance of conformance to legal requirements and other standards
- Governance of human behaviour and management of organisational and cultural change
You'll sit the following exam at the Firebrand Training Centre, covered by your Certification Guarantee:
PECB exam: ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager
The exam tests knowledge of the following domains:
- Domain 1: Risk Management Principles
- Domain 2: Evaluate-Direct-Monitor Model of ISO 31000
- Domain 3: Guidance for Risk Management
- Domain 4: Implementing a Privacy Framework
- Domain 5: Evaluate the need and applicability of each principle
- Domain 6: Direct the adherence to each principle
- Domain 7: Monitor all or key activities related to all the principles
The exam is 3 hours in duration.
Upon passing the exam, you are eligible to apply for the credentials of PECB Certified ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager, dependent on your level of experience.
You will, be issued a certificate providing you pass the exam and meet all other requirements associated wit the ISO 31000 Lead Risk Manager credential.
Exam and certification fees are included in the training price
You'll also receive the following as part of the course:
- A student manual containing over 450 pages of information and practical examples
- A participation certificate of 31 CPD (Continuing Professional Development) credits
Your accelerated course includes:
- Meals, unlimited snacks, beverages, tea and coffee*
- On-site exams**
- Exam vouchers**
- Practice tests**
- Certification Guarantee***
- Up-to 12 hours of instructor-led training each day
- 24-hour lab access
- Digital courseware**
- * For residential training only. Doesn't apply for online courses
- ** Some exceptions apply. Please refer to the Exam Track or speak with our experts
- *** Pass first time or train again free (just pay for accommodation, exams and incidental costs)
This course requires you to have a basic understanding of risk management, or an understanding of the basic requirements of ISO 31000.
Are you ready to get certified in record time?
We interview all applicants for the course on their technical background, degrees and certifications held, and general suitability. If you get through this screening process, it means you stand a great chance of passing.
Firebrand Training is an immersive training environment. You must be committed to the course. The above prerequisites are guidelines, but many students with less experience have other background or traits that have enabled their success in accelerated training through Firebrand Training.
If you have any doubts as to whether you meet the pre-requisites please call 21 96 61 82 and speak to one of our enrolment consultants, who can help you with a training plan.
ISO Course Dates
ISO - 31000 Lead Risk Manager - Risk Management
We've currently trained 75.367 students in 12 years. We asked them all to review our Accelerated Learning. Currently,
96,78% have said Firebrand exceeded their expectations:
"Its intense but rewarding having the pass guarantee is great comfort."
Steve Brain. (15/1/2020 to 17/1/2020)
"I feel well trained to lead ISO 27001 implementations after attending the Firebrand Training."
Sofia Larsson, Secure State Cyber AB. (16/9/2019 to 18/9/2019)
"Good location to isolate yourself from distractions."
Anonymous. (24/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
"Great experience. Enough time to cover material. Ready for exam."
Abdirahman Wardhere, AWKU Consulting Ltd - Aviva. (24/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
"Professional and focussed training."
Klaus Wind, Danish Prison and Probation Service. (24/4/2019 to 26/4/2019)
Latest Reviews from our students